• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

This whole situation is the very definition of "a train wreck waiting to happen." Lord help any kids who come from this very shaky union.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/13/2018 at 5:52 PM, grace222 said:

She told me he has a mental illness but she wants him to come off the medication. She works full time and has a good job.Maybe she wants to take care of him but that is not a good reason for marrying. I agree. She is impulsive. In June 2018 she was wanting to be friends with my brother on Facebook and thought he would be suitable to marry. She will marry anyone it seems.

Scary

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

So what was the question again?  Oh yes- 

"What do you think?  God hates divorce but his wife did abandon him.  But should they be dating while he is still legally married?"

So it is not a about making a judgement call as to whether either is particularly bright, it is a question of God's will for those that marry. Is that correct?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Seems to me that answer will not change whether the man takes his meds or not. 

Maybe the answer for "others" with opinions is to consider God's advice regarding hard drink and the desperate*.-  Leave them be.

Like the alcohol, it may not be for kings, but let the desperate and bitter soul(s) be, let them forget in their wine-( or marriage)

*From Proverbs 31

And then there is the case of the older man that messaged on a Christian Website decided to marry a woman  also on it without ever having so much as a picture of his intended, flew to meet at the River Walk in San Antonio, visited the Alamo, rode a horse carriage with her and married the gal that would have him.

Was that a nut or what!

Oh wait, that is me and the story of my Sweet Texas Peach, my bride.

Wonder how many people outside of the two of us thought that was going to work well-

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/13/2018 at 3:27 AM, grace222 said:

I am concerned for a friend who started dating a man late July 2018. She did know of him in the church but didn't really know him. They went on one date. She messaged him on FB to ask him out for a date.  They went on the date and the next day she contacted him. He was very hazy about the date as he takes medication for a mental illness. I encouraged her to take things slow, but in a few days, she phoned me to tell me they were getting married. I was stunned?? 

Both are christians but he is still legally married and filing for divorce now after his wife left him 12 months ago. Apparently, he discovered she married him for VISA only.

He appears quite vunerable.  My friend just wants to be married.    Now they are organising a marriage on 1 December but he only just filing for divorce now. He hasn't even completed the paper work.

She told me only family are invited to wedding. It's her 3rd wedding at age 42, her first marriage was at age 17 to a 50 year old man with her parents consent.

I am finding it hard to be happy for her but another christian friend said, we should be happy for her as the man she is marrying is lovely.

What do you think?  God hates divorce but his wife did abandon him.  But should they be dating while he is still legally married?

My wife of 20 years kicked me out in spring of 1997. While the divorce was pending that summer I went to my high school class reunion where I met one of the "girls" I knew in school but never dated. She also lived several states away and had flown in for the event. 

We dated via phone calls ($3,500 worth) and approximately 850 emails along with early snail mail. I flew to her state to visit her for a few days and she flew back to Seattle to visit me, where I proposed to her at the end of the same summer. My divorce was final in early 1998 and we were married in June of 1998. 

We've been in absolute marital bliss ever since. I honestly never knew it could be this good. And yes, we are both Christians, stronger than ever. 

I used to ask people, "what do you do when your ship really does come in when every ship looks like your ship comes in?" The answer is simple - Trust the Lord.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for yourr reply but was your Marriage worth fighting for? What were the biblical grounds for divorce?  I would think your marriage is worth fighting for.

I've been standing nearly 3year for mine. God bless!

She has broken up with him three times and she gets angry with him.They cancelled the wedding for now.