• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

A little more emotion would be most wondrous. Well except maybe just excessively putting  on a show of raising hands up to praise God. :huh::D

• Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

A little more emotion would be most wondrous. Well except maybe just excessively putting  on a show of raising hands up to praise God. :huh::D

Haha, ?

I would add Holy laughter and Slain in the Spirit to the excesses that are outside the bounds of the Fruit of the Spirit, especially self control. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The Truth who is Jesus Christ (John 14:6, John 1:17, Revelation 19:11) has emotions: 

“Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him.” (Matthew 20:34) 

“When Jesus saw her weeping and saw the other people wailing with her, a deep anger welled up within him, and he was deeply troubled.“ (John 11:33) 

Jesus wept.” (John 11:35)

To reject emotion is to reject God Incarnate (John 1:1-17, Colossians 2:9, Titus 2:13, 1 John 4:1-3, 2 Peter 1:1), and the fact He made us in His image which includes emotion (Genesis 1:27)

Emotions, along with our imaginations, as well as all of our being, need to be sanctified......ie, put under the rule of Jesus by His Spirit......a by-product of dying to ourselves and walking by His Spirit.

• Praise God! 1

6 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Emotions, along with our imaginations, as well as all of our being, need to be sanctified......ie, put under the rule of Jesus by His Spirit......a by-product of dying to ourselves and walking by His Spirit.

That sounds little too much like the Dovotio Moderna Movement and it’s chief work: The Imitation of Christ by Thomas Kempis to me.

We have already died, “My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me,” (Galatians 2:20, cross ref Romans 6, whole chapter), and been sanctified, “By that will, we are having been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” (Hebrews 10:10, cross ref Romans 5 whole chapter).

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

That sounds little too much like the Dovotio Moderna Movement and it’s chief work: The Imitation of Christ by Thomas Kempis to me.

We have already died, “My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me,” (Galatians 2:20, cross ref Romans 6, whole chapter), and been sanctified, “By that will, we are having been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” (Hebrews 10:10, cross ref Romans 5 whole chapter).

Yes we have already been crucified with Christ......by imputation......and now we begin a journey of apprehending it in fact, so to speak.  This is why Jesus said to deny ourselves and take up our cross daily, and walk by the Spirit.  What is a cross for?  It crucifies our flesh and fallen nature, to the glory of God.  It's also why He chastises who He loves as sons....because who has suffered in the body is done with sin.  We are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.  This is why the bible says, Blessed is the man whose heart is set on pilgrimage.  It is the narrow path that leads to life, and few find it.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Sister you right .     We need the Lord at all times .    In Him we joy in all thethings that are Of Him.    In Him we learn and have new hearts , where the affections are set above .

The hopes set above on Him .    Pick up the cross and die daily .   For if we are truly HIS ,   HE is at work within his own , doing that which is well pleasing in HIS SIGHT.

and as paul once said , our weapons are spiritual and mighty , casting down all imaginations contrary to HIM .   He is in us , setting our emotions ON HIM .

We sure did not do that ourselves ,   the old man had its affections , emotions on the things OF this world ,.   OH but the LORD does indeed give a new heart .

• Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

in our God created oul.

Thanks for the typo, least I think oul to be a typo. Spouse and I ended up in a bit of laughter coming up with thoughts on what what an oul is. Our emotions became joy in laughter. She readily figured it must be soul. I took longer as I looked at the qwerty keyboard and figured maybe it was world and  a couple of letters were missing. Anyway from there we just went "oul" "ohhh"  and so on phonetically till we found ourselves chuckling for no good reason except having a good time.

I do find the range of good emotion to be from sorrow to ecstatic joy, as all can be and are reaction to God's word.

I know the emotion of praying and finding one praying in an unknown language, I know the deep feeling of physical pressure changing in the presence of the Holy Spirit whipping as individuals hear The Spirit and do come to acknowledge they are being turned about from  sin against God to service in Jesus' name.

And surprising to me, I do appreciate and even love the idea of one  Bro. Claude Elly going from small community to small community through Tennessee area setting up tent revivals and singing to the Lord! In those revivals people becoming very emotional in their combinations of repentance and in joy highest joy in awareness of the Holy spirit and Jesus. The vaste difference of interpretation of Claude's song  "Ain't No Grave" between him and Johnny Cash are great examples of emotion, it changes and projects very differntly under the very same cause.

see: Claude Elly ain't no Grave on You Tube and then Johnny Cash Ain't No Grave. All seem Godly and of God, to me.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

oh this topic always makes me cry :20: 

• This is Worthy 1

I've mostly been calm in the face of adrenalin inducing situations.  All that changed when I came down with epilepsy.  There's no cure, only treatment.  I am taking one of the mildest, with the least side effects.  From WebMD:

Keppra Side Effects by Likelihood and Severity

COMMON side effects

If experienced, these tend to have a Severe expression

• Infection

If experienced, these tend to have a Less Severe expression

• Dizzy
  • Drowsiness
  • Easily Angered Or Annoyed
  • Feeling Weak
  • Head Pain
  • Increased Eosinophils In The Blood
  • Loss Of Appetite
  • Low Energy
  • Stuffy Nose
  • Throat Irritation

INFREQUENT side effects

• Feeling Anger Toward Something

• Aggressive Behavior
  • Anemia
  • Chronic Trouble Sleeping
  • Cough
  • Depression
  • Diarrhea
  • Double Vision
  • Feeling Agitated
  • Feeling Anxious
  • Hemorrhage Of Blood Under The Skin
  • High Blood Pressure
  • Hyperactive Behavior
  • Increased Lymphocyte Cells In The Blood
  • Indifferent Behavior
  • Inflammation Of The Nose
  • Loss Of Memory
  • Loss Of One's Own Sense Of Reality Or Identity
  • Mood Changes
  • Neck Pain
  • Nervous
  • Numbness And Tingling
  • Pain
  • Sensation Of Spinning Or Whirling
  • Sinus Irritation And Congestion
  • Throwing Up

RARE side effects

• Abnormal Liver Function Tests
  • Acquired Decrease Of All Cells In The Blood
  • Acute Inflammation Of The Pancreas
  • Acute Kidneyl Failure
  • Acute Liver Failure
  • Decreased Blood Platelets
  • Decreased Neutrophils A Type Of White Blood Cell
  • Decreased White Blood Cells
  • Deficiency Of Granulocytes A Type Of White Blood Cell
  • DRESS Syndrome
  • Erythema Multiforme
  • Giant Hives
  • Hallucination
  • Having Thoughts Of Suicide
  • Hepatitis
  • Irregular Involuntary Spasms Of Limbs Or Facial Muscles
  • Kidney Inflammation
  • Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
  • Low Amount Of Sodium In The Blood
  • Panic Disorder
  • Psychosis Caused By A Drug
  • Rash
  • Rhabdomyolysis
  • Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
  • Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis

• Blurred Vision
  • Constipation
  • Disorder Involving Personality Changes
  • Disturbance Of Attention
  • Dyskinesia
  • Eczema
  • Flu-Like Symptoms
  • Hair Loss
  • Inflammation Of The Lining Of The Stomach And Intestines
  • Itching
  • Muscle Pain
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Problem Behavior
  • Uncoordinated
  • Weight Loss
  • I will be taking this med the rest of my life.  This is probably the best medicine for epilepsy.  The others have more severe side effects.  A friend from High School recently died having a form of epilepsy.  I don't know what his cause of death was.  I'm not always at my best when I post.  I'm willing to bet, there are a lot of Christians out there with similar diseases they are battling, with God's help.  I thank God, in Jesus name, that he's given me the power, for the most part, to reduce the affect these side effects have on me and my relationship with others.  I've gotten pretty good at apologizing to others.
  • And then there's the thirteen other meds I take (not counting supplements).
Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Thanks for the typo, least I think oul to be a typo. Spouse and I ended up in a bit of laughter coming up with thoughts on what what an oul is. Our emotions became joy in laughter. She readily figured it must be soul. I took longer as I looked at the qwerty keyboard and figured maybe it was world and  a couple of letters were missing. Anyway from there we just went "oul" "ohhh"  and so on phonetically till we found ourselves chuckling for no good reason except having a good time.

I do find the range of good emotion to be from sorrow to ecstatic joy, as all can be and are reaction to God's word.

I know the emotion of praying and finding one praying in an unknown language, I know the deep feeling of physical pressure changing in the presence of the Holy Spirit whipping as individuals hear The Spirit and do come to acknowledge they are being turned about from  sin against God to service in Jesus' name.

And surprising to me, I do appreciate and even love the idea of one  Bro. Claude Elly going from small community to small community through Tennessee area setting up tent revivals and singing to the Lord! In those revivals people becoming very emotional in their combinations of repentance and in joy highest joy in awareness of the Holy spirit and Jesus. The vaste difference of interpretation of Claude's song  "Ain't No Grave" between him and Johnny Cash are great examples of emotion, it changes and projects very differntly under the very same cause.

see: Claude Elly ain't no Grave on You Tube and then Johnny Cash Ain't No Grave. All seem Godly and of God, to me.

Haha, yeah oul was suppose to be soul. :D 

I am glad you agree that emotion, which comes from Elohim does benefit us and can lift our spirit and console us in sorrow. 

I agree Johnny Cash has some powerful songs and He was an example of redemption. I love songs “Hurt/ what have I become, everything goes away.. you can have it all, this kingdom of dirt..” and my absolute fav, “When the Man comes around/ until He comes no shalom or salam, it’s Alpha and Omega’s kingdom Come.” 

I find God in unexpected places. A movie, a tv series, a song, and etc that . arnt sanctioned K-Love God -TV-TBN 700 Club, Pureflix; but these movies, cds, and stories (Star Trek, and etc) speak louder for the Trinity than the Christian hallmark stuff. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor