• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  948
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,507
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,   A subtopic that opened up in a welcome thread has me wandering through whether God is static or fluid, and especially if God is a being at all?  So I share the following for simple conversation and not as a doctrine.

God Being - Human Being - Beings

Beings are things that exist. God exists so is God a being?

Somehow I think that  is not the case. God exists in three persons, but is one God. Okay, is that a unity of beings, or is it God who created all that is, all beings. If God is creator of beings, is God a creation a being of God's own will? Somehow I see God is higher, greater than  being. God is the source of all being, and not a being. Seems to me God is neither static, nor fluid or evolving, for God is not limited as are all that are created under God's sovereign will and awesome power to will all that God wills. God simply is, He was before there was being.

God just doesn't seem to  me to  fit well  into an encompassing by language, not under the limitation of human language. The fifty plus attributes of God found in language when summed is infinitely beyond the capacity of language itself other than to say -  God.

Yes? No? It just seems to me the only limit on God God overcame. God cannot abide sin. God made atonement for sin, perfection taking on imperfection and reconciling imperfection  of sin to perfection by the work and obedience of God the Son Jesus, our Lord and savior who is the reconciler.

"God", no wonder some find it a word not to pronounce, nor try to write. That word, does it do  justice to what I call God, even though it does not seem to encompass all that is deity? God being beyond simply being,  language seems incomplete.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I think if you reflect on The Word you may get the answer you are looking for. For example, reflect on this verse: "Be still, and know that I am God". 

I want to reflect with you:

"Be still..." what does this mean? To be mentally still? Maybe?

"...and know..." maybe means "to experience"...

"...that I am God" and God is love (1 John 4:8)

And by the way, we have the answer right there in 1 John 4:8 - God is love. And you may continue to reflect on that.

Ok, this was just a quick reflection. You may reflect further and deeper. 

Hope I could help.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  948
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,507
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I actually  "see" God as outside of time for He created it. God is more than what I think of as a being,  Jesus having created all that is created. Before all, was God

If there are dispensations  it seems to me there must be  a dispensation of time before time and I think a time after time itself. The first a void, the latter  the fullness of all creation to where there is no void. God is awesome beyond and greater than than all of that as I see God. Fact I cannot see God, not because God is Spirit, but because God is larger than my mind's eye can perceive.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God is very personal... in fact He relates our promised relationship as Husband and wife. The fact that God exceeds us is not to be our focus, for how can it, but what can be understood should be our meditation day and night till He takes us home and enlarges us

1 John 3:2-3 (KJV)

2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

The issues of s/Spiritual matters lies within the everlasting not the things that are passing away

1 Corinthians 2:14-16 (KJV)

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,436
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I'm unsure what you're implying, but God had no beginning (He always was, Alpha & Omega) and has no end. As far as human language and our limited understanding to comprehend much less communicate it, I believe the Apostle Paul hints at it in 2 Cor 12: 4. 

2 Corinthians 12:4 (KJV) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Hebrews 13:8 (KJV) Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. This is fixed in concrete so to speak; and is not fluid, changeable or debatable. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,   A subtopic that opened up in a welcome thread has me wandering through whether God is static or fluid, and especially if God is a being at all?  So I share the following for simple conversation and not as a doctrine.

God Being - Human Being - Beings

Beings are things that exist. God exists so is God a being?

Somehow I think that  is not the case. God exists in three persons, but is one God. Okay, is that a unity of beings, or is it God who created all that is, all beings. If God is creator of beings, is God a creation a being of God's own will? Somehow I see God is higher, greater than  being. God is the source of all being, and not a being. Seems to me God is neither static, nor fluid or evolving, for God is not limited as are all that are created under God's sovereign will and awesome power to will all that God wills. God simply is, He was before there was being. 

God just doesn't seem to  me to  fit well  into an encompassing by language, not under the limitation of human language. The fifty plus attributes of God found in language when summed is infinitely beyond the capacity of language itself other than to say -  God.

Yes? No? It just seems to me the only limit on God God overcame. God cannot abide sin. God made atonement for sin, perfection taking on imperfection and reconciling imperfection  of sin to perfection by the work and obedience of God the Son Jesus, our Lord and savior who is the reconciler.

"God", no wonder some find it a word not to pronounce, nor try to write. That word, does it do  justice to what I call God, even though it does not seem to encompass all that is deity? God being beyond simply being,  language seems incomplete.

Seems to me God is neither static, nor fluid or evolving, for God is not limited as are all that are created under God's sovereign will and awesome power to will all that God wills. God simply is, He was before there was being.

YEP.   GOD always was is and never changes .  the constant , the absolute .  

• Thanks 1