• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,916
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Agreed! It is the Holy Spirit, working through the church that restrains.

More detail, please. 

How is anything the body of Christ has done, is doing at the moment, or will do in the future instrumental in restraining the man-of-sin from manifesting his presence and purpose?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

More detail, please. 

How is anything the body of Christ has done, is doing at the moment, or will do in the future instrumental in restraining the man-of-sin from manifesting his presence and purpose?

I guess you will have to ask the Holy Spirit that question. 

Can you guess how this world will change once the church is taken out?  It is going to be HUGE.

• Group:  Servant

8 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

I guess you will have to ask the Holy Spirit that question. 

Can you guess how this world will change once the church is taken out?  It is going to be HUGE.

Thanks for your reply. The escalation of lawlessness is upon us. God's immutable moral laws are being circumvented. While there are still enough voices and consciences holding ground in acknowledgement and obedience to God's laws, the lawlessness and the Lawless One are restrained, but as these verses show, eventually the tide of sinful humanity, the natural wickedness of mankind as represented in the first beast from the sea, will overcome the saints, and then that Wicked, the Lawless, One, the man of sin will sieze the day...

Rev 13:5-10
(5)  And there was given unto him(the first beast) a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
(6)  And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
(7)  And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
(8)  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
(9)  If any man have an ear, let him hear.
(10)  He that leads into captivity shall go into captivity: he that kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

One thing not talked about much on this thread is this.....

I believe Paul is saying two things PRECEDE the DOTL....

1. The rebellion/apostasy

2. The man of lawlessness is REVEALED/UNCOVERED

Okay, after pondering this much I do believe the man of lawlessness is uncovered/revealed at the abomination of desolation.....not the signing of some peace treaty. 

I say this because at that time (peace treaty) the world is going to see a different face on him. The world will be enamored with his charisma and ability to get things done, and of course, usher in peace in the Middle East. Not an easy task. So, I believe his true side will come out and be REVEALED/UNCOVERED when he steps into the temple and demands worship.

so, what does this mean? It means the wrath of God cannot be unleashed until the man of lawlessness steps foot into that rebuilt temple. Remember Paul said, these two things PRECEDE the DOTL. (I didn’t say it, he did.)

Wrath=trumpets and bowls (begins at the 7th seal, see Rev 8:1-5

okay Church......let me have it. 

?

Edited by Spock

• Group:  Servant

20 minutes ago, Spock said:

2. The man of lesslessness is REVEALED/UNCOVERED

You might want to edit that, Spock man.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Spock said:

Okay, after pondering this much I do believe the man of lawlessness is uncovered/revealed at the abomination of desolation.....not the signing of some peace treaty. 

I say this because at that time (peace treaty) the world is going to see a different face on him. The world will be enamored with his charisma and ability to get things done, and of course, usher in peace in the Middle East. Not an easy task. So, I believe his true side will come out and be REVEALED/UNCOVERED when he steps into the temple and demands worship.

so, what does this mean? It means the wrath of God cannot be unleashed until the man of lawlessness steps foot into that rebuilt temple. Remember Paul said, these two things PRECEDE the DOTL. (I didn’t say it, he did.)

?

Hi Spock,

Much there to agree with, however there is point concerning the wrath of God. I`ve got the 26 translations of the Bible, and here are some of them regarding Rev. 15: 1.

`And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues;

....the seven last punishments -

for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

`...in them is finished the wrath of God,

....with them the Wrath of God is ended..

...in them the wrath of God has reached a climax,

...by which the vengeance of God is finally achieved,

...with them God`s wrath (indignation) is completely expressed.

...reaches its climax and is ended.

So to me the 7 bowls of wrath just complete God`s wrath, not start it.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, JoeCanada said:

The Restrainer......Who?........... When?

Hi JoeCanada,

To me only God can restrain evil, none other has that overarching authority. All others get their authority from God.

It will occur when the Body of Christ purpose is taken out of the way, and then the Lord will execute the judgements of the Father upon the rebellious.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,933
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Agreed! It is the Holy Spirit, working through the church that restrains.

THE JEWS ARE WAITING FOR MESSIAH AND ELIJAH TO COME AND RULE THE WORLD AT THE END OF TIMES, THEIR BELIEF IS EXPLAINED BY GOD IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION 13.

But the 2 beasts will not be allowed to rule the unbelieving and ignorant world until the Holy Spirit and the church in which He works is removed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

3 hours ago, Spock said:

?

Your timing of the revealing is correct. 3.5 years before the end the antichrist is revealed and comes to power. The description of the deceiving signs associated with his revealing in 2 Thess 2 matches the description of the deceiving signs of the start of the beast's reign in Rev 13. In Rev 13 this occurs 42 months before the end.

You don't need to agree with me, I just want you to ponder on two other facts:

1) In 2 Thess 2 the lawlessness is ALREADY THERE, and the antichrist is ALREADY THERE, the restrainer is not restraining lawlessness, but is restraining the revealing. He is keeping dark secrets of lawlessness, and the identity of the antichrist a secret. In fact most of 2 Thess 2 is a contrast between the mystery/secret and then a sudden revealing. Something dark is keeping dark secrets and needs to be REMOVED in a great victory , and then Satan will be EXPOSED.

2) Rev 12 describes a great victory of the gospel and then Satan is forcibly REMOVED from his place in heaven, and exposes himself in full wrath on earth for 3.5 years.  This event being exactly 1260 days before the end, is EXACTLY the same moment as the antichrist comes to power  (if we see the 42 months  as 42 x 30 day months).

That is something to ponder over, unless there is another entity ALSO being removed on the same day, it appears Satan is the one restraining the revealing of the antichrist, and Satan is the one who is forcibly removed, allowing all evil to be exposed/revealed to the church for the final 3.5 years.  

Edited by ARGOSY

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi JoeCanada,

To me only God can restrain evil, none other has that overarching authority. All others get their authority from God.

It will occur when the Body of Christ purpose is taken out of the way, and then the Lord will execute the judgements of the Father upon the rebellious.

Marilyn.

Marilyn, please ponder over 2 Thess 2. The lawlesness and the antichrist are already there. It is not lawlessness or evil being restrained at all.

Context is clear that it is the revealing that is being restrained. The mystery/secret of lawlessness is already there, but the restrainer (of the revealing) needs to be removed first before the revealing occurs.  It is therefore entirely possible that the restrainer is an evil entity, one that is keeping mysteries and secrets, one that is HIDING the identity of the antichrist, and is HIDING the source of lawlessness.  Even when I realised this one day, it took me a long time to understand these basics that are actually clear in the text.