Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

It is evident paganism influenced nam of the planets of our solar system and the stars: 

The names:

Mercury (named after a god that flew to close to the sun) 

Venus (the mother goddess of fertility, her other interations are Vishnu, Ishtar, Isis, Ashteroth) 

Earth (Terra FirmAma, dirt, degrades man)

Mars (god of war, Ares, Baal, and etc)

Jupiter (the chief Roman god) 

Saturn (Satanalia, where the name Satan comes from)

Uranus (primal Greek god, represents sky)

Neptune (god of the seas)

Pluto (god of the underworld ). 

These are not what our Lord and God Trinity would have named the planets and stars. So how about new names to see what God may likely call them? 

My first list: The name on tight of colons : is what I would substitute the pagan name with. 

Mercury: Moses (near Burning bush) 

Venus: Esther (Esther is Ishtar or Venus)

Earth: Eden 

Mars: Michael Archangel (defeated Satan in War Revelation 12:4-11)

Jupiter: Jesus 

Saturn: Spirit of God 

Uranus: Abraham (left Ur) 

Neptune: Nathan the Prophet

Pluto: Peter 

Orion’s Belt: David’s Belt 

You can use names or attributes of God or names of God and etc. Have fun. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Unsaved folks devised the system for naming planets etc. So why does it even matter what they are called?

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Unsaved folks devised the system for naming planets etc. So why does it even matter what they are called?

Well actually the Completed Jews have different names for the planets and stars. Example, Orion’s Belt is David’s Belt. Virgo is the Virgin Mary. Gemini is the God and Man, two natures of Christ.  

-Book, It is Written in The Stars. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,675
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I get a kick out of your name for venus-esther, which by your own words means venus anyway, so why not just call it venus.

Yes, our planets have pagan roots- named from greek mythology if i recall. So what? The greek religion is long dead, now theyre just names that  everyone knows, i see absolutely no reason to add confusion by adding Christian names. Im sure once Christ sets up His kingdom well figure out what He called them and name them that. Until then, im quite content calling mercury mercury and venus venus.

16 hours ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

I get a kick out of your name for venus-esther, which by your own words means venus anyway, so why not just call it venus.

Yes, our planets have pagan roots- named from greek mythology if i recall. So what? The greek religion is long dead, now theyre just names that  everyone knows, i see absolutely no reason to add confusion by adding Christian names. Im sure once Christ sets up His kingdom well figure out what He called them and name them that. Until then, im quite content calling mercury mercury and venus venus.

Actually the gods that the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Norse, and etc worshipped were the sons of god, the angels who fell, “In those days, and for some time after, giant Nephilites lived on the earth, for whenever the sons of God had intercourse with women, they gave birth to children who became the heroes and famous warriors of ancient times.” (Genesis 6:4-6). In fact, those fallen angels are still at work and seek worship, “Then there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and his angels. And the dragon lost the battle, and he and his angels were forced out of heaven. This great dragon—the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world—was thrown down to the earth with all his angels,” (Revelation 12:7-9), and One day Satan and His angels will be judged, “Then he will also say to those on the left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels,” (Matthew 25:41), and “And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” (Revelation 20:10). 

Until Jesus returns and destroy Satan and his angels (Revelation 19:11-16, Revelation 20:4-15), those fallen ones seek to lead people into worshipping them. They do it to unbelievers though New Age, Yoga, the Old paganisms. I know a man who left the Catholic Church to become a Thor Worshipper (Oiden and pantheon). 

The other way the fallen get people involved in the church is Exorcism which in Greek doesn’t mean casts out demons like Jesus did, but means to conjure and our demons in people. These exorcists arnt doing deliverance like Jesus did, they make people obsessed with demons under every bush. 

I like Chip Ingram’s advice, “be aware, but not preoccupied. Be aware there is an invisible war, but don’t become preoccupied with it, looking for demons under every bush.” (The Invisible War, Chip Ingram). 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Bob?  Really?  ?

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,675
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Actually the gods that the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Norse, and etc worshipped were the sons of god, the angels who fell, “In those days, and for some time after, giant Nephilites lived on the earth, for whenever the sons of God had intercourse with women, they gave birth to children who became the heroes and famous warriors of ancient times.” (Genesis 6:4-6). In fact, those fallen angels are still at work and seek worship, “Then there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and his angels. And the dragon lost the battle, and he and his angels were forced out of heaven. This great dragon—the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world—was thrown down to the earth with all his angels,” (Revelation 12:7-9), and One day Satan and His angels will be judged, “Then he will also say to those on the left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels,” (Matthew 25:41), and “And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” (Revelation 20:10). 

Until Jesus returns and destroy Satan and his angels (Revelation 19:11-16, Revelation 20:4-15), those fallen ones seek to lead people into worshipping them. They do it to unbelievers though New Age, Yoga, the Old paganisms. I know a man who left the Catholic Church to become a Thor Worshipper (Oiden and pantheon). 

The other way the fallen get people involved in the church is Exorcism which in Greek doesn’t mean casts out demons like Jesus did, but means to conjure and our demons in people. These exorcists arnt doing deliverance like Jesus did, they make people obsessed with demons under every bush. 

I like Chip Ingram’s advice, “be aware, but not preoccupied. Be aware there is an invisible war, but don’t become preoccupied with it, looking for demons under every bush.” (The Invisible War, Chip Ingram). 

They were false gods, entirely made up in their heads and are no longer worshipped by anyone in todays age. You are assigning them waaay to much power. There has always only been one God and no others.

So, like i said i see absolutely no reason to change the name of the planets.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,420
  • Content Per Day:  5.74
  • Days Won:  157
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

1 hour ago, Sojourner414 said:

Well, I have my pwn names for the planets:

Mercury- Crispy

Venus- Lola

Earth- Big Blue Marble

Mars- Rusty

Asteroid Belt- Cocoa Puffs

Jupiter- Bob

Saturn- Frisbee

Uranus- Spearmint

Neptune- Wintergreen

Pluto- Junior

Nibiru/Planet X-Sir Not Appearing In This Solar System.

:D

Everything about stars, planets and space in general has always fascinating. I like star gazing and 

Anyway. Here is my first attempt:

Mercury - Andre

Venus - Thandi

Earth - Iain

Mars - Sipho

Jupiter - Nelson

Saturn - Michael 

Uranus  - Zuma

Neptune - Marinus

Pluto - Klein Jannie

That's the best I can do for now

Mercury: Mordecai 

Venus: Veronica 

Earth: Enoch 

Mars: Moab 

Jupiter: Joshua

Uranus: Uriah 

Neptune: Nathaniel

Pluto: Potiphar 

17 minutes ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

They were false gods, entirely made up in their heads and are no longer worshipped by anyone in todays age. You are assigning them waaay to much power. There has always only been one God and no others.

So, like i said i see absolutely no reason to change the name of the planets.

False gods based on real fallen angels. The Lord said in OT don’t even say the names of other gods, “"Pay close attention to all my instructions. You must not call on the name of any other gods. Do not even speak their names.” (Exodus 23:13). And yet the names of other gods are the planets. 

Besides this thread is being taken too seriously. I said to make suggestions of what God might call them. We do not know what God calls them, but we can try some possibilities. 

• Thumbs Up 1