Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Emotions help us express what is in our God created oul. However, while they have the capacity to connect us to God, others and even our own self they can become unbridled and dangerous. Anger which is not sin but can become sin (Ephensians 4:6) if not kept in check becomes wrath that is demonic rather than righteous indignation.

Emotions come from God The Trinity Crestor (Genesis 1:27): 

Sorrow and Regret:

The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.” (Genesis 6:6) 

“Jesus wept.” (John 11:35)

Anger and Wrath:

Even at Horeb you provoked the LORD to wrath, and the LORD was so angry with you that He would have destroyed you,” (Deuteronomy 9:8) 

When Jesus saw her weeping and saw the other people wailing with her, a deep anger welled up within him,[f] and he was deeply troubled.“ (John 11:33) 

Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and cattle, scattered the money changers' coins over the floor, and turned over their tables. And to those selling doves He said, "Take these things from here! Do not make My Father's house a house of trade." His disciples remembered that it is written: "Zeal for your house will consume me." (John 2:14-17) 

Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named Faithful and True, for he judges fairly and wages a righteous war. 12 His eyes were like flames of fire, and on his head were many crowns. A name was written on him that no one understood except himself.13 He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. 15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress. 16 On his robe at his thigh was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords.” (Revelation 19:11-16) 

Compassion

And Jesus called His disciples to Him, and said, "I feel compassion for the people, because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat; and I do not want to send them away hungry, for they might faint on the way." (Matthew 15:32)

”Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him.” (Matthew 20:34) 

Love

“Now as to the love of the brethren, you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another;” (1 Thessalonians 4:9) 

“Anyone who does not love dos  not know God who is love.” (1 John 4:8) 

“For God so loved the world that Je gave His only begotten (not made) Son and whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. 11 More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.” (Romans 5:8-11)

Kindness and Mercy

but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.” (Jeremiah 9:24)

Fear: 

Disclaimer: Jesus did not sin when he felt fear but he suffered from it. 

And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. When he rose from prayer and went back to the disciples, he found them asleep, exhausted from sorrow.
.” (Luke 22:44-45) 

“Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me." Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” (Matthew 26:38-39). 

Jesus who is God and Man has to bedridden the programming in us to “want to stay alive: fight or flight.” He did this with help of Father and Holy Spirit whom He is One with (John 10:30, John 15:26, John 20:20-22). 

———————————

Emotions are hard to master. We cannot reject them because Hod has them (see above), He made us on His image and so we have them (Geneis 1:27), and they are benefits for connecting with God and people. You cannot love or be kind intellectuality alone it must have feeling and the heart. However, we don’t want to let emotions control us (the Cart control the horses) and so be without self control. On the other hand we do not want to become Vulcans like Spock (Star Trek) who suppress emotion. 

In Emmanuel we must find the balance between the extremes of volatile emotion and emotional suppression; between expressing and suppressing. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Emotions are hard to master. We cannot reject them because Hod has them .     oops I think Hod should be said as GOD .

Here is something real simple .  If we are led by emotions , senses , prepare to be DECIEVED .

IF we led of TRUTH ,   then we in the right place .

• Thumbs Up 1

How many times we heard ,  but it FEELS right , only to find out IT AINT RIGHT .

I seen folks getting goose bumpes and calling it the HOLY GHOST .    wanna know what was said .    a lady was telling another sister ,

GOD has big riches for you ,  I seen a big new house and truck in a vision for you .

RATHER ODD the HOLY GHOST would be leading us into the desire to be rich .    NOPE that is the flesh , and only the flesh .

we gotta test all things , and do it with SOUND BIBLCAL doctrine . 

• Oy Vey! 1

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Emotions are hard to master. We cannot reject them because Hod has them .     oops I think Hod should be said as GOD .

Here is something real simple .  If we are led by emotions , senses , prepare to be DECIEVED .

IF we led of TRUTH ,   then we in the right place .

The Truth who is Jesus Christ (John 14:6, John 1:17, Revelation 19:11) has emotions: 

“Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him.” (Matthew 20:34) 

“When Jesus saw her weeping and saw the other people wailing with her, a deep anger welled up within him, and he was deeply troubled.“ (John 11:33) 

Jesus wept.” (John 11:35)

To reject emotion is to reject God Incarnate (John 1:1-17, Colossians 2:9, Titus 2:13, 1 John 4:1-3, 2 Peter 1:1), and the fact He made us in His image which includes emotion (Genesis 1:27)

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Loved it! 1

11 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The Truth who is Jesus Christ (John 14:6, John 1:17, Revelation 19:11) has emotions: 

“Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him.” (Matthew 20:34) 

“When Jesus saw her weeping and saw the other people wailing with her, a deep anger welled up within him, and he was deeply troubled.“ (John 11:33) 

To reject emotion is to reject God Incarnate (John 1:1-17, Colossians 2:9, Titus 2:13, 1 John 4:1-3, 2 Peter 1:1), and the fact He made us in His image which includes emotion (Genesis 1:27)

We all got emotions .  

13 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

How many times we heard ,  but it FEELS right , only to find out IT AINT RIGHT .

I seen folks getting goose bumpes and calling it the HOLY GHOST .    wanna know what was said .    a lady was telling another sister ,

GOD has big riches for you ,  I seen a big new house and truck in a vision for you .

RATHER ODD the HOLY GHOST would be leading us into the desire to be rich .    NOPE that is the flesh , and only the flesh .

we gotta test all things , and do it with SOUND BIBLCAL doctrine.

Now how bout a response for THIS said above statement . 

• Oy Vey! 1

we gotta test all things , and do it with SOUND BIBLCAL doctrine.

Now how bout a response for THIS said above statement . 

I spent post one explaining the problem of balance, of not giving into bad forms of emotion and yet not purging emotions altogether. 

Let me post it again then: 

“Emotions help us express what is in our God created soul. However, while they have the capacity to connect us to God, others, and even our own self they can become unbridled and dangerous. Anger which is not sin but can become sin (Ephensians 4:6) if not kept in check becomes wrath that is demonic rather than righteous indignation.” (Fidei Defensor, Post One) 

“Emotions are hard to master. We cannot reject them because Hod has them (see above), He made us on His image and so we have them (Genesis 1:27), and they are benefits for connecting with God and people. You cannot love or be kind intellectuality alone it must have feeling and the heart. However, we don’t want to let emotions control us (the Cart control the horses) and so be without self control. On the other hand we do not want to become Vulcans like Spock (Star Trek) who suppress emotion. In Emmanuel we must find the balance between the extremes of volatile emotion and emotional suppression; between expressing and suppressing.” (Fidei Defensor, Post One)

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

I edit

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I'd say that's where beating your child with a rod plays a big part .. Proverbs 23:13-14 .. I love my emotions and not ashamed, I beat my sons to teach them how to act and obey

We all got emotions .  

Indeed and they come from God Our Crestor. The Holy Trinity uses emotions without sin. Our problem is our emotions can either be in harmony with God’s in that they come out in productive not destructive way: example, you can get angry and destroy or you can use that feeling to develop, to make things right in a non-violent and godly way, “Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:” (Ephesians 4:26) 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1