• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Yowm said:

The last phrase is simply a description of those who are IN Christ Jesus.

That is the most important part of the verse that is casually ignored by nominal Christians. They are aware of the first part of the verse only

12 hours ago, other one said:

I don't see any more false things there as I see in most other denominations, just different....   and yes I have been to most of them and not just visiting but involved.

You do find merits and demerits in all denominations and sects. We need to pick the best. I too have been involved with many groups.

11 hours ago, Neighbor said:

So thought the twelve Apostles as they argued among themeselves,  two even with their mother helping to contend for recognition of her own as the highest followers of Jesus;

..."An argument arose among them as to which of them was the greatest.  But Jesus, knowing the reasoning of their hearts, took a child and put him by his side  and said to them, “Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me. For he who is least among you all is the one who is great.”....

That seems to me to be a pretty nominal standard spoken by God the Son to those many think of as the highest of human authorities and teachers under Christ Jesus.

Plus; I can hand out a glass of cool water in the name of my Lord Jesus too!

Trying to rise up above others or to look down upon others is pride!

God is not a trickster. God does not play gotcha games. He has not made a yoke so complex that few can wear it. 

Without striving on our part to be holy or perfect, salvation is a closed door

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Paul said this,not me......Paul said nothing in his epistles that Jesus did not tell him to.The Holy Spirit,in fact, is behind every word that the Bible says.Paul, Moses, Peter, etc. were merely secretaries who put pen to paper.Jesus, not Paul of course paid the price for all the sins of the world—- Paul shows us how to “ cash in.” Jesus revealed to Paul the “ Mysteries” that hitherto were unknown to the world.We need to follow the Marching Orders Of Jesus when He tells us to follow Paul.God bless.

Jesus never said to follow Paul. We need imitate Jesus not any rank outsider. The Holy Spirit was sent to remind us of Jesus' words.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I could swear I hear the voice of Dr. Gene Scott in there somewhere.....lol.....that would be a GOOD thing! Ironically, I am about to go for a ride on the Harley and will get back to you later......pray that my breaks work . Meanwhile, “ Faith is an Action, Based on a belief, sustained by Confidence .” Simple as ABC. Ring a bell?  Lol.....later....

You read waaaaaaaaay too much into the Harley brake analogy( btw, brakes worked great this evening, thanks for your prayers lol) I could have talked about the trust we put in chairs ,gas pedals,or even the belts we trust to hold up our Levi’s .So easily we trust in the mundane things of everyday life, but many,many times we are scared to step out in faith regarding a promise of God—- a God who can not lie.

I agree that no man comes to God On his own..”anyone can come , but no one comes lest the Spirit draw him” The initiative starts with God.The Holy Spirit must create the contrite heart that is ready to cry out for the Gospel thAt will save him.The unsaved man needs to repent—- not of his sins—— but turn (repent) to God and God will turn to him.Nowhere in the KJV Bible doe it say to repent from sins in order to be saved. The Greek word the translators called “ repent” means to “ have a change of mind”. ....changing one’s mind from your self- righteousness thinking of your works to His Grace as being His way of salvation.  1 Cor15:1-4 has the repentance God demands for salvation built into it .If you believe the first half of the Gospel—“Jesus died for our sins” that shows you see yourself as a lost sinner who needs a Savior. THAT is repentance for Salvation.Daily repentance will occur after one is saved.Anytime our “ old man” overcomes our “ new nature” we need to repent of those sins and confess them.Not to stay saved , but to restore peace of mind and fellowship with God.An unrepentant Believer is going to have a hard time getting his prayers answered if he sins and remains unrepentant.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

Jesus never said to follow Paul. We need imitate Jesus not any rank outsider. The Holy Spirit was sent to remind us of Jesus' words.

1cor11:1.  Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ

1cor4:16  You are to imitate me,just as I imitate Christ

Phil.3:17.  My fellow Christians,imitate me more and more...

There May be a few more,but I think I proved my point.......

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,545
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Knowingtruth said:

Without striving on our part to be holy or perfect, salvation is a closed door

Have to disagree. I did not strive. I resisted. God would have none of that. It was God first loved me while I still resisted even acknowledging his existence.

God does answer prayer of His saints in Christ. He answered the prayers of one for me, and I had no capacity to resist the call by the Holy Spirit to turn about to my own repentance as answer to the prayers of a saint in Christ Jesus. For thirty five years plus God has been pulling me to where he will have me to serve,in times I was eager and in times I was not. My salvation is all of God's doing and none of mine except to have had to acknowledge with some excitement at the time that  if it is true that Jesus is God and is my salvation I want it. it is still that way today. i want it, and it is certain by His doing and not by mine. I serve as best I can  but that is not my salvation. Jesus is my salvation, by His sacrifice on the cross by His shed blood by His taking on my shame. There is no merit within me that saves me, none. I am saved by God's grace and mercy alone.

• This is Worthy 1

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

1cor11:1.  Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ

1cor4:16  You are to imitate me,just as I imitate Christ

Phil.3:17.  My fellow Christians,imitate me more and more...

There May be a few more,but I think I proved my point.......

You have proved nothing. Self-claims can hardly be called an endorsement.

20 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Have to disagree. I did not strive. I resisted. God would have none of that. It was God first loved me while I still resisted even acknowledging his existence.

God does answer prayer of His saints in Christ. He answered the prayers of one for me, and I had no capacity to resist the call by the Holy Spirit to turn about to my own repentance as answer to the prayers of a saint in Christ Jesus. For thirty five years plus God has been pulling me to where he will have me to serve,in times I was eager and in times I was not. My salvation is all of God's doing and none of mine except to have had to acknowledge with some excitement at the time that  if it is true that Jesus is God and is my salvation I want it. it is still that way today. i want it, and it is certain by His doing and not by mine. I serve as best I can  but that is not my salvation. Jesus is my salvation, by His sacrifice on the cross by His shed blood by His taking on my shame. There is no merit within me that saves me, none. I am saved by God's grace and mercy alone.

Are you a saint and disciple of Jesus? God's love will not continue if you don't prove with a transformed life. One has to work out salvation with fear and trembling. Grace with truth, not just grace

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Has anyone mentioned their pro LGBQT stance? Homo marriage stance?  Full support. 

Started out with false notion about water baptism. And now. Lo and behold. Deceptions have away of begetting other deceptions.