turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Does anyone know of any reputable, biblically sound Messianic teachers online? I have heard of Izzy Avraham and Greg Hershberg. If you are familiar with either of them, could you please comment? Otherwise, anyone else you might recommend? I appreciate your help. :)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Beware, there are two kinds of Messianics. One group of Messianics  believes in the Gospel iof Grace and that the Lord Jesus is God, is the only way to heaven, and in Him is eternal life. The Pseudo-Messianics on the other hand want you to go back to the Law:

For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace” (Galatians 5:4),

Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed,”(Galatians 1:8-9),

“By speaking of a new covenant, He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear,” (Hebrews 8:13), 

Now, however, Jesus has received a much more excellent ministry, just as the covenant He mediates is better and is founded on better promises,” (Hebrews 8:6),

I hope you will put up with a little more of my foolishness. Please bear with me.For I am jealous for you with the jealousy of God himself. I promised you as a pure bride[a] to one husband—Christ. But I fear that somehow your pure and undivided devotion to Christ will be corrupted, just as Eve was deceived by the cunning ways of the serpent. You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed. 13 These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve.” (1 Corinthians 11:1-4, 14-15)

and are like the dissenters at the Council of Jerusalem, “While Paul and Barnabas were at Antioch of Syria, some men from Judea arrived and began to teach the believers[a]: “Unless you are circumcised as required by the law of Moses, you cannot be saved.”Paul and Barnabas disagreed with them, arguing vehemently. Finally, the church decided to send Paul and Barnabas to Jerusalem, accompanied by some local believers, to talk to the apostles and elders about this question. The church sent the delegates to Jerusalem, and they stopped along the way in Phoenicia and Samaria to visit the believers. They told them—much to everyone’s joy—that the Gentiles, too, were being converted.When they arrived in Jerusalem, Barnabas and Paul were welcomed by the whole church, including the apostles and elders. They reported everything God had done through them. But then some of the believers who belonged to the sect of the Pharisees stood up and insisted, “The Gentile converts must be circumcised and required to follow the law of Moses.”So the apostles and elders met together to resolve this issue. At the meeting, after a long discussion, Peter stood and addressed them as follows: “Brothers, you all know that God chose me from among you some time ago to preach to the Gentiles so that they could hear the Good News and believe. God knows people’s hearts, and he confirmed that he accepts Gentiles by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as he did to us. He made no distinction between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts through faith. 10 So why are you now challenging God by burdening the Gentile believers[b] with a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors were able to bear? 11 We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” (Acts 5:1-11). 

There are pseudo-Messianics who like those who attacked the Apostle Paul, want to rob people of eternal life through Jesus Christ and make them slaves to the Law again. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not very learned on the subject.

But I've noticed some dangers that Fidei Defensor mentioned, with some of those thinkers.

Just wanted to add my concern as well.

Hope you will get the best out of your research, by focusing on what Jesus talked most about, and not be mislead in pointless discussion on things Jesus didn't even mention, or even fought against.

God bless you!

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,464
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,762
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

4 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Does anyone know of any reputable, biblically sound Messianic teachers online? I have heard of Izzy Avraham and Greg Hershberg. If you are familiar with either of them, could you please comment? Otherwise, anyone else you might recommend? I appreciate your help. :)

I know Greg Hershberg in the Atlanta area -- I've never heard him speak but several of his congregants are Worthy Brief readers and their worship leader is coming on tour with us in Israel this August.

Honestly, I'm not sure who has their messages online.  You can probably grab Beth Israel in Jersey -- Jonathan Cahn and he's solid.

God bless,

George

Go

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Sure the Zola Levitt Ministries, past present and hopeful future! With the archives of Zola Levitt his teaching his letters his tv videos and interviews with many excellent teachers. Plus the staff there over the years including Todd Baker, and chief staff theologian Jeffrey Seif, and others of record in the archives some still there. Might look up their writings.

Plus as a night owl you might very well enjoy PBN radio online and by way of other broadcastings Iheart ,Hulu, live stream, and such,.  As a start please peek in for a listen at https://www.pbnradio.com. Great music choices and pretty fine sharing and teaching.

The owners/operators/ hosts, were on Zola's staff at Texas. They moved to Asheboro, North Carolina to start the internet radio ministry. They have three major segments of ministry including select broadcasts of Zola presents, Plus music till dawn, and another segment with Christian dramas.  Pat Rutherford's  wife was the secretary that arranged for Zola to meet and speak with us at the Christian school's open house Jerusalem Market  and at the local body of Christ that I am privileged to have been led for my own corporate worship and assembly. I did get to know her by phone pretty well as it took the better part of a year  to get everything worked out. She was quite ill with back pain at the time, suffered pretty severely with it. Yet she did diligently work out a schedule that allowed Zola to come here. It was really such a grand time, his coming here for us. how she and her husband worked through all that  and established theradio  ministry took so much God led determination!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

David Sumner