Sign in to follow this  
Fidei Defensor

Jurassic Park/Jurassic World

35 minutes ago, Debp said:

Interesting you worked on the script!   So are you still involved in scripts or film work?

No, but here is the thing. My mentor is a script writer for Hollywood and I showed her my script. In my Script there was going to be a new antagonist, Giganotosaurus, a meat eater that is twice as tall as T-Rex and Spino, and has two crests over the eyes (I even drew a skeleton) for it. Well guess what, Jurassic World’s Indonimus Rex is part Giganotosaurus (Trevorrow admits). 

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Giganotosaurus

My mentor actually would fix scripts, she helped with a couple of the Mission Impossible films. I cannot be sure and I could be speculating, but JPiV was in production and script crisis, and so maybe she sent some of my stuff to help it become JW. I don’t know, and I don’t want to get a big head. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

7 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

No, but here is the thing. My mentor is a script writer for Hollywood and I showed her my script. In my Script there was going to be a new antagonist, Goganotosaurua, a meat eater that is twice as tall as T-Rex and Spino, and has two crests over the eyes (I even drew a skeleton) for it. Well guess what, Jurassic World’s Indonimus Rex is part Giganotosaurus (Trevorrow admits). 

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Giganotosaurus

My mentor actually would fix scripts, she helped with a couple of the Mission Impossible films. I cannot be sure and I could be speculating, but JPiV was in production and script crisis, and so maybe she sent some of my stuff to help it become JW. I don’t know, and I don’t want to get a big head. 

Sounds like maybe they used some of your ideas!   That's great!

I enjoy a good movie once in awhile....not getting around so much these years, caregiver to my mom, etc.  So a good movie is a little diversion for me.

12 minutes ago, Debp said:

Sounds like maybe they used some of your ideas!   That's great!

I enjoy a good movie once in awhile....not getting around so much these years, caregiver to my mom, etc.  So a good movie is a little diversion for me.

It would be neat if my script was somehow useful to JW. However, JW was not my vision for Jurassic Park IV. 

Reslly? I am caregiver to my mother and we seek diversion by watching movies too lol 

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

It would be neat if my script was somehow useful to JW. However, JW was not my vision for Jurassic Park IV. 

Reslly? I am caregiver to my mother and we seek diversion by watching movies too lol 

Actually, my mom doesn't care for movies much.   She did watch most of Jurassic Park with me when it was on TV recently!  She does like watching the old Columbo movies and Vera (British detective on PBS) but I usually have to explain the plots.

7 minutes ago, Debp said:

Actually, my mom doesn't care for movies much.   She did watch most of Jurassic Park with me when it was on TV recently!  She does like watching the old Columbo movies and Vera (British detective on PBS) but I usually have to explain the plots.

My mom watched everything, we just watched “Little Big Man,” (Dustin Hoffman), we watched all of Star Trek: Discovery and she loves the Jurassic Park franchise. She tried to get me to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom lol. :D 

Must say I really liked all the original trilogy and watch them over many times.

I did also like JW but I went in without expecting too much.

I think it is quite fun but will inevitably suffer if you try to judge it by the originals.

Its the same for such iconic films / franchises.

Same for Star Wars I guess, although I quite enjoyed Epis 1 myself, again because I tried not to do that thing! 

I watched Fallen Kingdom for the first time last month. Loved it. Quite interested to see how they follow up on that ending in the next film.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:33 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

I’ve enjoyed the original trilogy: JP, TLWJP (The Lost World: Jurassic Park), and JPIII. I did not particularly like Jurassic World (JW), it felt devoid of the soul of the JP franchise. I actually haven’t seen Fallen Kingdom because I was so disappointed with JW. 

The problem JP/JW faces is that you can only do “dinos run amok” so many times before it become part of Shark feeding frenzy movies. If they return to deeper philosophy and the dangers of chaos theory and bio engineering it would perhaps recover some ground. 

I agree, bio-engineering, cloning, and etc is dangerous and spells problems for our way of life. 

Jurassic Park was the best of the original trilogy, without a doubt.  Jurassic World had a weaker story to work with.  Bringing the military into the story line was a weak Hollywood plot element that showcased their left-wing disdain for the military.

Did anyone see Fallen Kingdom?  How was it?   The original Jurassic Park is my favorite so far....love the scene where the water in the glass is vibrating as the dinosaur approaches in the evening!   Also, when they are climbing the fence and the electric is about to be switched back on!   Other good scenes as well....love the rain scene.