• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Revelation 4 King James Version (KJV)

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

When it says a door was opened what does it mean by the word door?And what does john mean he was in the spirit?

I am confused.:(

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

John was a man, alive, but his consciousness, his soul/spirit, was taken to Heaven for him to see wonders. Through a "spiritual", not a literal, door.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/18/2018 at 8:01 AM, zorgblar said:

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

When it says a door was opened what does it mean by the word door?And what does john mean he was in the spirit?

Door could have been His way of describing an opening fro this reality into the Heavenly realm..

In the Spirit i believe means He was having a vision his conscience left His own body and he went into the spiritual dimension.. He did not travel to heaven physically in His earthly body.. But his spirit left His body and entered into heaven..I believe His Spirit for a time was given a perfected heavenly body because later in revelation he did physical things like take a book and eat it..

Revelation 10:  KJV

And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,446
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/17/2018 at 5:01 PM, zorgblar said:

My personal opinion...

Today in this modern age we might describe it as; a portal opened to another dimension to heaven. Whether figuratively in a vision or literally, it appears John was 'translated', as sin, flesh & blood can not enter Heaven.

I believe this is symbolic of the Rapture of the church also for a number of reasons.