IGNORED

Mediums

I am always especially worried for those who either practice as mediums or who use their services. It is so dangerous and they do not realise it. 

I was in a bookshop recently, looking in the one shelf dedicated to Christian books. A man came and looked at just that shelf too. So i struck up a conversation as i do. Asked him if he is christian like me. Usually people are happy to chat. But he reacted defensively. Oh no he said, he was a practising medium. With an open mind to all religions but he didn't believe in the Bible as he was convinced it had been written to manipulate and deceive. He was on a journey to research the real truth. I did not say much except that i believe the Bible is true and that i am christian through my personal experience of the holy spirit in my heart. I could sense that this man was being controlled and blocked from God  by other forces. I kept otherwise quiet and let him talk then wished him well. I don't have the ability or strength to argue about his belief versus mine. All i know is his soul is in danger. I prayed for him. 

What can we do as christians to help people turn away from spiritualism - mediums, clairvoyance and suchlike? They who think they are in touch with the dead. I know as a christian that these are tricks of the devil. Never anything good. Always bad news. Yet so many are deluded and deceived so easily. 

After my husband died i was very tempted to try to contact him through a medium. I was deeply grieving. But as a new christian, luckily, i did not go ahead. I believe the holy spirit was warning me and i did listen. During my early grief stages i felt two or three times a horrible dark power trying to attack me in my sleep. But i called upon the name of Jesus Christ and it went away. I was fine. I was and am protected. I wish i could warn people how much danger their soul can be in when they dabble in spiritualism and things they do not understand. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

What can we do as christians to help people turn away from spiritualism - mediums, clairvoyance and suchlike? They who think they are in touch with the dead. I know as a christian that these are tricks of the devil. Never anything good. Always bad news. Yet so many are deluded and deceived so easily.

Hi Melinda12, I think you did really well in the way you responded to the medium. Push too hard and it may be "casting pearls before swine". The demons attached to mediums and spiritists maintain a conceited and proud presence in them so they will come on as superior to Christians and claim superior knowledge and powers.

You weren't literally asked to give a reason for your hope in Christ but in a sense the situation demanded it. Well done anyway, and stay ready...we all need to.

1Pe 3:15-16
(15)  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
(16)  Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I am always especially worried for those who either practice as mediums or who use their services. It is so dangerous and they do not realise it. 

I was in a bookshop recently, looking in the one shelf dedicated to Christian books. A man came and looked at just that shelf too. So i struck up a conversation as i do. Asked him if he is christian like me. Usually people are happy to chat. But he reacted defensively. Oh no he said, he was a practising medium. With an open mind to all religions but he didn't believe in the Bible as he was convinced it had been written to manipulate and deceive. He was on a journey to research the real truth. I did not say much except that i believe the Bible is true and that i am christian through my personal experience of the holy spirit in my heart. I could sense that this man was being controlled and blocked from God  by other forces. I kept otherwise quiet and let him talk then wished him well. I don't have the ability or strength to argue about his belief versus mine. All i know is his soul is in danger. I prayed for him. 

After my husband died i was very tempted to try to contact him through a medium. I was deeply grieving. But as a new christian, luckily, i did not go ahead. I believe the holy spirit was warning me and i did listen. During my early grief stages i felt two or three times a horrible dark power trying to attack me in my sleep. But i called upon the name of Jesus Christ and it went away. I was fine. I was and am protected. I wish i could warn people how much danger their soul can be in when they dabble in spiritualism and things they do not understand. 

I also think you reponded well to that man.   You responded as you were led; perhaps you planted seeds or watered some seeds that the Lord will bring to fruition later in the man's life.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone aware of the writings of Ellen Gould Harmon White? She has a chapter on spiritualism and it's dangers in her book 'The Great Controversy between Christ and Satan'. Very wise and scriptural advice. 

That man i met was in my view trying to find Christ. Looking at the one shelf of Christian books. But he is being blocked by the devil at every turn. Spiritualism is a tempting thing, deceiving him and using him to deceive others. Spreading the message that the bible and christ are lies. 

This is how Satan works. Our battle as Christians is not with flesh and blood but with the spirit world. As true followers of Christ we have the ability to see Through the deceptions of today's messages around us. Of loving self, indulging in the pleasures of this world. Totally opposite to truth. Which is that Jesus is Lord and we sinners. Satan has a hold on millions of souls. It is vital that when we tackle this, we must do it first by protecting ourselves with prayer. Only Jesus name works against Satan and his fallen angels. Only Jesus can protect us and restore and help people in Satan's traps. 

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/12/2018 at 10:48 PM, Melinda12 said:

What can we do as christians to help people turn away from spiritualism - mediums, clairvoyance and suchlike?

Expose it for what it is. It is evil designed for evil spirits to work more effectively in people lives.