• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Giller said:

1Ti 6:12
(12)  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

The fight of faith is actually a fight for faith, a fight to maintain faith, and a fight to grow in faith or go forward in faith.

Yes there is a battle against Satan and his minions, but it is not a type of battle that has to be fought because Christ's work on the cross is not complete, but rather it is a fight of standing on what Christ has already done, and standing on these promises yes against the enemy.

The bible says that the battle is no ours but the Lord's, and that is true, but that does not mean that there is not a battle to fight, but when we do so, we do not do so in our own might, power and strength,  and we do so from the stand point of view were we are standing on the promises of God against the enemy, we are standing upon a finished work.

Yes, part of the finished work is the provision of armour .  If we do not appropriate what is provided in faith then when we are run over can we question the faith?

It is important to understand that this armour that is provided is not to be taken off and put on at leisure.  Do not take it off at night, that is when you need it the most.  Do not take it off in the day it is necessary protection provided for purpose.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

I second the above BUT does this mean that (I am not saying you are saying this necessarily) we read the Ephesians 6 armour verses each time for the above (obviously we do need to read them too).

OR for example:

Once we have read the verses, we maintain the breastplate by loving people and thus keeping our heart warm?

Someone told me that cold hands make a warm heart so I put my hands under a cold tap for 5 minutes in an attempt to put the breastplate on. It did not work lol.

Only messing!

Shalom ☺️

• Thumbs Up 1