Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Very horrible situation for tens of thousands of children in Pakistan having to work ten hour days in order to help pay off their parents' debts to the kiln owners.   If it rains, they can't work and do not get fed.

One girl of eight years old started working making bricks at age five.   Her dad got ill and needed to make a loan from his employer.  The loans are set up to become bigger as time goes on.  So this requires even the children of the family to work long hours making the bricks.  The article below gives more information about these modern-day slaves. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pakistan-girls-brick-kilns_us_588b74f2e4b0303c07534ac9

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Yep the world is full of injustice. The history of the industrial age at Europe and at The USA  has the same stories to tell. It wasn't all that long ago that Tennessee Ernie Ford was singing "Sixteen Tons".

Probably was even worse for the Jew under Rome, where one could be commanded/forced to carry a soldiers load for a distance. And where Jesus gave his sermon saying  And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 

This is a hard harsh place has been and likely will be for some time unless our Lord returns this eve which is possible. 

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Unless everyone becomes a Christian it will always be that way, but even so some who claim to be Christians are greedy to.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Yep the world is full of injustice. The history of the industrial age at Europe and at The USA  has the same stories to tell. It wasn't all that long ago that Tennessee Ernie Ford was singing "Sixteen Tons".

Probably was even worse for the Jew under Rome, where one could be commanded/forced to carry a soldiers load for a distance. And where Jesus gave his sermon saying  And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 

This is a hard harsh place has been and likely will be for some time unless our Lord returns this eve which is possible. 

But nowadays most children, even children of poverty in the USA, have it much better than these children working ten hour days making bricks in Pakistan.   The loans can never be paid off by the families, so entire families including the small children must work at the kiln.  In the U.S., some people declare bankruptcy or they go on welfare and food stamps, get free medical care.

2 hours ago, Debp said:

But nowadays most children, even children of poverty in the USA, have it much better than these children working ten hour days making bricks in Pakistan.   The loans can never be paid off by the families, so entire families including the small children must work at the kiln.  In the U.S., some people declare bankruptcy or they go on welfare and food stamps, get free medical care.

Well I don't want to get into a contest over what nation treats people the worst.

I just find it interesting that the same technique is in use to dominate races of people today that are told in our Bible. A Pharaoh tried to keep the population of Jews small by having them labor hard making bricks. It didn'twork. And the effort served God's good purposes even through the horrid hardships suffered.

Terrible places today do include:  China where there are those that labor all day long for the equivalent of a dime an hour fuzzing the high end designer Jeans sold fo rover six hundred dollars a pair.  They are hand fuzzed by fingernails of the laborers. Conditions are worse than that are the border areas of North Korea and China.

It is a mean situation over much of this world today.

Thinking back for my own  list of work efforts and careers; a ten hour work day was easily done, I used to do that standing on my head, well not quite; but I was shoveling sand into  cement mixers at 4 years old, later  stuffing thousands upon thousands of triple AAA Auto Club decals into cellophane sheaths putting them into envelops and sticking addresses on the envelops for a quarter of one penny per  motion a full penny each for the completed task. I would do many many many thousands of them as a kid along with the  rest of the family to make the extra money needed for the household. Ten thousand equaled a hundred dollars if I remember those days correctly.

Back at age seven I would help my best friend by walking the railroad tracks seeking dropped coke from the steam engine to use to heat his family's tiny 300 square foot bungalow in the projects.

We never thought in terms of hours per day,  nor wage per hour, we thought in terms of what  do we need to do to get enough to buy food or heat.

Why as an adult in my own business I never thought of hours per day, but instead how many hours can I stay awake and function continuously. My limit was about 36 hours before  I had to take a break get a couple hours sleep. The longest run I ever completed was 54 hours of nonstop work. And I have pulled those kind of stretches seeral ties as  caregiver for family members.

Live is hard not only at Pakistan. It is just here many have come to enjoy the idea that they  don't have to work at all, and someone from government will set up a program to feed and real house them  anyway, though it may not be super grand,  it will be pretty darn nice least for some. And no walking the rails looking for chunks of coke to burn .

Edited by Neighbor

I guess I just feel for children such as the little girl mentioned in the article....she is only eight years old and has been making the bricks since she was five.   Also, they get no food if it rains as they can't work.   No school either for these kids unless some ministry helps a small number of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Debp said:

I guess I just feel for children such as the little girl mentioned in the article....she is only eight years old and has been making the bricks since she was five.   Also, they get no food if it rains as they can't work.   No school either for these kids unless some ministry helps a small number of them.

Yes, of course. It is a hard thing to know exists and not feel badly about it! I appreciate the sadness of it too. It is not a new thing though,  it reads much like a record from our Bible even. Despite all the blatherings of men's international efforts, and government, military, religious, secular charity, none prevail; and so I see, as most of us here do, the great  need is still among us all. That need for our Lord's return. Maranatha.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

14 hours ago, Debp said:

Yes and they don't eat if it rains. I wish there would be a Christian ministry that would help pay off these loans for them. Also to give them food on raining days. Let pray for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you feeling led to start  a ministry?