• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Davida said:

Wow , that is so wrong from what I read in the Bible. The NT is full of preaching as I read it. 

2Tim 2:4: 
"1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom: 2
Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reproverebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction

3 For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires.…"

Give us one example of a monologue sermon. 

22 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

1 Peter 5:2 Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, watching over them--not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve;
Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers.
Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

Jeremiah 3:15 "Then I will give you shepherds after My own heart, who will feed you on knowledge and understanding.

How do you like them apples, from God!

Whats goong on hear is a misunderstanding. Teaching is part of this deal. But so is an every member participation meeting. No one is saying there is no place for teaching.

17 minutes ago, RockyMidnight said:

Hello Michael37! Do you all speak Greek as well? Maybe you could give us more detail about how your Church actually operates. Those one liners simply leaves too much to conjecture, as the reactions here prove!

Care to share more please?

Cheers!!! :)

I'll answer it. See: 1Cor. 12 and 14, Ephesians 4, and Romans 12. Elders teach the newbies unto maturity then cut them loose to use their own gifts and functions. Rather than just warming a pew for the rest of their lives. Thats all we're saying. Its a body with many parts with many gifts all used to edify the whole. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

8 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Not one that does sermons, or thinks we need them.

I've travelled extensively over the years and have visited many churches. Many of those I would not go back to because they were off the scriptural rails, and some of it started with various forms of that statement.

42 minutes ago, Davida said:

I just :blink:did! 

That verse doesnt prove the monologue sermon. Preaching is testifying/witnessing. Teaching is done in the believers meeting. 

2 hours ago, ejected said:

I use the word of God to correct. I get accused of bashing when i do. 

That's going to happen any time you're challenging someone's beliefs, whether you or they are correct or not. A thick skin is needed assuming that the beliefs being shared are correct. There's non-salvific things I don't bother arguing about because they've been disputing from the beginning and we'll only get the real answers in glory.

42 minutes ago, Davida said:

Christians are to submit to the GOD ordained authorities that HE put over them as the Bible teaches. Those who don't submit to God's given authority, do not like the authority of Pastors.  It's too overbearing for some to have to listen to a man who has been appointed by God & who has studied to be approved to teach in season and out. 

Overseers/elders are not to lord it over His heritage. Folks are to submit to their teachings, be persuaded by them. We are to submit one to another as as far as the Holy Spirit dwells in each of us. 

Elders are not our lords and masters. God is our Lord and Master. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, walla299 said:

That's going to happen any time you're challenging someone's beliefs, whether you or they are correct or not. A thick skin is needed assuming that the beliefs being shared are correct. There's non-salvific things I don't bother arguing about because they've been disputing from the beginning and we'll only get the real answers in glory.

You are right as rain. I don't deal with the little things, only a big one. First century ecclesia that turned their world upside down in contrast to todays 'church' that has been turned upside down by the world. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

2 hours ago, ejected said:

Now if i had used that tone id be warned. How does that work?

What  about the NT gathering? Everyone shared as they matured. 

Also this. A sermon is a monologue. Only Jesus did this. No sermons there on forward. 

And this. How do you know the one man at the top isnt making mistakes or straying from holy writ?

ummm...since one of the spiritual gifts is teaching, seems it might be good to give that a go?

otherwise, it sounds like alot of personal interpretations I'm thinking

as far as knowing about making mistakes, the exact same can be said for people giving 'exhortations'

funny thing is, what does everyone think an exhortation is? LOL!

and how do you edify without truth from the word and how do you know it when you hear it if you are not taught?

questions.  I have lots. :29:

11 hours ago, ejected said:

You are right as rain. I don't deal with the little things, only a big one. First century ecclesia that turned their world upside down in contrast to todays 'church' that has been turned upside down by the world. 

Hmm . . . ever think maybe you're looking at the wrong churches?