Jump to content
Annette

How Old Is a Golden Oldie?

Recommended Posts

Standing outside to fetch my girls from school,  I saw such young moms (I almost thought they were teenagers, or not much older).

I realized that it is quite possible for some of the women there to be 26. 

I guess the age difference was kind of overwhelming today.

Maybe tomorrow will be better :)

God bless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In music I would say sometime around 1975....    before that golden songs by the bucket full...…    after that for the most part just Iron Pyrite.

In people.....   Hard to say.  Depends on if you are one.

 

Edited by other one
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, other one said:

In music I would say sometime around 1975....    before that golden songs by the bucket full...…    after that for the most part just Iron Pyrite.

In people.....   Hard to say.  Depends on if you are one.

 

Thank .you Other One 

Good answer. There are many advantages that comes with age too.

I am slightly younger than the old age mark for music.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Annette said:

Thank .you Other One 

Good answer. There are many advantages that comes with age too.

I am slightly younger than the old age mark for music.

 

I was born in 47 and for the most part that was before golden oldie music   LoL     Don't know what that makes me.   I really don't feel old most of the time.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mom was born in 1940. Good to meet someone else born around then. 

It is interesting as I have gotten older,  ages that I once considered old have changed. 

We grew up calling other adults uncle and aunt,  not because we were related but to show respect for a person being older than us 

It is an interesting to see how one views age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as  I can tell, a golden oldie always seems to be someone at least a decade older than I am.  :) 

I was born in the early 60s and my wife is a few years older than me.   In our last church, there was a group called Prime Timers for 50 and over.  It seemed like about every 3 or 4 years my wife dragged me to a meeting.  We'd walk out shaking our heads that we weren't that old yet.  Then a few years later she'd get invited by a friend and had forgotten how out of place we felt the last time.

 

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are not old. But our bodies have aged. Adam lived to 900 so odd years. His body never aged much. But yes he was old. That's why we don't feel old. That is those over fifty or sixty. I wonder how we will feel at a million years old in our inmortal bodies. In our mortal bodies we feel tired of things. Doing things gets old. In our in mortal bodies we will not get tired of anything. Just like God he has always been but he is fresh and alive.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be 57 in a couple of weeks.  I know to some I'm ancient and have been ancient, but I don't feel or think that way.

I remember thinking when I was younger that people in their 40's were mummified old coots.  What a laugh!  Two of my friends just turned 60 and they look fabulous!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2018 at 4:40 PM, GandalfTheWise said:

As far as  I can tell, a golden oldie always seems to be someone at least a decade older than I am.  :) 

I was born in the early 60s and my wife is a few years older than me.   In our last church, there was a group called Prime Timers for 50 and over.  It seemed like about every 3 or 4 years my wife dragged me to a meeting.  We'd walk out shaking our heads that we weren't that old yet.  Then a few years later she'd get invited by a friend and had forgotten how out of place we felt the last time.

 

That was refeshing to read,  thanks for sharing Gandalf. :)

Its interesting you mentioning groups at church.  Before Summer we had two small groups running: one for the under 40's and another for those in their 50's. We didn't fall into that category this year :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2018 at 7:25 PM, Wayne222 said:

We are not old. But our bodies have aged. Adam lived to 900 so odd years. His body never aged much. But yes he was old. That's why we don't feel old. That is those over fifty or sixty. I wonder how we will feel at a million years old in our inmortal bodies. In our mortal bodies we feel tired of things. Doing things gets old. In our in mortal bodies we will not get tired of anything. Just like God he has always been but he is fresh and alive.

I can't imagine living to being 900. Can you imagine what the waiting room at the docrors office would look like?

Thanks for sharing Wayne. It is always good to hear people's thoughts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×