• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1977

On 8/22/2018 at 8:01 PM, GandalfTheWise said:

From what I've heard and read from Christian women who were chronically sexually abused as children, there is a deep rooted shame, pain, and fear that reaches out and affects many parts of their life including often how they view God as Father and men.  It's not a matter of simply trying harder to stop any sinful behaviors or feelings that result from this, it is something buried terribly deep within that God needs to work to heal them of. 

Yes Gandalf, you are truly Wise!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,701
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

There is no such thing as innocent. Romans 3:23

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

This topic is to show others how the effects of peoples sins are a burden on the innocent.

On 8/23/2018 at 5:00 AM, Yowm said:

Fine. Who are the innocent?

I think the OP meant sins/evil-works/Law-breaking(EXODUS.20:1-17) like murders, adulteries, rapes, stealing/thefts/burglaries, frauds/cheating, bearing false witness, blasphemy, idolatry, etc, and not fallen Man's inherited Adam's Original Sin(ROMANS.5:12).

So, the innocent are the victims of sins/crimes/evil-works/Law-breaking who suffer burdens, harm, offenses, loss, etc. The guilty are the sinners/criminals/offenders/evil-workers/Law-breakers who are often motivated by greed, lust, jealousy, hate, anger, etc in their hearts.

Edited by discipler777

On 8/22/2018 at 7:25 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

Well , as I am sure you will agree.    How bout the SIN MURDER on the unborn babies .      The babies don't yet know evil and good , they don't know anything

yet ,  free thinkers got no problems having them crushed and sucked right out the womb .      Yeah .    I would surely say that is just plain evil . 

I can can think of many examples right off hand of innocent individuals who had crimes perpetrated against them. The other end of the spectrum is guilty . A victim is guilty of nothing. We have plenty scripture where God speaks on innocence outright or with likened words. A few scripture in exodus and psalms specifically mentions innocence.

42 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

yes. this is true. Gods healing continues, but even after 4 decades since it stopped, my healing is still ongoing. Thank you for making this point.

Lord Jesus heal sisters heart. Comfort her . Amen

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

52 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Our sins are our own, not Adam's, and we ought to own up to them.

And this is what we must all realize .    we all would have fallen as did adam and eve .     And I can prove this .     Has anyone ever sinned even one time .

THEN EXACTLY .     But ,  I have to leave us with good news too .    JESUS CAME TO SET THE CAPTIVES FREE.  AND IN HIM is FORGIVENESS and RECONCILATION

Now throw those hands up and lets PRAISE THE LORD .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,701
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

8 hours ago, maryjayne said:

rape victims, or murder victims are innocent of any wrongdoing, for example. I think that is the meaning of the OP's term 'innocent'

@Ed J have I understood what you mean correctly?

not true. Well, in a sense-theyre innocent in that they didnt deserve to be raped and shouldnt have been, but to God, theyre still not "innocent" So I guess it depends on the way your looking at it.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, Ed J said:

This topic is to show others how the effects of peoples sins are a burden on the innocent.

You know everyone sins? Right.

Ephesians chapter 2 verses 14-19
For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two. thus making peace and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. Consequently , you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household.

Hebrews chapter 7 verses 11,12 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood for on the basis of it the law was given to the people why was there still need for another priest to come one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law.
John chapter 15 verse 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
Galatians chapter 5 verse 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command love your neighbor as your self.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606

1 hour ago, Betha said:

i agree....our actions do affect others...and also OUR OWN SELF !  they will become evident on JUDGEMENT DAY !

but SIN is not something affecting Humanity ONLY....it has it's ORIGIN in DISOBEDIENCE to GOD and it also ENDS on that note.....depending how we react to HIS CORRECTION ! Heb 12

GOD always provides a way out for the OBEDIENT...we just need to HUMBLY follow !!!  

If I may add to your good post, ...

For Adam's Original Sin, God has cursed Adam and all his descendants with spiritual death or eternal separation from God or hell when they physically die - GENESIS.2:17 & 3:19, ROMANS.5:12.

For their sins/evil-works/Law-breaking that often harm or offend the innocents, God will curse the guilty sinners/criminals with afflictions, calamities, terrors and/or an early death = a sad and short life on earth - DEUTERONOMY.28:15-69, PROVERBS.1:26, 1CORINTHIANS.5:5 & 11:30, ROMANS.2:5-16, GALATIANS.6:7-8, 1JOHN.5:16-17.

God/Jesus has the authority/power and discretion to remove both the above curses through repentance and faith, eg Job, King David, Paul, the rare NT Gospel healings and exorcisms for some suffering Jews, and saved from hell or unto eternal life in heaven by faith in Jesus Christ alone, for both Jews and Gentiles/Greeks alike.

Those who do good and abide by the Law/Word of God will be blessed by God with goodness for Jews, Gentiles and Christians alike = a loving, peaceful, joyful, healthy and long life on earth. But this may be an exception during times of persecution and tribulation for the Christians = suffer persecution/martyrdom in joy(ACTS.5:41).

Edited by discipler777