Annette

How Old Is a Golden Oldie?

On 8/27/2018 at 5:49 PM, other one said:

40101475_758274857850436_609343348339113984_n.jpg.e3a7f722d1bed04babe1e506bcec51f6.jpg

I guess I am older than dirt.  I remember it all, except maybe #17.   Might have been a regional thing.  I did grow up rural.  Nice thing is, not all of these things have gone away!   We still have a drive in theatre in the next town.   Candy cigarettes were the big deal when I was in school.  Many of the local businesses, gas stations, etc had glass soda pop bottles in the machine.  Just drop in a dime and pull one out.

Also older than dirt.  It is getting much more complicated to leave the house now days.  I have always been forgetful, but its getting worse.  At one time I only had to remember my watch.  Now I have to remember asthma treatments and medications.  Then a few years ago they pulled 9 front teeth, so I MUST remember my false teeth.  Then my hair got so thin you could see my scalp so I recently invested in a wig.  And hearing aids.  Can barely hear without those. There are my also reeding glasses to remember and car keys.  I am not attached at the hip to my cell phone so it is something else to remember.  

So today I went to lunch and forgot my teeth!  That's when you know you are getting old.:20:

• Haha 2

On 2/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, OldCoot said:

I guess I am older than dirt.  I remember it all, except maybe #17.   Might have been a regional thing.  I did grow up rural.  Nice thing is, not all of these things have gone away!   We still have a drive in theatre in the next town.   Candy cigarettes were the big deal when I was in school.  Many of the local businesses, gas stations, etc had glass soda pop bottles in the machine.  Just drop in a dime and pull one out.

Uh-oh.... I remember #17.  Wax Coke bottle candy was really good!  When I bit into it, the sweet juice would squirt out, and then I would chew the wax like gum until the sweetness was gone. Memories....  :)   And I even have an old Coke machine... yep! Just a dime.  And it still works, except a Diet Coke will explode in it. 

I feel for you Willa, am sensing similar things like, our pantry is right there in the kitchen area. I go in and stop, asking myself, "what did I come in here for? or, was I coming in, or was I going out? Just saying. lol

• Thumbs Up 1