• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

- Being a follower of Jesus The Christ most my life

I think I heard every possible 'end time prophecy' scenario for God's people.

- But now I'm thinking we could be in the time of The 4th Seal.

Which by the way we have nothing to fear from as

it's of 'the fourth part of the earth'. -  Rev.6:7,8 Greek.

And Hades following Death isn't for God's people.

I believe 'the fourth part of the earth' to be over in the middle east'.

Edited by RevelationWriter

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

This may seem off topic...

When did we get to truth consisting of, "I think....", or "I believe..." instead of, "The Lord says...", "As it is written...", or "The scriptures say..."?

I don't see where it's ok just to believe anything and it's truth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

12 hours ago, Diaste said:

When did we get to truth consisting of, "I think....", or "I believe..." instead of, "The Lord says...", "As it is written...", or "The scriptures say..."?

Or, you may exactly on topic. Just saying.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

12 hours ago, Diaste said:

He did give a scripture reference, but that has to be reasoned as it is not "clear as mud" to many, hence "his thinking".  Everyone does it here and one can quote scripture till .... , but it still needs explaining in our own tongue.  Is it not reasoning, that even the concordances are written also with.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

I think we are right before the rise of the little horn person in the EU.

Then Gog/Magog.

Then the 7 years of Daniel 9:27.   Which the first seal is the Antichrist becoming leader of Israel.

Then the Antichrist betraying the Jews, to be revealed as the man of sin.

Then him being killed and brought back to life as the beast.

The the 42 months of the beast ~ the second half of the 7 years.

8 hours ago, warrior12 said:

He did give a scripture reference, but that has to be reasoned as it is not "clear as mud" to many, hence "his thinking".  Everyone does it here and one can quote scripture till .... , but it still needs explaining in our own tongue.  Is it not reasoning, that even the concordances are written also with.

I get that but it wasn't the point I was trying to make. For quite some time I have heard so many say, "I believe..." used as evidence for the conclusion. As if to say, "I believe it means this to me, therefore it's truth."

As in this statement in the OP.

21 hours ago, RevelationWriter said:

I believe 'the fourth part of the earth' to be over in the middle east'.

I'm not saying this is incorrect, but it cannot be correct just because of individual conviction. The above is 'believed' by the writer, truth or not, yet now it is true by belief, to this person, and perhaps many others as well.

I just think we should go through a more rigorous process to ascertain the truth in the Lord. For instance;

Rev 6

"7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

In this passage 'earth' is 'ge'. This is defined as,  the earth, soil, land, region, country, inhabitants of a region, depending on usage. The main idea of 'ge' is the physical earth, where we dwell, the physical realm before eternity is entered. 

In light of this the fourth part of the earth is 1/4 of the whole planet, meaning 1/4 of the population of the whole planet is killed by the above listed means. 

On a more temporal, hard fact level, since it's 1/4 of all the people on earth that suffer the death of Rev 6:7-8, and if there are 7 billion people on earth, that mean Rev 6:8 says 1.75 billion people will die. There simply are not that many people in the Mideast. Further Rev 6:7-8 does not confine to a region the cause and effects listed. 

So no matter the personal take, the hard evidence takes precedence.

That being said we are all free to believe as we wish, right or wrong.

I'm gonna keep my head down and go with what the Lord actually says.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

So no matter the personal take, the hard evidence takes precedence.

That being said we are all free to believe as we wish, right or wrong.

I'm gonna keep my head down and go with what the Lord actually says.

Can't argue with that. The OP has to give his response now as you have made your case and presented some numbers to substantiate it.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

Rev 6

"7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

In this passage 'earth' is 'ge'. This is defined as,  the earth, soil, land, region, country, inhabitants of a region, depending on usage. The main idea of 'ge' is the physical earth, where we dwell, the physical realm before eternity is entered. 

In light of this the fourth part of the earth is 1/4 of the whole planet, meaning 1/4 of the population of the whole planet is killed by the above listed means. 

I agree because this is the time when nation rises against nation and kingdom against kingdom.  I guess you could have nations and kingdoms within 1/4 of the earth's land mass but then would that mean that every single person within those kingdoms and nations is killed?  Otherwise, what's the point of using the quantifier of 1/4?  It has to be a reference to people dying because dirt doesn't die.  So, essentially its either:

• 1/4 of the earth's population dies or
  • everyone within an area the size of 1/4 of the earth's land mass dies.

The second one doesn't seem likely, especially since the man of sin is given authority over every nation, people, tribe and tongue.  The time of war, and his supernatural signs and wonders that end it, is what causes his rise to power.

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

I agree because this is the time when nation rises against nation and kingdom against kingdom.  I guess you could have nations and kingdoms within 1/4 of the earth's land mass but then would that mean that every single person within those kingdoms and nations is killed?  Otherwise, what's the point of using the quantifier of 1/4?  It has to be a reference to people dying because dirt doesn't die.  So, essentially its either:

The second one doesn't seem likely, especially since the man of sin is given authority over every nation, people, tribe and tongue.  The time of war, and his supernatural signs and wonders that end it, is what causes his rise to power.

Exactly. Which is the very reason there are issues with the concept of "I believe...". Personal conviction flies in the face of fact and reality in nearly every case. As we look around the political scene in the USA we see this plague growing larger and more virulent almost daily.

When Jesus said, "... Be not afraid, only believe." He was speaking of a tangible power, spiritual in nature, with great effect in the physical realm; a real power with real cause and effect from a living source. Like this example:

"27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.

28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole."

This woman believed in those things which she heard about Jesus, and perhaps witnessed this power of life given to others. But it was the belief in the pre-existent reality of healing power that allowed the healing. Same with belief in the person of Jesus and His god nature. One cannot just decide to believe the Truth is a personal conviction, and that deep conviction is reality; that conviction in the truth must be born of tangible assets, like the reality of the salvation of the Lamb and not, the moon is made of green cheese.

Saying, "I believe the 1/4 of the earth is the Mideast." from Rev 6:8, is tantamount to believing Billy Pilgrim actually was captured by aliens and taken to Tralframadore. :)

I apologize if I come off a little passionate here, I just find the whole concept very daring, tragically so.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Now one must consider that this 1/4 of those on earth which are killed maybe located in the 1/3 of the earth which is burned later.  If one looks at population numbers, approximately 1/4 of the worlds population now lives in the Western Hemisphere including Australia.  When you look deeper, this same area occupies exactly 1/3 of the worlds land mass.  Really this part of the world has nothing to do with Armageddon. No way to get there.

In Christ

Montana Marv