• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, Fidei Defensor said:

The good works come out of God in you (Galatians 2:20-1 John 4:15). It’s a relationship (ginosko, epignosko) and from that relationship with Jesus Christ Fruit is borne; but Jesus make it clear you cannot bear fruit except through Him, I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.” (John 15:1-5). 

You remain in him by keeping his commands. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

6 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

You remain in him by keeping his commands. 

Scripture points to the opposite  the opposite, “Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.” (John 15:4), how do you remain in Jesus?: “Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.” (1 John 4:15) and Jesus never lets us go, “28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.” (John 10:28-30). The Apostle Paul says the mature Christian belief is this And to remain in Jesus is this, “Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing (ginosko, epignosko, relational know) Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ.[c] For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith. 15 Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you.” (Phillipians 3:8-10, 15). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • This is Worthy 1

Scripture points to the opposite  the opposite, “Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.” (John 15:4), how do you remain in Jesus?: “Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.” (1 John 4:15) and Jesus never lets us go, “28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.” (John 10:28-30). The Apostle Paul says the mature Christian belief is this And to remain in Jesus is this, “Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing (ginosko, epignosko, relational know) Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ.[c] For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith. 15 Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you.” (Phillipians 3:8-10, 15). 

Jesus said if you keep my commandments you will remain in me and will bear fruit. It seems you think if one keeps Jesus commandments there trying to be justified.  Not at all. We are justified when we first received Jesus into our life. All who receive him gave he right to be children of God.

Just now, Wayne222 said:

Jesus said if you keep my commandments you will remain in me and will bear fruit. It seems you think if one keeps Jesus commandments there trying to be justified.  Not at all. We are justified when we first received Jesus into our life. All who receive him gave he right to be children of God.

I am saying the good works only come from God in us (1 John 4:15) because only God is good, “No one is good--except God alone.” (Mark 10:18). But works do not justify us nor please God, for we justified and please God only by Christ Jesus and His atonement and blood covering. All attempts to please God fail because God has pleased Himself by dying on the cross. In Old Testament they tied to please God, but it failed because of our flesh. That flesh still wars against the Spirit, “For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.“ (Galatians 5:17). Therefore, only God in us can produce Good works according to His Spirit, otherwise we can fall prey to the flesh and do bad works. 

I am saying the good works only come from God in us (1 John 4:15) because only God is good, “No one is good--except God alone.” (Mark 10:18). But works do not justify us nor please God, for we justified and please God only by Christ Jesus and His atonement and blood covering. All attempts to please God fail because God has pleased Himself by dying on the cross. In Old Testament they tied to please God, but it failed because of our flesh. That flesh still wars against the Spirit, “For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.“ (Galatians 5:17). Therefore, only God in us can produce Good works according to His Spirit, otherwise we can fall prey to the flesh and do bad works. 

The Bible says to please God by our works. You can grief him by works too.

49 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

The Bible says to please God by our works. You can grief him by works too.

But only God is good (Mark 10:18). How can we do good works if we arnt good but are ruled by the Spirit or Flesh? (Galatians 5:17). It stands to reason that only God can do the good work in us and through us. 

On 8/26/2018 at 5:52 AM, Global Mission said:

There is a fountain filled with blood

Drawn from Emmanuel's veins;

And sinners, plunged beneath that flood,

Lose all their guilty stains:

Lose all their guilty stains,

Lose all their guilty stains;

And sinners, plunged beneath that flood,

Lose all their guilty stains.

---

E'er since, by faith, I saw the stream

Thy flowing wounds supply,

Redeeming love has been my theme,

And shall be till I die:

And shall be till I die,

And shall be till I die;

Redeeming love has been my theme,

And shall be till I die.

---

from Hymn

"There is a Fountain Filled with Blood."

- one of my favorite hymns.

Thank you for sharing this. I love this! 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Jesus specific and personal commandment to Phillip is not found among the ten comandmens of Moses. 

The Command to Philip from Jesus came to him without previous knowledge of the specific command. 

The General Command to go and preace the good news to all beginning from Jerusalem and ........Was known to Philip, and this commandment also  is not found in the ten comandmens of Moses or in the old covenant. 

The old covenant came with the commandments of Moses and the new Covenant comes with the comandments of Jesus and the commandments of Jesus through the Holy Spirit. 

The commandments on the stone tablets were memorized and kept as a guide in their hearts. 

The commandment to Samuel to visit Jesse's family is not found in the list of the Geberal commandments. 

Someone may argue this point, that there some general guidance to obey God in all he commands.

This kind of general commandmens were known to the whole nation, because they were spoken to the whole nation, and as a result the actions of someone obedience to them can be examined by others but not their thoughts. 

So the Jews were on a mission of how to get to know the thoughts and intent of man by studdying a list of things,

so they became great phycologist which it helps and comes with the wisdom of man. Not perfect and sometimes in error. 

That's why the jews produce an abadance in Layers and Judges. 

DNA proved the errors in judgement. 

Samuel in the Old and Philip in the New and Paul who was not one if the disciples of Jesus like Philip to hear Jesus speaking about the vine and Jesus saying keep my commants whe he taulk to the disciples of the vine and the branches.

Now a word of causion for the Jumbers, not to quicly trying to find a vine for their spiritual guidance,

as this saying by Jesus it's not to be taken literally, but was illustrative in nature that he is the vine that noutures the brances- the Holy Spirit will show you all things and take from me to you- 

And we are the brances to bear the fruit Jesus had in mind and proposed for us to bear his fruit , the fruit of his specific commandment...

In the case of Samuel as in the case of Philip no one knew the commandment given to them to go some place and from there  to followed the instructions as they were needed - without knowing the exact blueprint of the commander in advance. 

Samuel knew why he was there but not Philip. 

Philip he was guided as he was going along,

and also things fall into place by the work of the Spirit.

While Philip was approching the Ethiopian"s chariot -with the guidance of the Holy Spirit to approche , we see that the Ethiopian was under the influence of the Holy Spirit, and had open the book of Esaias to chapter 53: and he was wondering about something. 

We do not know how the Ethiopian man had prayed or his thoughts seeking understanding in this matter. 

It is that when he show Philip he was enlightened to "this is the man who will explained this to you", perceiving that Philip knew the answer and believing that God will answer his question,  he asked with boldness Philip whom he never met before and knew nothing about......

We also know that this man came from Jerusalem and he must have been informed of the events that took place. 

We do not know if Philip had understood the meaning of Esaias 53: and how it could be use as a tool to preach the Gospel, that this Esaias 53: discribes what happened to Jesus, the perception of the "Holy One"  to be seen as a sinner, his judgement by the authorities,  his flogging, his death on the Cross and his resuraction , him as the liberator of the prisoners and the captives -but not all- and his triumphed over Death and Hades ,and God giving him a heavenly inheritance for him and the new family of God those who believe in his name, that he is the Christ.  And 

making him Lord and Judge of all. 

Philip with his obedience to the command of Jesus brought forth the fruit of the vine, the Saving of the Ethiopian and establishing him with the tools of how to preach the Gospel in Ethiopia using Esaias 53:. 

As for Philip we see that his mind was opened to Esaias 53: as a tool to preach the Gospel. 

And equiped with something knew the Holy Spirit took Philip through Judea to the villages of Samaritans.

And the church in Jerusalem found out later on..

This blessing did not come from the ten commandments, even thought Philip had the obedience to the morality of the ten commandments, but not the "obedience to the first one", 

Because the Gospel is a departure from the Old Covenant and the "Mosaic teachings",

and follows the author of the New COVENANT, and his teachings who triumph and put aside and abolished the old covenant with his death on the Cross. 

Jesus is telling to those who were following the Old Covenant to rebel against their leaders and not to follow them in the Old Covenant . 

To obey God by obeying the knew covenant,  and not to make war against the followers of the old. 

but to give them the Gospel in love . 

The commandment of Jesus to Philip was to do Jesus will and go to the dessert, without telling the church in Jerusalem. 

And Philip was also equiped with a new tool how to explain the Gospel to those familiar with the book of Esaias,

which is an abudance as is the book of Phalms with prophetic messages about Jesus fullfiling those prophesies pointing to him as the Christ. 

31 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Jesus specific and personal commandment to Phillip is not found among the ten comandmens of Moses. 

The Command to Philip from Jesus came to him without previous knowledge of the specific command. 

The General Command to go and preace the good news to all beginning from Jerusalem and ........Was known to Philip, and this commandment also  is not found in the ten comandmens of Moses or in the old covenant. 

The old covenant came with the commandments of Moses and the new Covenant comes with the comandments of Jesus and the commandments of Jesus through the Holy Spirit. 

The commandments on the stone tablets were memorized and kept as a guide in their hearts. 

The commandment to Samuel to visit Jesse's family is not found in the list of the Geberal commandments. 

Someone may argue this point, that there some general guidance to obey God in all he commands.

This kind of general commandmens were known to the whole nation, because they were spoken to the whole nation, and as a result the actions of someone obedience to them can be examined by others but not their thoughts. 

So the Jews were on a mission of how to get to know the thoughts and intent of man by studdying a list of things,

so they became great phycologist which it helps and comes with the wisdom of man. Not perfect and sometimes in error. 

That's why the jews produce an abadance in Layers and Judges. 

DNA proved the errors in judgement. 

Samuel in the Old and Philip in the New and Paul who was not one if the disciples of Jesus like Philip to hear Jesus speaking about the vine and Jesus saying keep my commants whe he taulk to the disciples of the vine and the branches.

Now a word of causion for the Jumbers, not to quicly trying to find a vine for their spiritual guidance,

as this saying by Jesus it's not to be taken literally, but was illustrative in nature that he is the vine that noutures the brances- the Holy Spirit will show you all things and take from me to you- 

And we are the brances to bear the fruit Jesus had in mind and proposed for us to bear his fruit , the fruit of his specific commandment...

In the case of Samuel as in the case of Philip no one knew the commandment given to them to go some place and from there  to followed the instructions as they were needed - without knowing the exact blueprint of the commander in advance. 

Samuel knew why he was there but not Philip. 

Philip he was guided as he was going along,

and also things fall into place by the work of the Spirit.

While Philip was approching the Ethiopian"s chariot -with the guidance of the Holy Spirit to approche , we see that the Ethiopian was under the influence of the Holy Spirit, and had open the book of Esaias to chapter 53: and he was wondering about something. 

We do not know how the Ethiopian man had prayed or his thoughts seeking understanding in this matter. 

It is that when he show Philip he was enlightened to "this is the man who will explained this to you", perceiving that Philip knew the answer and believing that God will answer his question,  he asked with boldness Philip whom he never met before and knew nothing about......

We also know that this man came from Jerusalem and he must have been informed of the events that took place. 

We do not know if Philip had understood the meaning of Esaias 53: and how it could be use as a tool to preach the Gospel, that this Esaias 53: discribes what happened to Jesus, the perception of the "Holy One"  to be seen as a sinner, his judgement by the authorities,  his flogging, his death on the Cross and his resuraction , him as the liberator of the prisoners and the captives -but not all- and his triumphed over Death and Hades ,and God giving him a heavenly inheritance for him and the new family of God those who believe in his name, that he is the Christ.  And 

making him Lord and Judge of all. 

Philip with his obedience to the command of Jesus brought forth the fruit of the vine, the Saving of the Ethiopian and establishing him with the tools of how to preach the Gospel in Ethiopia using Esaias 53:. 

As for Philip we see that his mind was opened to Esaias 53: as a tool to preach the Gospel. 

And equiped with something knew the Holy Spirit took Philip through Judea to the villages of Samaritans.

And the church in Jerusalem found out later on..

This blessing did not come from the ten commandments, even thought Philip had the obedience to the morality of the ten commandments, but not the "obedience to the first one", 

Because the Gospel is a departure from the Old Covenant and the "Mosaic teachings",

and follows the author of the New COVENANT, and his teachings who triumph and put aside and abolished the old covenant with his death on the Cross. 

Jesus is telling to those who were following the Old Covenant to rebel against their leaders and not to follow them in the Old Covenant . 

To obey God by obeying the knew covenant,  and not to make war against the followers of the old. 

but to give them the Gospel in love . 

The commandment of Jesus to Philip was to do Jesus will and go to the dessert, without telling the church in Jerusalem. 

And Philip was also equiped with a new tool how to explain the Gospel to those familiar with the book of Esaias,

which is an abudance as is the book of Phalms with prophetic messages about Jesus fullfiling those prophesies pointing to him as the Christ. 

From the Epistle to the Galatians: 

“You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?[a]Have you experienced[b] so much in vain—if it really was in vain? So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miraclesamong you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[c]

Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham. Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.”[d] So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

10 For all who rely on the works of the laware under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”[e]11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.”[f] 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.”[g] 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”[h] 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

The Law and the Promise

15 Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case. 16 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,”[i] meaning one person, who is Christ. 17 What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. 18 For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on the promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.

19 Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angelsand entrusted to a mediator. 20 A mediator,however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

21 Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. 22 But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.

Children of God

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise: And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God's promise to Abraham belongs to you..“ (Galatians 3:1-29) 

THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD 

Hymn

“Would you be free from the burden of sin? 
There's power in the blood, power in the blood; 
Would you over evil a victory win? 
There's wonderful power in the blood. 

There is power, power, wonder working power 
In the blood of the Lamb; 
In the precious blood of the Lamb. 

Would you be free from your passion and pride? 
Come for a cleansing to Calvary's tide; 

Would you be whiter, much whiter than snow? 
Sin stains are lost in its life giving flow. 

Would you do service for Jesus your King? 
Would you live daily His praises to sing? 

I Hope this is what u was lookin for.”