• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

Eph 6:10-12
(10)  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
(11)  Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
(12)  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

There will be some more struggles with the enemy. Been a few so far. The corruption, deception, and exploitation is always around. It's a spiritual war we're in, hence the need for spiritual armour. The enemy uses camoflage, undertakes espionage, does sabotage, and holds captives in bondage. We need our spiritual armour.

• The helmet of salvation for thoughts free of condemnation.
  • The breastplate of righteousness for values not to be compromised.
  • The girdle of truth for integrity to be held secure.
  • The footwear of preparedness to preach the gospel of peace for doctrinal stability.
  • The shield of faith for putting out inflammatory missiles of evil origin.
  • The Sword of the Spirit for doctrine, reproof, correction, instruction in righteousness; to be thoroughly furnished for every good work.
  • The prayer and supplication in the Spirit for guidance and provision.
  • The watching with perseverance in intercession for the health and welfare of the body of Christ.

We put our spiritual armour on for spiritual warfare, not as a ritual to feel good about having done, but to engage the enemy that seeks our destruction. The wiles of the enemy are no match for a Christian wearing their spiritual armour...an armour wearing Christian is able to stand against the wiles of the enemy.

If the Devil bring it on, Christian better have their armour on.

Edited by Michael37
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:02 AM, Michael37 said:

The enemy uses camoflage, undertakes espionage, does sabotage, and holds captives in bondage. We need our spiritual armour.

Thought I had checked all the spelling, should be camouflage with a "u". :doh:

Satan's Camouflage ~

2Co 11:3
(3)  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:13-15
(13)  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
(14)  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
(15)  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
2Co 2:11
(11)  Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

I completely agree that Ephesians 6 is very useful and I use it myself but I would say that the first part of 1 John 4:18 is even better, if you can do it.

This verse says that love gets rid of fear (lying little demons from the enemy).

A few ideas (not saying you do not do this already) to get those demons packing:

- Even the smallest act of love like a quick prayer with the right heart.

- Saying bless you as if you forgive the person who is giving you verbal abuse. If you can, I cant say I am very good at that.

- I was feeling down and then wrote this to help people. I felt better as a result which reminds me that I need to keep doing it.

I said it before and I will say it again: serving God in action  (1 John 3:18) is a big game changer e.g.

- Picking up litter (with gloves).

- Giving non caffiene drinks and soft food to the homeless.

- Any other act of service for Jesus however great or small.

This is if you can manage it at the time. It takes you right out of yourself, God blesses you to encourage more as He loves us and the demons flee.

Testing to see if someones chocolate is safe before they eat it is not counted lol.

Bless you ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  1.53

This is a great post. Been blessed by this

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, allyce16 said:

This is a great post. Been blessed by this

Thank you for your encouraging words, allyce. 

I watched the movie "War Room" for the second time yesterday while the rain kept me indoors. I like the way the widow thanks and praises God and proclaims, "Satan, you just got your butt kicked." ?

Edited by Michael37
word

3 hours ago, Sharky and George said:

I completely agree that Ephesians 6 is very useful and I use it myself but I would say that the first part of 1 John 4:18 is even better, if you can do it.

This verse says that love gets rid of fear (lying little demons from the enemy).

A few ideas (not saying you do not do this already) to get those demons packing:

- Even the smallest act of love like a quick prayer with the right heart.

- Saying bless you as if you forgive the person who is giving you verbal abuse. If you can, I cant say I am very good at that.

- I was feeling down and then wrote this to help people. I felt better as a result which reminds me that I need to keep doing it.

I said it before and I will say it again: serving God in action  (1 John 3:18) is a big game changer e.g.

- Picking up litter (with gloves).

- Giving non caffiene drinks and soft food to the homeless.

- Any other act of service for Jesus however great or small.

This is if you can manage it at the time. It takes you right out of yourself, God blesses you to encourage more as He loves us and the demons flee.

Testing to see if someones chocolate is safe before they eat it is not counted lol.

Bless you ?

Thanks for your reply, Sharky and George, and may I say keep up the good work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bless you Brother. You are an encouragement when I needed it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 8/15/2018 at 8:02 AM, Michael37 said:

Eph 6:10-12
(10)  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
(11)  Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
(12)  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

There will be some more struggles with the enemy. Been a few so far. The corruption, deception, and exploitation is always around. It's a spiritual war we're in, hence the need for spiritual armour. The enemy uses camoflage, undertakes espionage, does sabotage, and holds captives in bondage. We need our spiritual armour.

• The helmet of salvation for thoughts free of condemnation.
  • The breastplate of righteousness for values not to be compromised.
  • The girdle of truth for integrity to be held secure.
  • The footwear of preparedness to preach the gospel of peace for doctrinal stability.
  • The shield of faith for putting out inflammatory missiles of evil origin.
  • The Sword of the Spirit for doctrine, reproof, correction, instruction in righteousness; to be thoroughly furnished for every good work.
  • The prayer and supplication in the Spirit for guidance and provision.
  • The watching with perseverance in intercession for the health and welfare of the body of Christ.

We put our spiritual armour on for spiritual warfare, not as a ritual to feel good about having done, but to engage the enemy that seeks our destruction. The wiles of the enemy are no match for a Christian wearing their spiritual armour...an armour wearing Christian is able to stand against the wiles of the enemy.

If the Devil bring it on, Christian better have their armour on.

Thank you for this encouragement! Pray for me, was not putting on my armor this week.

• Praying! 2

• 2 weeks later...

12 minutes ago, Giller said:

1Ti 6:12
(12)  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

The fight of faith is actually a fight for faith, a fight to maintain faith, and a fight to grow in faith or go forward in faith.

Yes there is a battle against Satan and his minions, but it is not a type of battle that has to be fought because Christ's work on the cross is not complete, but rather it is a fight of standing on what Christ has already done, and standing on these promises yes against the enemy.

The bible says that the battle is no ours but the Lord's, and that is true, but that does not mean that there is not a battle to fight, but when we do so, we do not do so in our own might, power and strength,  and we do so from the stand point of view were we are standing on the promises of God against the enemy, we are standing upon a finished work.

Thanks for your reply, Giller. Good reference. Good doctrine. Good fight.  

This is a version that I did that is quite fun if you want to try it.

Main bits are in bold.

Shalom ?