• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

OCD is horrible and leads to all sorts of pain. I get OCD in my thoughts in the way that when I try to praise Jesus, I have to say Father who is Jesus who is love which is the greatest and God is love otherwise I get a horrible thought that says Jesus is the devil.

Most of the time I can relax and just praise Jesus who is love and I have never and will never give any glory to the devil.

Relaxing helps me to praise and sometimes I praise God as I think it is the only thing that will protect my loved ones but we should just relax and enjoy praising God as He is good and know that God loves all of us unconditionaly and we are safe in His powerful arms forever.

Sometimes with OCD you can just say "default" in your mind and that helps also.

Jesus ascended far above your OCD and can and will heal it if you ask Him. But you say, He has not healed me yet. Have you considered that you may be being healed and your battle before it is healed will give you the experience to help somebody else with the same problem?

Think about that and it might if this is your story, change your perception of it for the better:

OCD is fear is the enemies lies thus if your perception of it is that you will later help somebody with it then you are having loving thoughts. Love gets rid of fear.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love but perfect love casts out fear...

The rest of that verse says fear is punishment but that is not applicable for someone who has a mental illness and thus not right for this post.

Just remember: love gets rid of fear.

Edited by Sharky and George
Grammar

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Please consider whether you've sincerely trusted Jesus, not you, for salvation, and whether you are adding any works theology to your faith to save. After all, OCD is doing work, hard work.

Salvation is a ONE-time act, if you in the past sincerely trusted Jesus, not you, for the future moral perfection that will come, when you partake of God, so that you will never again do one thing and can live in utopia...

OCD says certain acts must be done and certain thoughts seize us. Here's the one thing to do/not do to be in a utopia, simply when your conscience says "X is wrong, so don't do it though you want to!" you don't, you obey your God-given guide! Christians who are born again will be transformed in the future to never again, not even once, sin against conscience.

Now, people with OCD can wash their hands 100 times a day or check a key in a lock ten times before leaving their home, but not even severe OCD can make us never sin against conscience. The "best" people still sin against conscience and are disqualified from utopia, unless they trust the cross and resurrection to take away their sin, guilt and shame, and THEN they still must be morally perfected or they'll sin against conscience.

All this to say, that salvation starts with "Until I drop dead, I will do certain things I shouldn't do," that is, all persons are OCD in that they sin and do the wrong behavior, and this encourages us that our ultimate healing comes later.

NOW you can relax, Satan is being a wise guy, he knows you may not get the "healing" to think or not think certain things until you "partake of the divine essence" receiving the power of God, at death or rapture. Therefore, if instead of fighting "Jesus is Satan thoughts" you EMBRACE them, knowing they signify the healing that's coming, and instead of praying certain prayers over and over, repeating prayers which Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount lack power, you open the Word in your mind or a Bible and study! Satan HATES when believers get in the Word, and if you get in the Word when you have certain powerful OCD thoughts HE WILL STOP as he never tempts us to "get in the Word".

In this way, people who have been haunted or attacked found freedom. "Ghost" in your house? Read the Word whenever the ghost appears and the ghost gets gone, forever, FAST.

:)

Edited by Billiards Ball