• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

17 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

And when you have made converts, I am sure you do not undermine or try to destabilize their efforts to identify and warn against evil belief systems.  Rather you would encourage their efforts, yes?

Certainly, exercise patience and wisdom and love when evangelizing and witnessing to lost individuals.  Everyone will do that according to their own callings and gifts of the Spirit, as the Lord leads.

I would encourage the purge of destructive heresies, “But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.” (2 Peter 2:1) and false gospels, “But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel [a]contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be [b]accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel [c]contrary to what you received, he is to be [d]accursed!” (Galatians 1:8-9, cross ref 2 Corinthians 1:2-15), and false Christ, “For there will be false Christs and false prophets who will do signs and wonders to decisive the elect if possible.” (Matthew 24:24). 

So yes, I would teach against evil belief systems. But it must come under the love of God (1 John 4:8, John 3:16). 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

I can't imagine how an institution with such a tarnished history, past and present, manages to stay relevant. Kevin Spacey apparently forced himself sexually upon a few innocent victims. For that he was blackballed and his life utterly ruined. I was involved in a ministry whose leader was caught having sexual relations with a few women. It spelled the end of that otherwise very godly ministry. Now I don't condone what Kevin or my old minister did, but why do they get so castigated while the RC, who've committed far more egregious sins, goes on filling her coffers more and more each Sunday morning? And I'm not even speaking to the butchering of the scriptures they've caused in the church. That is the worse thing they've done and the news is silent in that regard.

I think one thing to keep in mind is it is not any individual Catholic who is at fault. It is rather an institutional problem. The people only know what they've been taught. Even the priest are only speaking the things they learned in seminary. They need to hear the truth of God's word if anything is to change. Speak the word in love.

Edited by rrobs
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Amen, rrobs. Sorta double standard. If someone could compile a brief history documentary with all the proven atrocities the RCC has committed over the centuries, you would wonder, how they are even allowed to exist as an organization, even though it is the most wealthy  entity in the world. Power. Worldly - spiritually. And the flock is in the dark.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

26 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Amen, rrobs. Sorta double standard. If someone could compile a brief history documentary with all the proven atrocities the RCC has committed over the centuries, you would wonder, how they are even allowed to exist as an organization, even though it is the most wealthy  entity in the world. Power. Worldly - spiritually. And the flock is in the dark.

I myself would have been burned at the cross a mere 500 years ago because much of my belief is counter to the RC doctrine. That sends chills up my spine whenever I think of it. But that's beside the point. As Bible believing Christians we need to pray for every Roman Catholic, including their priests, bishops, cardinals, and even the pope. We also need to speak the word to them whenever possible. I find in general that a Roman Catholic is at least open to hearing the scriptures which is a lot more than can be said about most other people. I myself went to Catholic school for 12 years with 1 hour of religion classes 5 days a week. I got nothing less than an "A" the entire time. I knew the verbiage well enough, but it didn't get me saved. Someone spoke God's word to me one day (not the Catechism) and I was born again in no time. God can save to the uttermost!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, rrobs said:

I can't imagine how an institution with such a tarnished history, past and present, manages to stay relevant. Kevin Spacey apparently forced himself sexually upon a few innocent victims. For that he was blackballed and his life utterly ruined. I was involved in a ministry whose leader was caught having sexual relations with a few women. It spelled the end of that otherwise very godly ministry. Now I don't condone what Kevin or my old minister did, but why do they get so castigated while the RC, who've committed far more egregious sins, goes on filling her coffers more and more each Sunday morning? And I'm not even speaking to the butchering of the scriptures they've caused in the church. That is the worse thing they've done and the news is silent in that regard.

I think one thing to keep in mind is it is not any individual Catholic who is at fault. It is rather an institutional problem. The people only know what they've been taught. Even the priest are only speaking the things they learned in seminary. They need to hear the truth of God's word if anything is to change. Speak the word in love.

Sadly, Protestant Churches arnt exempt. Many leaders of mega churches and Protestant Churches are stepping down for sexual misconduct and etc. The infection is not isolated to the RCC, it has spread into the Reformed and Evangelical sectors, Into Boy Scots, Into Hollywood, Into coaches of sports and beyond. This is not an RCC problem, it is pandemic that is spreading the globe; even sects of Hindus, Mexkcans, and Muslims are known to do this deplorable behavior to their children. 

This is a sin problem that is stretching like Aids across the globe and if we do not pray and correct/address it in our churches it will grow and we will return to the time of the Emperors of Rome and Herod Antipas whose depravity has no bounds. 

Oh Lord Jesus, come quickly! (Revelation 22:20). 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

And all the world wondered after the beast. To my knowledge, I don't know a reformer who didn't pinpoint the papacy as the beast, the great harlet of Revelation. 

So many of the protestants are coming back supporting the Papacy. A wile back the Lutheran church came out & said it was all a big mistake, I'm sure Luther wouldn't agree, they are not the only frontline denomination to cuddle up the the papacy. If anyone gets a chance to read the Jesuit creed it'll blow your mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Riccardo said:

And all the world wondered after the beast. To my knowledge, I don't know a reformer who didn't pinpoint the papacy as the beast, the great harlet of Revelation. 

So many of the protestants are coming back supporting the Papacy. A wile back the Lutheran church came out & said it was all a big mistake, I'm sure Luther wouldn't agree, they are not the only frontline denomination to cuddle up the the papacy. If anyone gets a chance to read the Jesuit creed it'll blow your mind.

And we wonder why Catholics don’t stay on Worthy long.. ?

They could have come around to the Reform, and even embraced Sola Scriptura, but you call people The Harlot and Babelyon long enough and well they don’t stick around. ☠️

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

but you call people The Harlot and Babelyon

If you carefully read my post I NEVER called catholic people Harlots & Babelyon. I would be doing many of my family a disservice if I did that.  

I was following the topic which is what I thought about the Papacy not catholic people.

4 hours ago, Davida said:

Many in my extended family are RC and I have attended 7 rc funerals. I've found the rc's  are very hard to reach because of the strong brainwashing by the Priests that convinces them that because of the religious traditions of the RCC they are a part of an elite special group of people that will go to heaven. Where as at my little protestant church, the feeling their is more of meek gratitude & awe that we are saved rather then feeling special and there is great emphasis on sharing the gospel with others.   

That’s interesting. Elitism I have encountered once, but generally there is a strong guilt complex with Catholics; in fact research and my own findings have found a connection between RCC ritual and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). If not guilt complex, RCs  have moral compartmentalizations as in I can sin all I want and just do penance later (Romans 6:1-14 confronts this), this is often seen in case of Mafia and is called cognitive dissonance. 

My intent is no disrespect to Catholics, these happen to be three sides: elitism, guilt, and dissonance. I have met Catholics who are of the Charisma stream and abandon teachings of Mariology, and I have seen Reformed Catholics who abandon the Papacy.  

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Catholics and non-Catholics who are depending on their works to save them will never have any rest or assurance in their salvation —- and they shouldn’t .They are lost.Paul clearly warned that “ adding to his Gospel” would make you “ accursed”.

• Thumbs Up 1