• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

22 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yeah, some well known and knowledgeable people I respect have changed their view of the role of Islam and the Antichrist will be Muslim. I'm not changing my view though, for too many biblical reasons to discuss at the moment. 

But consider this: A Jew would never accept a Muslim as their Messiah under any condition, period. What would happen to a Muslim man if he stood up and declared himself to be God (Allah)? The Muslims would not accept him and he would quickly be decapitated. 

I don't think he will present himself at first as Muslim. He starts out by saying he is the God of the Jews. And I think he will be able to prove he is a Jew by blood. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 8/18/2018 at 12:05 PM, Salty said:

I agree all 3 examples are parallels for the end, but we are not there just yet.

The "abomination of desolation" event Jesus warned of from the Book of Daniel is about an idol abomination setup in a standing Jewish temple in Jerusalem. The "league" which the "vile person" of Daniel 11 is to make involves startup of the old covenant sacrificial worship again with a temple. Revelation 11:1-2 is pointing to that, along with the Antichrist's Gentile armies treading the city (Jerusalem) for 42 months. Because that 42 months period at the end is linked to those Gentiles treading Jerusalem, we know that is to occur at the very end of this world, which is also the time the dragon of Rev.13 is given to reign.

The coming pseudo-Christ/Antichrist will fool the whole world (except Christ's elect) into thinking he is God. In Matt.24:23-26, Jesus revealed the coming of a pseudochristos that will have the power to work great signs and wonders that IF possible, would deceive even His very elect. That false one is the coming Antichrist, not some simpleton with charisma just saying he is Christ and then demanding his followers buy him a Rolls-Royce. This pseudo-Christ our Lord Jesus warned of will rain fire down from heaven in the sight of men (Rev.13:11-17). It's this coming false Christ who will have supernatural power, and thus will have the power to pull the globalist's "one world government" system together, and create a one-world kingdom, and a one-world religion to include all... religions of the world. Craft will prosper in his hand, and he will use peace to destroy those against him.

Shalom, Salty.

Don't you understand that Matthew 24:15-21/Mark 13:14-19/Luke 21:20-23 have already taken place in the first century A.D.? The contextual clues dictate that much of this HAD to be fulfilled before 70 A.D! That's the problem with the pre-tribulational rapturist point of view! You've heard the statement,

"Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it"?

Well, there's also a corollary:

"Those who don't learn that prophecies were fulfilled in history are bound to think those prophecies must be fulfilled in the future!"

Edited by Retrobyter
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:06 AM, JoeCanada said:

The Redemption of our Bodies

The Apostle Paul talks about the Redemption of our Bodies in Romans 8:23:

"And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the Redemption of our Body"

1 Cor 15:42-44:

"So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonour, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body"

Eph 1:14

" Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the Redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory"

1 Cor 5:2

" For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven"

Eph 4:30

" And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of Redemption"

So here in Ephesians, Paul says that there is a DAY of Redemption. When is that DAY? 

Hi JoeCanada,

There are actually three Days that God has declared for His purposes.

The word `day,` in these phrases in Gk, is a period of time and a specific day. Both of these God uses.

1. The Day of Christ. This is the time period for the building up and maturing of the Body and also the specific day when the Christ comes for His Body. (Phil. 1: 8  & 1 Thess. 4: 16))

2. The Day of the Lord, (God Almighty.) This is the time period from the beginning of the tribulation through to the end of the thousand years. It is also for the specific day when the Lord comes with His angelic army to deliver Israel and judge the rebellious. (2 Peter 3: 10 & 2 Thess. 1: 7 & 8)

3. The Day of God. This starts with the New Heavens and New Earth and goes on into eternity. (2 Peter 3: 10 - 12)

Note: Each `Day` time period follows the next.

I...........Day of Christ.............I.............Day of the Lord (God Almighty)................I.............Day of God......................I

Thus we, the `Body` are looking for the Head, Christ, who is maturing us, (the time period called the Day of Christ.) Then when He comes it will be the specific Day of Christ, for our redemption. What a glorious day that will be.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi JoeCanada,

The word `day,` in these phrases in Gk, is a period of time and a specific day. Both of these God uses.

1. The Day of Christ. This is the time period for the building up and maturing of the Body and also the specific day when the Christ comes for His Body. (Phil. 1: 8  & 1 Thess. 4: 16))

2. The Day of the Lord, (God Almighty.) This is the time period from the beginning of the tribulation through to the end of the thousand years. It is also for the specific day when the Lord comes with His angelic army to deliver Israel and judge the rebellious. (2 Peter 3: 10 & 2 Thess. 1: 7 & 8)

3. The Day of God. This starts with the New Heavens and New Earth and goes on into eternity. (2 Peter 3: 10 - 12)

I...........Day of Christ.............I.............Day of the Lord (God Almighty)................I.............Day of God......................I

Thus we, the `Body` are looking for the Head, Christ, who is maturing us, (the time period called the Day of Christ.) Then when He comes it will be the specific Day of Christ, for our redemption. What a glorious day that will be.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn....

Nice to hear from you again,

Day of the Lord:....................... Isa 13:6

Wail, for the day of the LORD is near!
It will come as destruction from [fn]the Almighty.
Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,
Cruel, with fury and burning anger,
To make the land a desolation;
And He will exterminate its sinners from it.
Alas for the day!
For the day of the LORD is near,
And it will come as destruction from the [fn]Almighty.
Will not the day of the LORD be darkness instead of  light,
Even gloom with no brightness in it?

The Day of the Lord cannot be the time period from the beginning of the Tribulation through to the end of the thousand years.
Gloom and doom, destruction, no brightness in it, fury and burning anger, desolation. 
How can ALL this be carried through the 1000 years?
We know that God is angry, but how could His anger be carried out over a period of 1000 years?
Isaiah tells us how long the Day of the Lord is. We don't need to guess or assume. Let's look at what he says about this:

For the Lord has a day of vengeance, a year of recompense for the cause of Zion. (Isa 34:8)

To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord and the day of vengeance of our God (Isa. 61:2)

For the day of vengeance was in My heart, And My year of redemption has come. (Isa. 63:4)

I think that Titus 2:13 equates the Day of Christ to His glorious appearing.

looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of [fn]our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

The Day of Christ will immediately be followed by the Day of the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

14 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi Marilyn....

Nice to hear from you again,

Day of the Lord:....................... Isa 13:6

Hi JoeCanada,

Good to chat again. I like your `honest` quote and pray that we can be thus here as we seek the truth together.

So...we both agree that the Day of the Lord is a specific day, (as the scriptures describe).

And as I stated in my earlier comment the Gk. word for Day, is also meaning a period of time. So let`s have a closer look at this. Looking at 1 Thess. 5: 2 & 3 we read what occurs when the Day of the Lord begins.

So is this the specific day or a period of time?

`For you yourselves know perfectly that the Day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, "PEACE AND SAFETY!"  then sudden destruction comes upon them as labour pains upon a pregnant woman.....` (1 Thess. 5: 2 & 3)

Let`s try the specific Day and see if that fits.

Now just before the specific Day of the Lord we read that all the sea and rivers are turned to blood, (great thirst)the sun scorches people with great heat, & foul sores on people with the mark. Then there is great darkness over the earth as the armies of the world make their way to Armageddon and down to Jerusalem, killing everyone as they go. Finally the world`s armies surround Jerusalem.

Does this seem like when people would be saying `Peace and Safety?` I think not.

Let`s try the beginning of the period of time called the Day of the Lord.

We know that a peace treaty will be made with Israel by surrounding nations. This will be amazing as no one has been able to achieve peace in the Middle East. Thus the world will be saying "Peace and Safety,"..... at last! Then we know that there will come `sudden destruction` as God pours out His judgments upon the earth - 1/3 of grass burnt up, (famine) 1/3 of the sea turn to blood,  and rivers become bitter, (thirst), etc....

So we both agree that there is a specific Day of the Lord when He comes to deliver Israel and deal with the rebellious, however I believe we can see that there is also a period of time called the Day of the Lord that begins with the tribulation.

Note the Apostle Peter draws attention to this by saying, -

`..the Day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night...` (2 Peter 3: 10)

And we realise from what the Apostle Paul says also that when the Day of the Lord comes `as a thief in the night,` that people will be saying "Peace and Safety!" And this will be at the beginning of the tribulation.

regards, Marilyn.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:33 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi JoeCanada,

2. The Day of the Lord, (God Almighty.) This is the time period from the beginning of the tribulation through to the end of the thousand years. It is also for the specific day when the Lord comes with His angelic army to deliver Israel and judge the rebellious. (2 Peter 3: 10 & 2 Thess. 1: 7 & ?

Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

I find it really ironic how so many Christians DIVORCE the title from the meaning of the title! Have you stopped to consider that the "Day of Christ" means "the Messiah's Day?" He will return to be the Messiah promised to David and all Israel, and you say it's "the specific day when the Christ comes for His Body"?! It's the DAY OF THE MESSIAH - GOD'S ANOINTED TO BE KING!!!! That's NOT a single, 24-hour day! That's a THOUSAND-YEAR DAY with no night in Israel! It's then everything starts!

First, the Messiah attacks Botsrah in Edowm, wondering why and upset that all His help is missing! (Isa. 34:1-6; Isa. 63:1-6)

Then, He begins to "clean house" in Yhudah, beginning in the southeast and chasing His enemies west and north (Zech. 12:1-9). Those of us who are Gentile believers aren't going to "fly away to Heaven"; we're going to HELP Him in His purge of Israel! He doesn't begin in Yerushalayim so as not to show favoritism to His own family (Zech. 12:7). He doesn't use a weapon in the traditional sense. He IS the Word of God, and by His VOICE He destroys each enemy (Rev. 19:11-16)!

When He arrives in Yerushalayim, He cracks the Mount of Olives in half and splits the Eastern Gate, and the graveyard the Muslims planted in front of it, in the process. (What does "the Resurrection and the Life" [John 11:25] care about a bunch of dead bodies?! They're not going to "contaminate" Him, like they hope! He's going to part them like Moses parted the Red Sea!) This split forms a way of escape for those who are captives in Yerushalayim (Zech. 14:1-5). The Resurrection, having already happened by then, brings His family back to life, and as they escape Yerushalayim, they notice the wounds in His hands; so, one asks Him about them: "What are these wounds in thine hands?" He responds, "Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends" (Zech. 13:6).

Then, they will mourn for the Messiah, as one mourns for either the loss of a firstborn son or the loss of an only son, for He IS their heir through either their firstborn son or their only son! He is their GRANDSON (however, many "greats" removed) (Zech. 12:10-14 cff Luke 3:23-38 specifically verses 26, 29 and 31)!

Once routed from Yerushalayim, His enemies will be chased north and west until they hope to make their stand in the valley of Yizr`e'l ("Jezreel"), east of Haifa and Mount Carmel, below and within eyesight of Tel-Megiddow or the Mountain of Megiddow, "Har-Megiddown" in Hebrew, transliterated into Greek as "Harmagedoon" (spelled "alpha with rough breathing-rho-mu-alpha-gamma-epsilon-delta-omega-nu"), transliterated into English as "Armageddon."

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/9/2018 at 4:34 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi JoeCanada,

Good to chat again. I like your `honest` quote and pray that we can be thus here as we seek the truth together.

So...we both agree that the Day of the Lord is a specific day, (as the scriptures describe).

And as I stated in my earlier comment the Gk. word for Day, is also meaning a period of time. So let`s have a closer look at this. Looking at 1 Thess. 5: 2 & 3 we read what occurs when the Day of the Lord begins.

So is this the specific day or a period of time?

`For you yourselves know perfectly that the Day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, "PEACE AND SAFETY!"  then sudden destruction comes upon them as labour pains upon a pregnant woman.....` (1 Thess. 5: 2 & 3)

Let`s try the specific Day and see if that fits.

Now just before the specific Day of the Lord we read that all the sea and rivers are turned to blood, (great thirst)the sun scorches people with great heat, & foul sores on people with the mark. Then there is great darkness over the earth as the armies of the world make their way to Armageddon and down to Jerusalem, killing everyone as they go. Finally the world`s armies surround Jerusalem.

Does this seem like when people would be saying `Peace and Safety?` I think not.

Let`s try the beginning of the period of time called the Day of the Lord.

We know that a peace treaty will be made with Israel by surrounding nations. This will be amazing as no one has been able to achieve peace in the Middle East. Thus the world will be saying "Peace and Safety,"..... at last! Then we know that there will come `sudden destruction` as God pours out His judgments upon the earth - 1/3 of grass burnt up, (famine) 1/3 of the sea turn to blood,  and rivers become bitter, (thirst), etc....

So we both agree that there is a specific Day of the Lord when He comes to deliver Israel and deal with the rebellious, however I believe we can see that there is also a period of time called the Day of the Lord that begins with the tribulation.

Note the Apostle Peter draws attention to this by saying, -

`..the Day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night...` (2 Peter 3: 10)

And we realise from what the Apostle Paul says also that when the Day of the Lord comes `as a thief in the night,` that people will be saying "Peace and Safety!" And this will be at the beginning of the tribulation.

regards, Marilyn.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:33 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi JoeCanada,

2. The Day of the Lord, (God Almighty.) This is the time period from the beginning of the tribulation through to the end of the thousand years. It is also for the specific day when the Lord comes with His angelic army to deliver Israel and judge the rebellious. (2 Peter 3: 10 & 2 Thess. 1: 7 & ?

Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

My last post was about the BEGINNING of the Millennium, immediately after the Tribulation (which has been MUCH longer than a mere 7 years and still continues to this day)! Since the Tribulation began in the First Century A.D., according to the Olivet Discourse, the Pre-Tribulational Rapture is inconsistent with reality. The Pre-wrath position is also inconsistent with reality! Only the Posttribulational Rapture fits, but not in the way - not even CLOSE - to that which is currently taught!

Yeshua` began the desolation of Israel when He left them desolate in Matthew 23:37-39, specifically verse 38, partly fulfilling Daniel 9:27:

Matthew 23:37-39 (KJV)

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till (until) ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Daniel 9:27 (KJV)

27And he (the Messiah from verse 26) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (7 years): and in the midst of the week (3.5 years) he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease (Hebrews 10), and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate (those made desolate).

Then, His prophecies collectively called the "Olivet Discourse" were recorded in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. The Greek word for "tribulation" is "thlipsis" (NT:2347), and its verb form is "thliboo" (NT:2346, "oo" = omega). Thus, the term occurs in Matthew 24:9, 21, 29; and Mark 13:19 and 24:

Matthew 24:1-8 (KJV)

1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said unto them,

See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying,

Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them,

Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ (the Messiah); and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Mark 13:1-8 (KJV)

1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him,

Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here! 

2 And Jesus answering said unto him,

Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately, 

4 Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled? 

5 And Jesus answering them began to say,

Take heed lest any man deceive you: 6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ (the Messiah); and shall deceive many. 7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet. 8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

Luke 21:5-11 (KJV)

5 And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said, 

6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

7 And they asked him, saying,

Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass? 

8 And he said,

Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ (the Messiah); and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. 9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by (an English phrase meaning "immediately" or "right away").

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: 11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Witnessing to All Nations

Matthew 24:9-14 (KJV)

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 13:9-13 (KJV)

9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them. 10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations. 11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost. 12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death. 13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Luke 21:10-19 (KJV)

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. 13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony. 14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. 16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. 17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. 18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish. 19 In your patience possess ye your souls.

The Abomination of Desolation

Matthew 24:15-31 (KJV)

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ (the Messiah), or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs (pretend Messiahs), and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles (vultures) be gathered together.

Mark 13:14-23 (KJV)

14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains: 15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house: 16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment. 17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter. 19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. 20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days. 21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ (the Messiah); or, lo, he is there; believe him not: 22 For false Christs (Messiahs) and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. 23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Luke 21:20-24 (KJV)

20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. 21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. 22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The Return of the Son of Man

Matthew 24:29-31 (KJV)

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:24-27 (KJV)

24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, 25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. 26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Luke 21:25-28 (KJV)

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Everywhere you see the words "ye," "you" or "your" above, Yeshua` is talking DIRECTLY to the disciples sitting there before Him that day! They were prophecies for THEM, for the things THEY THEMSELVES would experience in the near future!

Thus, the "tribulation" or the "affliction" was first suffered by THEM in the First Century A.D., before and around the time of the destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D!

HOWEVER, the return of the Messiah has not happened, yet! Therefore, Matthew 24:29-31, Mark 13:24-27, and Luke 21:25-28 have not yet occurred! And, we're told above that His Coming happens IMMEDIATELY AFTER the "tribulation" or "affliction." Therefore, one should conclude that this "tribulation" or "affliction" has been going on for almost 2,000 years, specifically 1,952 years, assuming the warning first was realized in about 66 A.D., NOT a mere 7 years! The 7 years (the final "week" of Daniel 9) were divided into BOOKENDS that sandwich the "tribulation" between them! They are the times when Yeshua` offered and shall offer the Kingdom - DAVID'S Kingdom - to Israel. Yeshua`, like David, was already anointed by God, but Yeshua`, like David, has to be anointed by Israel to be their King. He was rejected in the First Century and for their abominations, He left them desolate UNTIL they can say "Baruwkh haba' b-shem YHWH," "Welcome, Comer in the name (on the authority) of YHWH." The last 3.5 years of that seventieth "week" will be fulfilled when Yeshua` arrives, and THIS time, they will gladly accept Him as their King.

Hope this hasn't been too much, but for you and others reading, I have laid out this little-known perspective.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shalom, again, to anyone who might still be interested.

First, let's talk about the Redemption of our bodies us:

It's important that we use the right speech: We don't HAVE bodies; we ARE bodies! A "soul" is a "nefesh," an "air-breathing creature." It's Therefore, the Redemption of us or our Redemption is KEY! It is our RESURRECTION!

The Day of the Messiah or the Messiah's Day is when the Messiah returns to reign here on this earth, which begins the Millennium; that is, the 1,000 Years spoken about in Revelation 20:1-7.

I find it interesting that everybody spends so much time on the "7 years of tribulation" and hardly any time at all on a THOUSAND YEARS while haSatan is locked away in the bottomless pit. Why is that, I wonder?

It won't be a "hunky-dory time" where "everything is at peace and there's no trouble anywhere!"

WHY will the Millennium last for a THOUSAND YEARS? What will happen during that LONG time period? What will WE be doing?

(And, don't say we'll be off in "heaven"; why would we be THERE when the Messiah Yeshua` [who will be Israel's Melekh  or King] will be HERE ON EARTH?! Didn't Paul say in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17,

"16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord?")

After Yeshua` has purged His country, Israel, from His enemies, He will form a war tribunal with the survivors of the war. He has gathered all the nations together to the war at Har-Megiddown, according to Revelation 16:16. Some will be there as allies to Israel and some will be enemies. Matthew 25 is a picture of that war tribunal:

Matthew 25:31-46 (KJV)

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil (slanderer) and his angels (messengers): 42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Note that Yeshua` the King shall NOT actually have His messengers throw them into the fire at this point in time. He simply sends them away to experience the everlasting punishment in fire in due time.

Second, note that Yeshua` the King is sentencing NATIONS, not individuals.

Third, note that Yeshua` the King is comparing the sentence of each group to how they collectively treated "one of the least of these His brethren." His brethren or brothers (and sisters) are not just "believers" or "Christians"; they are also His LITERAL brothers and sisters through His family, the Jews, that is, the children of Yhudah (Judah), one of the twelve tribes of Israel. I believe His words also extend to the rest of the children of Israel.

The nations that treated the children of Israel and the believers well, they become a part of His Kingdom. While they still retain their own nationality and cultures and languages, they become subordinate nations and tributary nations, willingly paying a tribute to Yeshua`s Israel.

The nations that treated the children of Israel and the believers poorly, they remain independent countries that shall be conquered and subdued throughout the Millennium until not one of them remains apart. They will either submit to the rulership of the King of kings (the World Emperor) Yeshua` or they will be detroyed as a nation.

Fourth, one should note that Yeshua`, "the Son of man, shall come in his glory (brightness), and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory (brightness)." By this time, He has already become Israel's King.

One of the jobs of an Israeli King is to be a "Supreme Court Judge." In fact, He shall be THE "Supreme Court Judge" of His realm. Thus, the "Judgment Seat of the Messiah" isn't restricted to a mere 7 years prior to the Millennium, as I've heard pre-tribulational rapturists teach. Rather, He shall be a Judge THROUGHOUT the Millennium!

And, like His predecessor Moses, He shall delegate much of the judgments to His subordinates:

Exodus 18:13-27 (KJV)

13 And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses sat to judge the people: and the people stood by Moses from the morning unto the evening. 14 And when Moses' father in law saw all that he did to the people, he said, What is this thing that thou doest to the people? why sittest thou thyself alone, and all the people stand by thee from morning unto even? 15 And Moses said unto his father in law, Because the people come unto me to inquire of God: 16 When they have a matter, they come unto me; and I judge between one and another, and I do make them know the statutes of God, and his laws.

17 And Moses' father in law said unto him, The thing that thou doest is not good. 18 Thou wilt surely wear away, both thou, and this people that is with thee: for this thing is too heavy for thee; thou art not able to perform it thyself alone. 19 Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: Be thou for the people to God-ward, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God: 20 And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do. 21 Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens: 22 And let them judge the people at all seasons: and it shall be, that every great matter they shall bring unto thee, but every small matter they shall judge: so shall it be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee. 23 If thou shalt do this thing, and God command thee so, then thou shalt be able to endure, and all this people shall also go to their place in peace.

24 So Moses hearkened to the voice of his father in law, and did all that he had said. 25 And Moses chose able men out of all Israel, and made them heads over the people, rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens. 26 And they judged the people at all seasons: the hard causes they brought unto Moses, but every small matter they judged themselves. 27 And Moses let his father in law depart; and he went his way into his own land.

We have the same thing seen in the Messiah's Kingdom:

Luke 19:11-27 (KJV)

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. 12 He said therefore,

A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. 15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. 17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. 18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. 19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities. 20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. 22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: 23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury? 24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. 25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.) 26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. 27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Note also the outside story (which I have underlined) surrounding the inside story: Those who didn't want to be ruled by the King (Yeshua`) would not prevent His rulership. Instead, all it does is gets them into serious trouble!

• Thumbs Up 1

Shalom, to any and all who love YHWH Elohiym and His Son, Yeshua` haMashiyach (Jesus the Messiah or the Christ).

There are some who suggest that the period of 1000 years mentioned in 2 Peter 3:8 has nothing to do with the Millennium in Revelation 20:1-7, but a parallel can be drawn between the two chapters:

2 Peter 3:3-13 (KJV)

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition (sentencing) of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 20:1-15; 21:1-4 (KJV)

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ (the Messiah) a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire (sentencing).

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Both passages show that we will be "with the Lord Yeshua` for a thousand years," although Peter points out that it will seem as though it was just a day, and John notes that we will be reigning with Him.

Both passages indicate that the Great White Throne Judgment, the "day of Judgment ... of ungodly men," shall happen AFTER this thousand-year period. Again, John points out that we will be reigning with the Messiah during this period, and Peter notes that the Messiah is not delaying the judgment but is being "longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

I should have mentioned here that single-verse Christians will often take 2 Peter 3:10 out of context and suggest that it means the day of the Lord is a 24-hour day and signifies that the Judgment will occur on that day at the beginning of the Millennium, i.e., on the day that the Lord Yeshua` returns, but one must look at the WHOLE context of 2 Peter 3.

Both passages note that the "ungodly men," those whose names were "not found written in the book of life," were sentenced to perdition, the lake of fire.

Peter mentions that one day with the Lord Yeshua` is like a thousand years. Why? Because with Yeshua` shining like the sun, there's no night wherever He is! So, it will be a very LONG day!

Malachi 4:1-3 (KJV)

1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. 2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. 
3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Revelation 1:12-16 (KJV)

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks onelike unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. 16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance (face) was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Peter tells us that it will start with the coming of the Lord Yeshua` "as a thief in the night," but it won't end for a thousand years, and AT THE END shall be the fire and the final Judgment!

An actual PHYSICAL event is paralleled as well: Peter mentions "the heavens (Greek: hoi ouranoi = "the skies" or the atmosphere) shall pass away (Greek: pareleusontai) with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." John mentions "the earth (Greek: hee gee = the ground/dirt) and the heaven (Greek: ho ouranos = "the sky" or the atmosphere) fled away (Greek: efugen); and there was found no place for them."

The Greek word "pareleusontai" comes from...

3928 parerchomai (par-er'-khom-ahee). From para and erchomai; to come near or aside, i.e. To approach (arrive), go by (or away), (figuratively) perish or neglect, (causative) avert
-- come (forth), go, pass (away, by, over), past, transgress.

The Greek word "efugen" comes from the word...

5343 feugoo (fyoo'-go). Apparently a primary verb; to run away (literally or figuratively); by implication, to shun; by analogy, to vanish
-- escape, flee (away).

Both ideas suggest an EXPLOSION such that the ground and the air RUSH BY and FLEE AWAY, as if to escape the face of the One who sits upon the Throne! But, there was NOWHERE for them to go!

There are also a few other passages to explore, namely 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 and Matthew 13 which records Yeshua`s parables about the KINGDOM, not the "church!"

Edited by Retrobyter
to add a thought

Shalom, to any and all who love YHWH Elohiym and His Son, Yeshua` haMashiyach (Jesus the Messiah or the Christ).

I know this has been long, but we ARE talking about a THOUSAND YEARS, after all.

Look at 1 Corinthians 15:20-28. Remember that this is a chapter about the Resurrection:

1 Corinthians 15:20-28 (KJV)

20 But now is Christ (the Messiah) risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man (Adam) came death, by man (Yeshua`) came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ (the Messiah) shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order:

(0) Christ (the Messiah) the firstfruits;
(1) afterward they that are Christ's (the Messiah's) at his coming (at the beginning of the Millennium). 
(2) 24 Then cometh the end (after the Millennium), when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 

25 For he (Yeshua` the Messiah) must reign (throughout the Millennium), till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death (at the end of the Millennium). 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. (The next sentence is parenthetical.) But when he saith, all things are put under him (the Messiah), it is manifest that he (God the Father) is excepted, which did put all things under him (the Messiah). 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him (the Messiah), then shall the Son (Yeshua` the Messiah) also himself be subject unto him (God the Father) that put all things under him (the Messiah), that God (the Father) may be all in all.

It's also important that we not forget what Gavri'el ("Gabriel") said to Miryam ("Mary"):

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

So, what Yeshua` is giving up to His Father at the end of the Millennium is the title "King of Kings" or World Emperor. He will continue to be the King of Israel after He has given the title of World Emperor to His Father.

Contrary to popular opinion, Yeshua`s parables in Matthew 13 are NOT about the "Church!" To the contrary, Yeshua` CLAIMS THEM TO BE about the Kingdom!

In the first parable, Yeshua` is teaching from a ship anchored offshore to the childen of Israel on the beach:

Matthew 13:1-9 (KJV)

1 The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side. 2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying,

Behold, a sower went forth to sow; 4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: 5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: 6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: 8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. 9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

His disciples (who were aboard the ship with Him) came and asked Him a question:

Matthew 13:10-17 (KJV)

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him,

Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 

11 He answered and said unto them,

Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of (the secrets about) the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias (Yesha`yahuw or Isaiah), which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

So, He then explained His first parable:

Matthew 13:18-23 (KJV)

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. 

19 When any one heareth the word of (the message about) the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. 

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word (the message), and anon (right away) with joy receiveth it; 21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word (the message), by and by (English phrase meaning "immediately") he is offended (led into sin). 

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word (the message); and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. 

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word (the message), and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Yeshua` then gave them all a second parable:

Matthew 13:24-30 (KJV)

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,

The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Then, He added a third parable and a fourth parable:

Matthew 13:31-33 (KJV)

31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,

The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: 32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

33 Another parable spake he unto them;

The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

A small, insignificant, single grain of mustard seed will grow to be a very large herb often mistaken as a tree! It may house the nest of birds among its branches. This parable is talking about the growth and the size of the Kingdom throughout the Millennium.

There is a danger here that I need to mention. Often, it is said that "leaven is a type of sin," and perhaps this is true in some instances, but NOT HERE! The danger is thinking that a type is always the same thing! There is no such thing as a "universal type."

A "type" is simply a figure of speech in grammar like a simile or a metaphor. A type may be "a person or thing symbolizing or exemplifying the ideal or defining characteristics of something." Specifically, it is often said to be "a person or event in the Old Testament taken as a foreshadowing of someone or something in the New Testament." (These are dictionary definitions.)

But, as a figure of speech - either a simile (with the word "like" or "as," as in these parables) or a metaphor - they are whatever the author of the speech wants them to represent!

Here, the "leaven" CANNOT be a "type of sin," or one is saying that the "kingdom of heaven" is a "type of sin!" In THIS parable, Yeshua` likens the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN (or the KINGDOM FROM THE SKY) ITSELF to be like the LEAVEN

"Leaven" is an agent that causes bread to rise, like yeast does. Other leavening agents are baking powder, baking soda, baking soda with vinegar, homemade potash, homemade potash with vinegar, baker's ammonia and sourdough starter. Even steam and air whipped into the dough or eggs are considered leavening agents.

In this particular parable, Yeshua` was talking about the Kingdom's GROWTH in the world and its INFLUENCE!

Later, once inside the house, Yeshua` explains the second parable to His disciples:

Matthew 13:34-43 (KJV)

34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them: 35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying,

Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. 

37 He answered and said unto them,

He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man
38 The field is the world (Greek: kosmos = "the world-system");
the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but
the tares are the children of the wicked one
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil (Greek: ho diabolos = "the slanderer");
the harvest is the end of the world (Greek: aioonos = "age"); and
the reapers are the angels

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world (Greek: tou aioonos = "of-the age," i.e., the end of the Millennium, at the end of this age). 41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his (the Messiah's) kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

We may simply take His parable in verses 24 to 30 and make the substitutions of the elements as Yeshua` defined them:

24 The kingdom of heaven is likened unto the Son of man which sowed the children of the kingdom in his world-system: 25 But while men slept, His slanderer came and sowed the children of the wicked one among the children of the kingdom, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the children of the wicked one also. 27 So the angels of the Son of man came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow children of the kingdom in thy world-system? from whence then hath it children of the wicked one? 28 He said unto them, the slanderer hath done this. The angels said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the children of the wicked one, ye root up also the children of the kingdom with them. 30 Let both grow together until the end of the age: and in the time of the end of the age I will say to the angels, Gather ye together first the children of the wicked one, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the children of the kingdom into my barn.

This parable explains the character and nature of the Kingdom during the Millennium.