• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, ejected said:

The pastors are suppose to work secular jobs. 

12 tribes of Israel. One God set aside to do the priestly work and the other eleven supported this one tribe, namely Levi.    We can use this as an example of God's regard for his servants who are "Pastors".  Also, be realistic, in today's world, you can't step out the door without a wallet or you won't get far.  Believers wants the gospel to be heard and spread and most don't want to leave their castle.  Those who takes up the mantle to go and preach  and dedicate his time portion, must also work the grave yard shift to pay the taxi.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Scripture declares that you are to share materially with those that bring you the Gospel....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

45 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Scripture declares that you are to share materially with those that bring you the Gospel....

well my wife brought me the gospel, good thing cause I am unemployed. stand quietly with a sandwich board with the Gospel printed out on them. 1 corith 15: 1-4 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

In this case, I'm over 12 years overdue...

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

But let him who is taught in the word share all good things with him that teaches...". Gal 6:6.     Find a good teacher and help support him and you will share in the teachers Heavenly reward. Building Treasure in Heaven is how Jesus put it.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

6 hours ago, John_Leung said:

In this case, I'm over 12 years overdue...

I am 44 years over due. Smile. I know this is a hard message but i still believe the bible directives are eternal and would serve the ecclesia best. King David loved God with all his heart and had his own idea about hauling the ark. I'll leave it there. God bless one and all. Be free. In His hands. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

During the two year missionary journey  of my Lord God and Savior Jesus who manifested as  fully man and still was fully God, did he not have a treasury and an officer to tend that treasury?

Was the treasury supplied only by miracle? 

Did the 12 and Jesus  sell crystal uniorns on the side for those two years?

Were they fully self sufficient, or might there have been many love offerings? And, even sacrifical giving by  a poor widow or two  giving all they had instead of giving from their excess only?

Seems to me some were giving, giving even their all, while others gave absolutely nothing, even while receiving the message of Jesus  rejecting the messengers need. That's about the way it is today. The givers, sacrificially giving, as well as the self absorbed and the cheapest of pikers of today are little  different than the cast of real people on the world stage recorded in the Bible.

Some today are like the rich young man and a young ruler  who each said when called  by God to follow him; wait until my finances are set and then I will go, and also  wait for me to settle my father's estate ( Even while his father was still living), wait and when all is right, and I am secure in my  affluence  I will then come and serve you Lord.

And what did Jesus have to say to that?  

One goes in faith as called when called. It is by faith that  the obedient among the saints will make full excellent provision for the teachers/rabbis. Shame and double shame,  when one is not doing either, but instead is sitting at home holding onto one's  earthly treasure to and for one's self, demonstrating a complete lack of faith in the proposition  that God provides, and that his provision is perfect for the true need of each saint at all times, even times of hardship as well as times  of abundance.

Shame on me! Shame when I start to debate myself over the value of my creator and His local church, where I may worship Him with many others as a local corporate body made up of many parts. Where some are overseers, full time overseers teachers, some are  deacons, deaconesses, missionaries,  baby sitters, and others tend the toilets full time, each having need for excellent support from the full body there at each local church of my Lord's name.

A pastor teacher who studies the word, who goes tends the needs of members and attendees at hospitals, at hospice, at resthomes,  teaches other elders, teaches the whole flock, listens to those lacking faith  encourages each, and works funerals and weddings, and wedding re-inactments, and counsels and travels to teach other pastors expository preaching, and goes to retreat for reinvigorating of his own mind body and soul, and tends to his wife, and his children, and their schooling, and takes care  of his grandchildren on occasion, has no time for his family and to also  hold a job on the side and then also give of his own finances generously  to  God through his own local church body.

My own pastor does all these things. Would I have him go work a full time job too? Where is that time to come from? My pastor is on call  pretty much 24/6 for the local body and 7 when called. I should be pleased to give to the local body and have faith that the finance committee will have sense enough to pay him very well for his amazing perseverence at a hard task, a high calling.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Paul’s stance, “What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel.” (1 Corinthians 9:18). 

If you charge you run the risk of being controlled by those who pay you. An example is a pastor who wants to preach something but the board does not approve and they threaten him with the purse. 

However, in the same passage: 

In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel. But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.” (1 Corinthians 9:14-15)

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  178

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:43 AM, ejected said:

Are traveling preachers free to charge or are they charged to serve for free?

Is an offering suppose to be the preacher's idea or the idea of the giver?

Abraham gave a free will offering of 10% and that Guy was wealthy beyond measure. He should have given all the spoils to the Priest. That act of giving all may have started Catholicism right then.