Worried I’m reprobate?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, I recently came accross Hebrews 10:26 and it apparently warns against apostasy or abandoning faith. Then remembered when I was doubting my salvation and the existence of God even though I didn’t really abandon my faith. Do you think I was committing apostasy or I was becoming reprobate? Do you think this is something I should confess?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I think it's rather healthy to contemplate on oneself every now and again. Assess yourself so that you can be sure of yourself.

I'm fairly certain this is something that every believer deals with. Many might not like to admit it, but we're all rather foolish and goofy. Me personally, I do address it. Whether you're open or not to the Lord about it, it will be seen by him, so I think it best to address it, and also state a desire to continue in the faith and grow in the faith. For even if we are foolish and goofy, we can least hope that part of us diminishes with time.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Hebrews gives me the heeby geeby's too sometimes so just read it when you have more faith maybe.

I did a post on assurance issues (which I believe you are having) and how if you are concerned then the logic follows that you will not turn away (and other points included in the post):

The most effective thing for assurance issues is to serve God with actions (however big or small the actions e.g. smile at someone). Check this out too:

dr3032 is right too - do not sweep your worries under the carpet as you will trip over the lump at some point. That does not mean you will fall into apostacy, instead it means that you will get this annoying niggle back again. Sort it now properly so you can relax.

Bless you Brother, I pray that you would relax and enjoy Jesus. ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

17 hours ago, UndyingBeanz said:

Hi, I recently came accross Hebrews 10:26 and it apparently warns against apostasy or abandoning faith. Then remembered when I was doubting my salvation and the existence of God even though I didn’t really abandon my faith. Do you think I was committing apostasy or I was becoming reprobate? Do you think this is something I should confess?

God tells us the begin of wisdom is fear of The Lord 
Job 28:28
Job 28:28
Ps 111:10
Ps 111:10
Prov 1:7
Prov 1:7
Prov 9:10
Prov 9:10
Prov 15:33
Prov 15:33
Isa 11:2
Isa 11:2
Isa 33:6
Isa 33:6

However in the process of sanctification that fear is translated into The Love of God

1 John 4:18-19

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.
KJV

I would say there is fear present with you by your concern expressed... grow in God by denying yourself following Him and know as long as we are here the fear of God shall be present with us as a indicator we cannot be perfect but as God knows so God has made us so in Himself... this is the mark Paul speaks of here

Phil 3:10-14

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
KJV

Guest shiloh357
18 hours ago, UndyingBeanz said:

Hebrews 10:26 is written to Jews who were on the fence about Jesus.  True Christians cannot apostatize.   Apostates are not "ex-Christians."  Apostates are those who know the truth, who acknowledge it as the truth, but reject it.  They were never saved.   I know many non-believers know the truth and believe in God and know the Bible is true, but have chosen to remain as non-Christians.  It's "not for me" is something I get a lot.  To know the truth and to acknowledge it as such and walk away from it, is apostasy.

That's not you.   You are not an apostate.   You might struggle from time to time, but that is not apostasy. 

Believe me, if you were becoming "reprobate" you would not care enough to ask this kind of question.  The fact you ask, proves that the Holy Spirit is working on the inside of you and maybe convicting you.  That's a good thing; God only chastens those who belong to Him.  So be encouraged, you are still a child of God.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I doubt that you have a reprobate mind. If you did you probably wouldn't be worried about it. Did you know all teenagers think they're insane? They really think this although they don't all admit it. I discovered later in life that a truly insane person doesn't think he's crazy. It's unbelievable what they will tell you and while you know it's false the insane person believes it. I bet a reprobate mind works the same way. If you were reprobate you'd probably argue in favor of rape, abortion, killings, wanton lust and every other ungodly thing the Bible mentions. You'd think these things are great and we should all be doing them. That's what a reprobate mind thinks.

• Brilliant! 1