IGNORED

How To Bring Back Christian Sexual Morality In Society?

AspiringChristian

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

28 minutes ago, AspiringChristian said:

I agree that Christ is the ultimate solution to the problem, but going from not accepting Christ, to accepting Christ is a process. It is not a on-off switch. Apologetics exists because we think it is possible to bring others to the faith. So this is definitely important - we are called to care for the state of our fellow human beings. And, on top of that, we also live in society. Whether we like it or not, we are affected by society, so it's only sensible that we should care about its state.

So accepting Christian sexual morality is part of the path of coming to Christ. Many people are kept away from Christ because they are ignorant of the dangers of sexual immorality.

I also agree truly believing in the Lord is the solution.  However, you might, especially when dealing with young people, mention the many STDs brought on by a promiscuous lifestyle.   You might also mention this fact: Due to promiscuity, when you sleep with one person it is like you slept with 10 people...because those people have had so many partners.  So, of course, this raises the chance of STDs.

After the above, you might bring in how God says sexual sin is a sin against our own bodies.   And then explain how keeping sex within marriage actually protects us.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Debp said:

However, you might, especially when dealing with young people, mention the many STDs brought on by a promiscuous lifestyle.   You might also mention this fact: Due to promiscuity, when you sleep with one person it is like you slept with 10 people...because those people have had so many partners.  So, of course, this raises the chance of STDs.

Yes, I agree, this is a great point!

After the above, you might bring in how God says sexual sin is a sin against our own bodies.   And then explain how keeping sex within marriage actually protects us.

Do you believe that sexual morality is part of natural morality, accessible in principle to our reason, or that it must be revealed by God, the way, for example, the Trinity must be revealed by God for us to know about it?

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

8 minutes ago, AspiringChristian said:

Yes, I agree, this is a great point!

Do you believe that sexual morality is part of natural morality, accessible in principle to our reason, or that it must be revealed by God, the way, for example, the Trinity must be revealed by God for us to know about it?

Well, I just think the society got brainwashed starting in the late 1960s when the Free Sex movement began.  Before that time, there was real shame about sex outside of marriage and you hardly ever heard of a divorce.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

17 minutes ago, AspiringChristian said:

Well, I just think the society got brainwashed starting in the late 1960s when the Free Sex movement began.  Before that time, there was real shame about sex outside of marriage and you hardly ever heard of a divorce.

Yes, I agree that the change started to happen in the 1960s, starting with the USA and then spreading into other parts of the world, including Europe. So it seems that the Enemy has turned the weapon of peer pressure to his advantage as I have said in the OP. Instead of feeling shame at engaging in sexually immoral activities, society attempts to make one feel shame for NOT engaging in them today. So I think it's quite clear that a long-term goal for us Christians should be to change this once again. Peer pressure is a social barrier, a barrier which can allow freedom to actually be maximised. Consider the perfect playground. The perfect playground is so designed such that whatever the child does, he or she cannot get harmed. The boundaries that are incorporated in the creation of the playground actually ensure that the child's freedom to play, even without supervision, is maximum.

So if society has been brainwashed, then I think that we ought to do something to attempt to revert this effect - it is part of our duty to help our fellow men and women.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,420
  • Content Per Day:  5.74
  • Days Won:  157
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

Firstly, I think we should honest and admit that sexual immorality has always been there but that it was very much swept under the carpet. There has never been  a "good old days." It's just that now it gets more media attention and gets flaunted. And  it is a direct result of the "let's not talk about it and maybe it will go away" mentality of the past.

that beings said...

I have been caught up in sexual immorality in the past (and it was a tremendous struggle to get out of it, but thank God, He saved me from that at last). And unfortunately the problem was not the tv or the phone or any other media that I saw, the problem was my heart. I did thousands of courses and 10-step plans and tried my best to be careful about what I see, but it did not help me. , but in the end it only really changed when I realised that my phone, the tv and the society was not  the problem, I was. I had to change. You can try hanging apples on  pear tree. It will still be an pear tree. My very nature had to change and that is something only God could do

I do think  it is far better that the youth hear the truth and that they hear it from us. They need to be able to discuss sexuality honestly and without shame in a safe environment so that they know  what to expect and that they know what their options are (as well as the consequences those choices might have). We can't make choices for other people,  but I think if the correct information is presented in a way that they will understand it, they have a better chance of making the right ones. I, as a social worker, have worked with youth in the past and have taught life skills classes. And  I can truly say that this works. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

Do you believe in prophecy as outlined in the bible.   Then you have to judge or see if events and lifestyles today fit any of the the prophetic messages as to our moral condition.  If you don't believe that the prophetic events are not for today, then definitely blame the increase on social media, as the explosion of it has definitely cause the spread of videos and communication, be it live or stored and images affect the lust of the eyes, which is a difficult beast to control.    

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

22 hours ago, AspiringChristian said:

So my question is what can we do to bring back sexual morality in society? What can we do to convince others? How should we deal with seeing sexual immorality around ourselves? How can we go about building Christian communities in the midsts of immorality?

Sexual conduct is just a by product  of something else

Guest shiloh357

How To Bring Back Christian Sexual Morality In Society?

The first thing we need to do is bring sexual morality back to the Church, as there are many in the Church today who don't think that pre-marital sex and homosexuality are sins.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all,

interesting subject.

May I add that  as I see it no man saves another. God saves, not any man, no man is saved by another. None the less it is the duty of all saints to share of the good news so that many may be presentd as mature in the Lord.  It is the Holy Spirit  that calls individuals to turn about and repent. All the sins  sexual and otherwise are reason to be turning to God and away from rebellion against God.

I tend to think sexual sin is far older than the 1960's far far older. Perhaps it was even more prevalent than today. Sodom seems to have been a pretty wild place in a wild time of discord.  I do think that today  hardly a child past kindergarten age  does not know of sexual transmitted diseases. None of that "education" is going to stop sexual contact, none.

The saints have to take what is there when sharing of Jesus with the unsaved world, doing so with  love  of Jesus  as motivater rather than hatred of a person in sin for their having sin. Their sin is theirs to come to hate, and for God to wash away making them washed white as snow.

The saints I think are  more productive when  sharing of light first and not standing condemning the darkness. Just my own thought.

It is easier to attract even flies with honey that it is with vinegar, and perhaps far more productive.  I do see that it is necessary  to show the problem of sin too, otherwise the solution is meaningless, but just railing against sin is likely to produce only rejection of the messenger.

Spent some time with an unwed mothers group volunteering, along with my wife some years back, and learned the "game" that is played at the USA. All the shaming is a waste of time. The sinner sees no shame in their sin. They see a government system that actually rewards them, an educational system that actually ends ups encouraging them to have sex and be safe at it. But safety for many of them is to get more government money for more children and so generations make sure their girls have their first child by age 15, before they start to lose monetary benefit from government for the now maturing child they already get money for having. Seems to me it is hard to beat that  with a haranguing of the receipients of the money benefits. Instead,  meet them where they are, show them there is God, show them there is Jesus, and show them some agape love and how it is different from sex.

Pray for the Holy Spirit to call each one specifically to their repentance. Then they can be educated  as to forgiveness and to better behavior going forward to behaviors that will enrich their spirit and soul.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

On 8/12/2018 at 9:25 AM, AspiringChristian said:

I think one big weapon that secular society uses to enforce sexual promiscuity is peer pressure. By using peer pressure, and having society approve of things such as homosexuality and promiscuity, they make them popular

Also there is the fact that governments are sanctioning the perverted things and passing laws to enforce those who does not want to be participants. Yes, the Leader of the free world who are supposed to set world standards have abandoned the biblical standards that they had enshrined for years to the pagan ways.  These things are prophesied as in Romans 1.   

On 8/12/2018 at 9:25 AM, AspiringChristian said:

Also, the other big thing to notice is that the biggest sins that come through sexual immorality aren't sexual sins at all. For example, as I mentioned before, many promiscuous people do it not because they enjoy it, but rather because they enjoy the status that others give them for it. So it's really their pride driving them to do it, not their desire for pleasure.

It is actually both.  Pleasure and pride are attributed to this gift that God has given for procreation and within the marriage bed.   There is a bigger picture that is invisible to the eye and it is spiritual in nature.  Satan would tempt, seduce and hatch many plans to entice the believer to leave the straight and narrow pathway and to follow the way of the world.  I don't know of others, but spiritual warfare is part of my walk in maintaining the pathway of the traps set by the enemy.  Believers MUST put on the full armor of God and be aware at all times or this world would swallow him with all the allurements before his eyes.  

That said, your topic is most warranted and needs to be addressed at large, as even whole denominations are changing the way they see and accept what the bible clearly condemns.   There should be many more replies here to give pointers and some ways that especially the young growing up in a digital world with all the toys being introduced everyday.  In essence, we have become spoiled by the easy lifestyle and mechanization which has brought plenty of time on our hands.  The transistor and the quartz has revolutionized our world from an analog to digital in just about three decades.   Is there any going back, no.  The biblical standards has to be lived in the strictest  manner and that means the fear of God had to be always in our hearts, not as a slave master, but as our law giver and creator who has given them to keep us on the right pathways.  Very good topic and relevant for today.   

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 1