IGNORED

Daniel 12:2 Who's sleeping in the dust?

Guest firefromheaven

Guest firefromheaven

As far as being booted out of chat I didn't do anything wrong. You/Worthy Ministries has a spirit of control especially in the chat room. I mostly praised the Lord and once in a while tried to talk to some people. But it's going to be hard to remember exactly the words that were said like you said the chat room is moving quickly and the words disappear. But I tell you one thing I wont go back into your chat room because of the spirit of control. How can someone reveal to you the spirit of control in words. I don't know how. You/Worthy Ministries needs to pray about it and see if what I'm saying is true. Ask the Lord to reveal to you what I mean.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then explain where the dead are and if as you say they are in heaven with God why do they need to rise if they have already risen?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again that is the resurrection of physical bodies of those in heaven.

God Bless,

Dave

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I will answer you...in my opinion that will be our mortal bodies raised immortal. Our soul and body are two...

Now I may not have answered to your satisfaction...but I am comfortable with my belief...

Now I ask you to answer a question...it was asked earlier in this thread but I seen not answered.

The theif on the cross speaking to Jesus.

Lord, remember me when You come into your kingdom. And Jesus said to him, "Assurdedly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise." Luke 23:42-43

Why would Jesus tell the man he would be with Him in Paradise if the man was going to be asleep in the grave until the last trump?

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

As far as being booted out of chat I didn't do anything wrong. You/Worthy Ministries has a spirit of control especially in the chat room. I mostly praised the Lord and once in a while tried to talk to some people. But it's going to be hard to remember exactly the words that were said like you said the chat room is moving quickly and the words disappear. But I tell you one thing I wont go back into your chat room because of the spirit of control. How can someone reveal to you the spirit of control in words. I don't know how. You/Worthy Ministries needs to pray about it and see if what I'm saying is true. Ask the Lord to reveal to you what I mean.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fire,

I am sorry you feel you were wronged, we at worthy have multiple levels of administration for the sole purpose of avoiding any one person or group of people from being controlling.

Now that being said you are partially correct, we do maintain some amount of control of the site, simply because this is a controlled enviroment, and if we did not have it moderated, trust me you would not believe the junk that gets posted. We strive to maintain a decent enviroment for Christian fellowship and the edification of the body of Christ.

God Bless,

Dave

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fire,

I am sorry you feel you were wronged, we at worthy have multiple levels of administration for the sole purpose of avoiding any one person or group of people from being controlling.

Now that being said you are partially correct, we do maintain some amount of control of the site, simply because this is a controlled enviroment, and if we did not have it moderated, trust me you would not believe the junk that gets posted. We strive to maintain a decent enviroment for Christian fellowship and the edification of the body of Christ.

God Bless,

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dave that was the only sentence that makes sense to me in all my questions here on this board.

Rock On ! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

sorry should have added this:

And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, "Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit." Having said this, He breathed His last. Luke 23:46

Our spirit we commit to God when we die...our body stays in the grave...Jesus' body was raised three days later...and so will our bodies be raised when it is time...but our spirit will be with the Lord.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

firefromheaven,

If I may offer my humble belief it is this. First that "paradise" and "heaven" are not synomous. The former is where we are shown and taught the spirit goes to be with the Lord at death. I have already given my reasons for holding this so I will spare you the pain of rereading them here. The latter, however, we are taught is not yet completed. Read:

John 14:2-3

In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

I see in this that Jesus left in part to prepare that final abode for the children of God. Not that heaven does not exist even at this point for we know that God the Father is there. Rather, as he states, it is so that he can prepare our place...as a husband prepares his home for the brining in of his bride.

Secondly, the manner in which he spake was needful for his hearers were living men from whom he would soon depart. Neither they, nor the Lord, knew the time of his return, and it was necessary to comfort them in that when he returned he would receive them [the living] unto himself.

I have full hope that on my death I shall go to be with my Lord and savior in paradise and that at the Lord's second coming I shall be raised again to a new and perfect body.

I put this forth as my belief but I do so in soft words. I may be wrong as surely as you, though I do not doubt the truth I have explained above. Ultimately, as I have said before, should I go to be with the Lord immediately or should I wait for a time in the grave, it is a small matter with me for I know I shall go to him and ever be with him.

In Christ,

Eric

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then explain where the dead are and if as you say they are in heaven with God why do they need to rise if they have already risen?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a legitimate question, that deserves an answer. At the moment of death, the spirit leaves the body and is immediately ushered either into the presence of the Lord, for those who die in Christ, or, for those who die without Christ to another place to await final judgement. Where the 'other place is' is uncertain, but we do know that it is not a pleasant place, according to the Bible. Ecc 12:7 says ".....the spirit returns to the Lord who gave it" .... so we know that no matter if a person is a believer, or a non-believer, his spirit remains in the control of God.

The Bible says "the dust (the body) returns to the ground, but the spirit returns to the Lord Who gave it." [Ecc. 12: 7]. Therefore, it is ONLY the body that is in the ground. When the rapture occurs, the body will be raised in glory, incorruptable and reunited with the spirit. All the dead will be raise, some to everlasting glory, and some to everlasting torment. The question was raised by someone regarding the bodies that are cremated, eaten by sharks, etc. The Bible and science agree that matter is neither being created nor destroyed..it changes form... but nothing new is being created. God knows where every molecule of everything He created is located in His creation ... it's probably not going to be difficult for Him to reassemble the dead when the time comes... even those bodies in graves are not complete because of decomposition (but this doesnt seem to trouble anyone much).

Jesus' account of the rich man and Lazarus clearly demonstrates that there is continuous conscious knowledge after death. The rich man knew he was not in a good place. He knew that Lazarus was in a good place. Lazarus was 'taken by the angels to Abraham's bosom'. The rich man wanted Abraham to send Lazarus to warn his brothers lest the same fate should befall them, so we see that Lazarus also had conscious awareness of his surroundings. This story is about the spirit of Lazarus, the spirit of the rich man, and the spirit of Abraham. How can we be sure? We can be sure because the account says that the rich man was buried. No doubt Lazarus was buried too, (even though it says he '...was takin by the angels...' this can only mean that his spirit was taken... since angels are non-corporial beings, and operate in the spirit world), and we know that Abraham was buried, and in fact, we know where he was buried ... next to Sarah in Mamre).

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The Bible says "the dust (the body) returns to the ground, but the spirit returns to the Lord Who gave it." [Ecc. 12: 7].  Therefore, it is ONLY the body that is in the ground. 

That's a good point!

The body sleeps; the spirit goes on.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Gen 2:7

Of course we all can agree that God made us from dust in the beginning.

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." Ecc. 12:7

The body turns to dust again, and the spirit goes back to God, who gave it. The spirit of every person who dies--whether righteous or wicked--returns to God at death.

The spirit that returns to God at death is the breath of life. Nowhere in all of God's book does the "spirit" have any life, wisdom, or feeling after a person dies. It is the "breath of life" and nothing more.

A soul is a living being. A soul is always a combination of two things: body plus breath. A soul cannot exist unless body and breath are combined. God's word teaches that we are souls.

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Gen. 2:7

Thus, those who die go to their grave and await the resurrection. There would be no purpose in a resurrection if people were taken to heaven at death.

"The soul that sinneth, it shall die." Ezekiel 18:20

We are souls, and souls die. Man is mortal (Job 4:17). Only God is immortal. The concept of an undying, immortal soul goes against the Bible, which teaches that souls are subject to death.

In Christ,

CarolineS