• Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

40 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

And this explains so much.Ā 

It's not for those content to be glued to their pews, never reading or studying the Word of God themselves, happy to get their fix from the pulpiteering elite, and content to be like the peasant class in the days when only Latin scholars were allowed access to the Bible.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

10 hours ago, Michael37 said:

It's not for those content to be glued to their pews, never reading or studying the Word of God themselves, happy to get their fix from the pulpiteering elite, and content to be like the peasant class in the days when only Latin scholars were allowed access to the Bible.

Ā 

that's quite an interpretation of what others, concerned, have said here

it seems you also take liberty with how you 'revise' other posts

and it also seems the attitude remarked on by some at the beginning of this thread, is not misnamed

who do you think you are talking to here?Ā  if the attitude displayed in your post above is indicative of the atmosphere in your 'meetings' a person might believe, and be forgiven for believing, that one begins toĀ think more highly of themself than theyĀ ought to

the Bible indicates freedom in Christ in a body of believers for the gifts of the Spirit to operate but not as an alternative to the word that has already been delivered once and for all

there are groups operating pretty much as loosely as what you describe, such as NAR..new apostolic reformation...and they are makingĀ inroads into churches who seem to have forgotten that extra-biblical messages are not necessarily from God at all

but it seems people continue to consume this hogwash of 'the Bible is ok but it's holding us back' to the detriment of those determined to understand with their minds as well as their spirits, with a good sprinkling of 'we are busy doing things' and much better than you pew sitters who do not have the liberty to do our own thing as the 'spirit' leads

Ā 

seen that, been there, left.Ā  chaos

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

15 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Funny thing. I seem to remember something called the Reformation . . . that started with some folks who thought the Roman Catholic church had gotten too far from Scripture and wanted to call it back - but God had other plans. People died so you could read the Bible in your native language - some still die today among groups that don't have the Bible in their own language yet. This is not an attack, but all I seem to be seeing here is what appears to be a real problem with authority in the church. Paul had some things to write to Timothy about that and its mentioned in his other letters too.

I get it that someone would have an issue with the modern churches. I've traveled extensively over the years and I've been badly mistreated in some places, but certainly not all. I've been able to be a part of some wonderful gatherings - and some that were so far out of the park they didn't realize the game was over in Revelation. I've also had very sincere people tell me I wasn't saved because I hadn't done or didn't have something they thought was necessary, but guess what: God ordained the NT church and its part of His plan - and I'm supposed to be part of that as a believer. He's got me in a good place now, but that can change as He allows it.

The best churches I've ever been to were the ones that weren't on main street with fancy buildings and pricey cars in the parking lot. Most have been "hole in the wall" places where God still works among His people. Perhaps you're looking at the wrong churches. Just sayin'.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21

12 hours ago, Davida said:

"pulpeteering elite" , "peasant class" - you mean Men called by GODĀ to teach,Ā Ā who've gone to seminary?Ā  Ā Perhaps I detectĀ Ā is a spirit ofĀ bitterness & rebellion.

Not bitterness or rebellion, quite the opposite. It is those who dupe the congregation into thinking they are the only ones who God can speak through that are in rebellion.

12 hours ago, walla299 said:

The best churches I've ever been to were the ones that weren't on main street with fancy buildings and pricey cars in the parking lot. Most have been "hole in the wall" places where God still works among His people. Perhaps you're looking at the wrong churches. Just sayin'.

Not interested in "churches" as such, but faithful in the assembling of the ekklesia and the exhorting of one another as per Hebrews 10, which doesn't have to take place in an institutionally sanctioned setting or building.

Heb 10:24-25
(24) Ā And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
(25) Ā Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Ā 

How much exhorting of one another takes place in pews???

12 hours ago, Sevenseas said:

Ā 

that's quite an interpretation of what others, concerned, have said here

it seems you also take liberty with how you 'revise' other posts

and it also seems the attitude remarked on by some at the beginning of this thread, is not misnamed

who do you think you are talking to here?Ā  if the attitude displayed in your post above is indicative of the atmosphere in your 'meetings' a person might believe, and be forgiven for believing, that one begins toĀ think more highly of themself than theyĀ ought to

the Bible indicates freedom in Christ in a body of believers for the gifts of the Spirit to operate but not as an alternative to the word that has already been delivered once and for all

there are groups operating pretty much as loosely as what you describe, such as NAR..new apostolic reformation...and they are makingĀ inroads into churches who seem to have forgotten that extra-biblical messages are not necessarily from God at all

but it seems people continue to consume this hogwash of 'the Bible is ok but it's holding us back' to the detriment of those determined to understand with their minds as well as their spirits, with a good sprinkling of 'we are busy doing things' and much better than you pew sitters who do not have the liberty to do our own thing as the 'spirit' leads

seen that, been there, left.Ā  chaos

None of what you have posted in any way resembles our regular gatherings and continual association, Sevenseas. We are veheminently opposed to NAR and Emergent and any deviation from the Scripture. Have you people not familiarised yourselves with all the references to simple gatherings of the early Christians who met in homes? A degree from a seminary will get the professional clergy a living, how many of the 12 disciples had them? The way Jesus taught is quite different from the Greek and Roman style of rhetoric and philosophy that the "professionals" cultivate as if God only speaks through their sermon points.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You say you never oppose the preaching of the Gospel, but your church has zero organization and you insult every person in churches that is notĀ yours, the leaders and laity alike.Ā  I detect arrogance and I detect a "better that you" attitude that should not exist in a believer.

Perhaps if you had a leader that was actually called to the position instead of a group of disenfranchised people who just think they have something better than the original layout from the Bible for church and decided to just kind of fumble through something like a church and actually taught a set doctrine you would not have had to "punish" a young couple.Ā  Perhaps they ran afoul because none of you are actually teaching anyone anything.Ā  By the way you describe both of them it is clear that you feel no remorse for them or having to loose them from the church.Ā  There is no concern for their well-being in your post.Ā  This is why people who suddenly become embittered by something within a church they went to should not go out on their own and just throw something together that they suddenly brand a church.Ā  It's clear you believe you know better than the Apostles did of how to conduct church, but your attitude belies that belief.

Your assumptions and speculations are way off, Cobalt1959.Ā 

On ā€Ž8ā€Ž/ā€Ž18ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 4:12 PM, Cobalt1959 said:

Still waiting for you to explain to me how the pesky problem of personal accountability is worked out in your church model.Ā  You have Anglicans mixing withĀ  Pentecostals which creates a doctrinal nightmare.

This is not a problem. How can it be when, as I previously posted, institutional and denominational affiliations and formats are all done with, as Paul said, we count them as dung.Ā 

44 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Not interested in "churches" as such, but faithful in the assembling of the ekklesia and the exhorting of one another as per Hebrews 10, which doesn't have to take place in an institutionally sanctioned setting or building.

Heb 10:24-25
(24) Ā And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
(25) Ā Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Ā 

How much exhorting of one another takes place in pews???

Quite a bit, actually. Its called a community for a reason even if its only a small number of believers. Why do you seem to have such a huge hatred for the the church? Again, Paul was pretty clear about the authority structure in his letter to Timothy. "Church" does not have to mean big campuses with expensive buildings, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

None of what you have posted in any way resembles our regular gatherings and continual association, Sevenseas. We are veheminently opposed to NAR and Emergent and any deviation from the Scripture. Have you people not familiarised yourselves with all the references to simple gatherings of the early Christians who met in homes? A degree from a seminary will get the professional clergy a living, how many of the 12 disciples had them? The way Jesus taught is quite different from the Greek and Roman style of rhetoric and philosophy that the "professionals" cultivate as if God only speaks through their sermon points.

Interesting attitude displayed here, but I'm not seeing much in the way of exhortation or even of patient instruction like Paul talked about.