What Happens to Threads?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

I was in a thread with shinygospelshoes regarding the Sabbath and what it means, it included a poll. It was called “Sabbath in the Bible.” 

What causes a thread to be deleted? Is it infighting and mods handle deleting it or does the memeber who started the thread have power to delete the thread. 

What determins the differance of a thread being closed or deleted; seen or erased? 

What happens to post Count (say you posted 150 times in a thread that is deleted)? 

What happens to your likes and reactions on a erased thread?

Just wanting some clarity. :) 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I was in a thread with shinygospelshoes regarding the Sabbath and what it means, it included a poll. It was called “Sabbath in the Bible.” 

What causes a thread to be deleted? Is it infighting and mods handle deleting it or does the memeber who started the thread have power to delete the thread. 

What determins the differance of a thread being closed or deleted; seen or erased? 

What happens to post Count (say you posted 150 times in a thread that is deleted)? 

I did a search of the Worthy site under "Deleted Threads"(73 hits), and confirmed what I had already surmised, that threads are either closed for further discussion, or deleted altogether by moderators as they are known on other forums. I think some are called servants here. Most often action is taken due to breaches of site rules and disregard for the Statement of Faith.

On 8/18/2018 at 8:38 PM, Yowm said:

Usually continual personal attacks will close down a thread the quickest. Yes, the OP can request his/her own thread be deleted.

One of the Mods usually makes that call, unless the OP requests it be deleted.

dunno. maybe they become 'Post' Toasties :th_frusty:

Thanks for the clarifications YOWM. I like your new avvie by the way. I have a similar one but with a red background. :) 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 8/16/2018 at 8:48 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

Generally speaking, we don't have time to read through threads and whenever a thread gets reported -- we'll review the thread.  However, you may have a situation where you have 7 reports queued -- all of them from one thread -- so whenever there's a bunch we have 2 options:

1st -- Try our best to clean the thread so it's can be discussed without the personal attacks.

2nd -- Move the thread to a subforum we created called (Deleted Threads) -- whereby anyone in the ministry can review the actions of the moderators, etc.

Nothing really gets deleted -- unless it's responses within a thread and it needs to be cleaned up.

Bottom line, we generally just ask that people follow the simple rules we've laid out so we can continue with our "Worthy Experiment!"

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

Thank you George for your clarifications. I now better understand the protocols. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Steward

4 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

Mods get touchy on certain topics.

Actually we probably only read 20% of the threads that are posted!  So the ONLY TIME we would go out of our way to READ a THREAD -- is when it is REPORTED!  As I said before, if it's reported a half dozen times -- it usually doesn't make it!  If its' reported once or twice -- we deal with the issue at hand -- and let it play itself out.  BUT I guarantee you -- if it's reported -- that's when we'll DEFINITELY read the reason why it was reported and decide if that needs any moderator!  We don't go out of our way to read topics at hand!  :)

God bless,

George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

One time I reported a topic and just said I thought it needed to be moved to the Outer Court.   Instead of it being moved, the thread disappeared...I did ask about it a couple of times and was told it was in the deleted section.

So now I am hesitant to report something like that as the thread might be deleted instead of just being moved.  The topic I mentioned had alot of good Biblical responses in it...it was the Lectio Divina topic started by a Catholic member.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Debp said:

One time I reported a topic and just said I thought it needed to be moved to the Outer Court.   Instead of it being moved, the thread disappeared...I did ask about it a couple of times and was told it was in the deleted section.

So now I am hesitant to report something like that as the thread might be deleted instead of just being moved.  The topic I mentioned had alot of good Biblical responses in it...it was the Lectio Divina topic started by a Catholic member.

I remember that thread. I posted in it too. I was wondering where the Lectio Divina thread went. Where is the deleted section? I would like to read some of the responses.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Steward

6 hours ago, Debp said:

I know the thread you're referring to -- and it was reported over a half dozen times.  So believe me ... it wasn't your report that was at issue.  :)

• Steward

When a Mod comes online -- we have a Report Center -- this is the thread -- Lectio Divina -- 

lectio-deleted.jpg

Obviously there's more info that I'm not sharing -- but believe me if it gets reported this many times within a few pages -- it's never going to last!  :)  That's why it was moved to a special forum called "Deleted Threads" where it'll remain for oversight and review by Worthy Watchman.  :)

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 1