• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

If anyone tries to be saved by the law they arn’t Christian:

For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace.” (Galatians 5:4), I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!" (Galatians 2:21), and, “Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith. A mature Christian will adopt this view.” (Phillippians 3:8-9, 15). 

A Christian believes  the Lord Jesus Christ (God and Son of God) alone can save (John 6:40, John 3:16-18, John 14:6) and faith in Him is what makes us right before God (Romans 10:9-10, John 6:40). The Blood of Jesus is what ballets is ans allowa is into the holiest place (Hebrews 10:19) and May stand before God without blemish (Colossians 1:22). 
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

For the bodies of those animals whose blood is brought into the holy place by the high priest as an offering for sin, are burned outside the camp. Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people through His own blood, suffered outside the gate.” (Hebrews 13:11-12) 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus said keep my commandments.  He said it not me. That is not the same as trying to be justified by the law. First a person needs,to be born of God. Then only will they keep Jesus commandments.  Paul said don't touch the unclean. So once we are saved God wants us to live a holy life. To be holy is to belong to God. Peter said  God says be holy because I am Holy. So the thing is we want to be holy for the sake of God's holiness. This not being justified by the law. But a sactified life in christ.

9 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Jesus said keep my commandments.  He said it not me. That is not the same as trying to be justified by the law. First a person needs,to be born of God. Then only will they keep Jesus commandments.  Paul said don't touch the unclean. So once we are saved God wants us to live a holy life. To be holy is to belong to God. Peter said  God says be holy because I am Holy. So the thing is we want to be holy for the sake of God's holiness. This not being justified by the law. But a sactified life in christ.

To focus on keeping Jesus’ commands is to create a new law. We must focus on Christ, “

fixing our eyes on Jesus, the [b]author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God,” (Hebrews 12:2), and “Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith. All who are mature in faith should adopt this perspective..” (Phillipians 3:8-9, 15). 

When we accept God’s love through His Son (Romans 5:4-11, John 3:16), and love the Lord (Jesus, Romans 10:9, Phillip 2:1-11) Back, we fulfill all law and commands, because while are being loved by the Lord and are loving the Lord we are filled with His love (1 John 4:8) and spreading our love fulfills the commands of Christ which are love: “Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.[40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments,” (Matthew 22:36-41) and, “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:34-35), “But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.” (Matthew 5:43-48). 

It is love based, not law based. The loving relationship with God The Trinity and others fulfills all His commands. Because when you relate to Jesus and love Him you do His commands and want to do them which are lovesyntric. 

• Praise God! 1

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace.” (Ephensians 1:7)

Sin cannot be erased without the shedding of blood, “Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins,” (Hebrews 9:22), and “You have come to Jesus, the one who mediates the new covenant between God and people, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks of forgiveness instead of crying out for vengeance like the blood of Abel.” (Hebrews 12:24).

• Thumbs Up 1

And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. "You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth." (Revelation 5:9- 10)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

1 John 1:7 - But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Are You Washed in the Blood?

[Verse 1]
Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing power?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour?

[Chorus]
Are you washed in the blood
In the soul-cleansing blood of the Lamb?
Are your garments spotless are they white as snow?

[Verse 2]
Lay aside your garments that are stained with sin
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb
There's a fountain flowing for the soul unclean
O, be washed in the blood of the Lamb!

[Chorus]

Jesus, Thy blood and righteousness, my beauty are, my glorious dress; Midst flaming worlds in these arrayed, with joy shall I lift up my head” -Count Zinzendorf 

• Thumbs Up 1