• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Ponder this .   IF these places are true places with the soul intent of true worship to GOD .     THEN they should be places where all can go .

but no , these places shame the poor who have not .  this is all wrong .   And again check out who these places are connected too.

I just cant imagine JESUS setting a price tag and telling his own desicples lets worship here and the door is shut to the poor .  THIS IS ALL WRONG .   something is all wrong .

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

14 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I personally cant use the restroom that way. It just strikes me as disrespectful of the Lord. My personal view. 

Our ancestors Adam and Eve had no problem until they partook of Fruit of the knowledge of Good and Evil and decided nakedness was evil (Genesis 3:7). 

Besides dos not David dance almost naked before the Lord as he brought the Ark into Jerusalem?, “And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod, while he and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the LORD with shouts and the sound of trumpets. As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she despised him in her heart.” (2 Samuel 6:14-16). 

If David could dance in his underwear in public before the Lord, how is being on the toilet disrespectful? Did not God makes man and woman in His image (Genesis 1:27) and say it was very good? (Genesis 1:21). He even asked them, “"Who told you that you were naked?" the LORD God asked. "Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat?" (Genesis 3:11). 

How can it disrespect God to be in private on the toilet talking to Him? He made all that we are (John 1:3, Colossians 1:16-20). 

Granted we have norms for decency in public (clothes), but the bathroom is private and you have to be there anyway. Why not take time that we must spend 1/3 of our life doing and talk to the Lord? 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

However, I do find it a concerning that to pay and stay at a Catholic retreat you are supporting a church that doesn’t teach the true Gospel (Galatians 1:8-9, 2 Corinthians 11:2-15). So it depends if you can live with supporting the RCC, and consequently make the RCC stronger.

Had to let that get said one more time .  the next time we think we need to go to these places or places prosperity preachers or emergent leaders have set up

MAY EVERY SINGLE ONE remember that .   YOU helping SUPPORT those who teach false things .    I hope that sinks so deep into our conscious

we cant eat or sleep till we KNOW full well, to not even think about visiting these places . 

Not only that,  but consider this ,      Would paul or Christ himself have made places ,  WHERE ONLY the richer could visit and the poor could not .   JESUS shut that down

at the temple .    Yall my advice is we stay clear of these places and just go commune in nature .    We don't want to ever aide them .   and we also do not want

the meditation types that many of these places do .    My advice is research the place and see where it has ties too.    and research its meditations as well.

if the meditations are wrong or it has any connection to false teachers , FLEE .   and also if its a place where the poor cannot gather , FLEE , its all wrong .

Your post is redundant my friend. I already said that concern in the post you quoted. 

7 hours ago, Debp said:

I was just giving the Catholic retreats as an example.   It would be nice if some Christian retreats would stress the importance of solitude more, I think.  Or maybe that's just my way of thinking.   If I went somewhere and everything was crowded with people or filled with seminars, I don't think I'd enjoy it as much....as simply having quiet, alone time with God in nature.

Oh I know you used them as an example. I merely said there are two ways of thinking regarding going to Catholic retreat: a) the nature and solitude is made by God so that trumps RCC’s claim or b) Because it’s supports the RCC it may bother people because of you pay to stay, it does fund the RCC. Each must decide which is right in their own conviction (Roman 14:23)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

It costs money to many things ,   but when the idea is to make a profit off something its become the wrong idea .

I rest my case...........................default_cool2.gif.fdbbe5e046fb031132fe3dbf5fe84ecd.gif

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Just a question to those who get riled up at the idea of anyone making money on a retreat center. Do you get upset at the publishers of bibles too? After all they are just trying to make money when they publish the books. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Our ancestors Adam and Eve had no problem until they partook of Fruit of the knowledge of Good and Evil and decided nakedness was evil (Genesis 3:7). 

Besides dos not David dance almost naked before the Lord as he brought the Ark into Jerusalem?, “And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod, while he and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the LORD with shouts and the sound of trumpets. As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she despised him in her heart.” (2 Samuel 6:14-16). 

If David could dance in his underwear in public before the Lord, how is being on the toilet disrespectful? Did not God makes man and woman in His image (Genesis 1:27) and day it was very good? (Genesis 1:21). He even asked them, “"Who told you that you were naked?" the LORD God asked. "Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat?" (Genesis 3:11). 

How can it disrespect God to be in private on the toilet talking to Him? He made all that we are (John 1:3, Colossians 1:16-20). 

Granted we have norms for decency in public (clothes), but the bathroom is private and you have to be there anyway. Why not take time that we must spend 1/3 of our life doing and talk to the Lord? 

If you noticed in my post, I said for me personally. I never laid it on anyone else as a guilt trip or mandate that they cant do it. 

In a later post you said

Each must decide which is right in their own conviction (Roman 14:23)

That applies here too. So please dont try to convince me to do something that I know for me is not right.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

In our case, we bought a retreat and left Seattle once and for all seven years ago. 

Well, we call it a retreat. Our nearest neighbor is 500 yards away. :)

• Haha 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Debp said:

I was just giving the Catholic retreats as an example.   It would be nice if some Christian retreats would stress the importance of solitude more, I think.  Or maybe that's just my way of thinking.   If I went somewhere and everything was crowded with people or filled with seminars, I don't think I'd enjoy it as much....as simply having quiet, alone time with God in nature.

That's me too.  I like quiet places outdoors.   I simply cannot handle crowds or hustle and bustle.

Our new house has a small covered front entryway on a quiet street with most of the view being trees, we have hummingbirds, woodpeckers, many other birds and plenty of squirrels and rabbits.  The first thing we bought was a couple of comfy chairs for out there.  I finally have a room for an office with windows on two sides that is mostly a view of greenery (the houses are not too distracting).  :)  It's going to be a great place to do writing and thinking.

I ran across a book a number of years ago that gave some interesting insights about difference preferences Christians have called Sacred Pathways by Gary Thomas.  (As an aside, I've noted a few people who didn't read the book or know anything about the author *inaccurately* alleged he was teaching other ways to God than through Jesus and *incorrectly* alleged it was about adopting new ages practices.)   He had some interesting insights about 9 characteristics that describe differences among Christians in what they prefer in worship or serving God.  One of those characteristics was that some people more easily find themselves in God's presence when they are away from the manmade world and out in nature.  However, some Christians do not find nature peaceful but annoying with insects and distracting with everything that is rustling and moving around them.  Another is that some people are more comfortable with traditional things such as old hymns and prefer the familiar.  Some Christians find meaning in communication through arts such as music, paintings, and poetry.  Some Christians find it easier to serve God with a very simple life.  Some Christians find deep meaning in sacraments such as baptism and communion (wherein communion Sunday is a very special time of remembrance and prayer for them) and holidays such as Good Friday and Easter whereas for others it is just a variation from the routine.   I ran across this book a long time ago and it did open my eyes about being much less judgmental about Christians that had different preferences for things than I did.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

That's me too.  I like quiet places outdoors.   I simply cannot handle crowds or hustle and bustle.

Our new house has a small covered front entryway on a quiet street with most of the view being trees, we have hummingbirds, woodpeckers, many other birds and plenty of squirrels and rabbits.  The first thing we bought was a couple of comfy chairs for out there.  I finally have a room for an office with windows on two sides that is mostly a view of greenery (the houses are not too distracting).  :)  It's going to be a great place to do writing and thinking.

My wife and I LOVE "porch sitting". The way you described that sounds awesome!

• Thumbs Up 2