JoeCanada

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

The Restrainer......Who?........... When?

There are many opinions on WHO the Restrainer is.

It's the Holy Spirit

It's the Church

It's Jesus

It's Michael the Archangel

It's the United States

So many guesses....so many opinions.

Does the Bible tell us WHO the Restrainer is?............. NO. It does not. 

Is it really important that we know?.......Not really.

What is important is " WHEN DOES THE RESTRAINER STOP RESTRAINING"...

2 Thes 2:3-7.........' that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.....who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.......and now you know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time .........for the mystery of iniquity doth already work; only he who now letteth will let, until he is taken out of the way...."

The man of lawlessness is revealed. He is revealed by sitting in the temple in Jerusalem. The restrainer keeps him from doing this until his time.

The restrain is linked to the revealing of Antichrist, and that  takes place when Antichrist sits in the temple of God.

The Antichrist sitting in the temple is one of the most famous events in the end times.......called The Abomination of Desolation.

Daniel referred to it in his 70 weeks prophecy:

" In the middle of the week, he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering".....Dan 9:27

Jesus also refers to this verse in Mathew 24:15.....

" When you see the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel the Prophet standing in the holy place...."

Daniel tells us EXACTLY when this will happen......

" In the middle of the week...."

That is when the Antichrist is revealed and that is when the Restrainer stops restraining. The restrain ends upon the revealing of the Antichrist.

And that happens at the MIDPOINT of the Tribulation......NOT at the beginning.

The proof is in 2 Thes  2:7......"Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is taken out of the way...."

BY the way, this is a poor translation. The Greek words for this passage are completely different.

" The restraining will do so until he is born out of the middle "..............

Here then, are Strong's numbers for you to look up and check it out......

" the (3588).....restraining (2722).......out of (1537).........the middle (3319)..........he is born or becomes (1096)

The male pronoun 'he' at the beginning of the verse was added by translators, to personalize the restraining. This makes one think that the 'he' later in the verse is the same person. It isn't!

For a full understanding on this subject, listen here...... it's only about 8 minutes long.

http://www.thegospelintheendtimes.com/antichrist/when-does-the-restrainer-act/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

In taking a close look at the 2 Thess 2:8 fragment, "but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way." in a literal way I see the words, "Only hold fast until the emergence in the midst", or "Just wait for now until the coming into being in the middle".

I see this make sense in the context of the first 7 verses and I can see how they got, "only he who now letteth will let till he be taken out of the way" even though it's obscure, like trying to see through a dirty window.

A better way to put it in my mind would be, "The holding back will continue until the time when the holding back ceases." This is in the same context as 1-7 where it's abundantly obvious the return of the Lord and the gathering are waiting on the rebellion and the revealing of the beast.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

26 minutes ago, Diaste said:

the revealing of the beast.

In simple terms that Wicked who announces his "divinity", as many have done, will be revealed when the opportunity arises.

In simple terms 2Th 2:7 reads "For the mystery of iniquity is already at work: it is only being restrained until he who is restraining gets taken out of the way."

11 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

What is important is " WHEN DOES THE RESTRAINER STOP RESTRAINING"...

When the natural wickedness of man is at its full potential. ?

Edited by Michael37
caption

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00

On 8/15/2018 at 3:34 AM, Michael37 said:

In simple terms that Wicked who announces his "divinity", as many have done, will be revealed when the opportunity arises.

In simple terms 2Th 2:7 reads "For the mystery of iniquity is already at work: it is only being restrained until he who is restraining gets taken out of the way."

When the natural wickedness of man is at its full potential. ?

Since no such person or organization is the 'restrainer' there is no restraint, and the 'restrainer' cannot stop because 'restraining' never happened, and is not happening.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  369
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 8/14/2018 at 3:31 PM, JoeCanada said:

It's the Holy Spirit

It's the Church

It's Jesus

It's Michael the Archangel

It's the United States

So many guesses....so many opinions.

Does the Bible tell us WHO the Restrainer is?............. NO. It does not. 

Is it really important that we know?.......Not really.

Would you like to know (none of the options are correct)?  Paul told us, and no need to guess.  If I may so say, the answer is important since it is in fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy.  I can share if you would like to know.

12 minutes ago, ShinyGospelShoes said:

Would you like to know (none of the options are correct)?  Paul told us, and no need to guess.  If I may so say, the answer is important since it is in fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy.  I can share if you would like to know.

Hey shinyGS....

Okay then, fly at 'er. I'm all ears.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/14/2018 at 4:31 PM, JoeCanada said:

That is when the Antichrist is revealed and that is when the Restrainer stops restraining. The restrain ends upon the revealing of the Antichrist.

I am going to respectfully disagree, Joe, with the person being revealed as the "Antichrist" at that time -- but instead as the "man of sin".     

The distinction is that the person becomes the Antichrist before being revealed as the man of sin.    Israel and the world will think he is the messiah at that time.

Becoming the Anti-christ, is becoming instead of and against  Jesus -- the rightful person as the King of Israel, who came in the name of the Lord.       So, becoming the Antichrist is when the person is anointed the King of Israel, illegitimate, at the start of the 7 year 70th week.

When the Antichrist commits the 2Thessalonians2:4 act and reveals himself to be the man of sin, it plunges the world into the Day of the Lord beginning years.

The verses relating "christ" as being the King of Israel are found in...

John 12:12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Mark 15: 32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Edited by douggg
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  369
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

1 hour ago, JoeCanada said:

Hey shinyGS....

Okay then, fly at 'er. I'm all ears.

Ok.  Short answer first.

It (restraint) was the Roman Empire (Pagan Rome; 4th Beast) as ruled by the Caesars which were persecuting the christians.  Since the anti-christ power was to arise in the midst of that 4th Kingdom and in the midst of the church (Acts 20:29-30; 2 Thessalonians 2:4, etc), and come to power (even as the "mystery of iniquity" was already working in their day, but was in its seed form), it could not expand in power until the persecution ended, and compromise entered.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 actually has a parenthetical, "only he who now letteth will let" which is actually connected in context to vs 6.  Paul also told them in 1 Thessalonians, which is why he told them to "Remember" what he had already said on the matter.

I can show you from scripture these things, and from the historical writings also.  Would you like to see, it is lengthier by quite a bit?

Edited by ShinyGospelShoes
addendum

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 8/14/2018 at 3:31 PM, JoeCanada said:

and I have my current opinion here, which I expressed in video form:

and also in a text form here

46 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

and I have my current opinion here, which I expressed in video form:

and also in a text form here

Hi omegaman....

Yup, that's a pretty good article.

As I have said in another reply, I too believe that Michael is the Restrainer, though I'm not dogmatic about it......well, not 100%

But it does make the most sense. 

Good stuff. Thank you.