Sign in to follow this  
scenematt

Worthy Christian Forums and Chat - Matt Downey - Intro

HELLO!

My name is Matt Downey and I am new here.  I am from Columbus, Ohio and I love God ever since I was a little boy.  I am a true Christian and have suffered through many hard trials and tribulations including homelessness, hunger, fasting, sleeplessness, beatings, travels, witnessing, closeness to God, separation from God, spiritual victories and spiritual failures.  I guess I have grown to the place where I sort of just want to get back into the ministry of believer to believer strength and courage, because I spent most of my childhood healing and casting out devils.  Then I met God and He told me to have some fun, so I ended up retiring and settling in at everything was about Me and nobody else really mattered anymore.  But as time has progressed, I have decided that I would like to get back into common ministry and help strengthen and encourage individuals in the Body of Christ to never give up on the highest blessings and to always go forth in God.

So that is a little about me.  More is that I love web design, travel, spirituality including godliness and angelic hosting, Spirit travels through fasting and prayer, sleeping in, music, praise and worship, church, and pets.  I love a lot of other things like art and museums too, but it's too much to list.  I have a great family and I look forward to being a part of the online community here.

Well, thanks!

Matty

• Praise God! 1

8 hours ago, scenematt said:

HELLO!

My name is Matt Downey and I am new here.  I am from Columbus, Ohio and I love God ever since I was a little boy.  I am a true Christian and have suffered through many hard trials and tribulations including homelessness, hunger, fasting, sleeplessness, beatings, travels, witnessing, closeness to God, separation from God, spiritual victories and spiritual failures.  I guess I have grown to the place where I sort of just want to get back into the ministry of believer to believer strength and courage, because I spent most of my childhood healing and casting out devils.  Then I met God and He told me to have some fun, so I ended up retiring and settling in at everything was about Me and nobody else really mattered anymore.  But as time has progressed, I have decided that I would like to get back into common ministry and help strengthen and encourage individuals in the Body of Christ to never give up on the highest blessings and to always go forth in God.

So that is a little about me.  More is that I love web design, travel, spirituality including godliness and angelic hosting, Spirit travels through fasting and prayer, sleeping in, music, praise and worship, church, and pets.  I love a lot of other things like art and museums too, but it's too much to list.  I have a great family and I look forward to being a part of the online community here.

Well, thanks!

Matty

Welcome to Worthy Scenematt.

Cheers!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome, Matty.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Met you in chat yesterday!  Look forward to discussing the bible with you sorry was too tired last night.. God Bless You!

• Thumbs Up 3

Hello, welcome!

• Thumbs Up 3

Hi,

Welcome to WCF...

I hope you will enjoy our fellowship with Jesus-Christ, our Lord and Savior, on this truly blessed Christian Website on the Internet!

Yours truly, PATMEN 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, scenematt said:

HELLO!

Well, thanks!

Matty

Hello Matt,

Welcome to Worthy , if you have questions please let us know and we try to help you :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi and welcome!

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By DustyRoad
      It's entirely possible to reap fellowship from Worthy for as the Lord explained, we reap what we sow as the fruit of our labors in this life. If we're earnest then edification is the yield. If we're dishonest then correction is our portion; and if we lie it's for condemnation, never glory. God Almighty knows the hearts and minds so when we place our trust in the Lord and behave in a way which reflects that well --- what we do here on Worthy is merely a reflection of the lives we lead --- then there's nothing afoot to trouble us. Those who love the Lord have nothing to fear from this world.
      There. That sums up what I think about the wonderful ministry here on this website. That's how I wish to approach it but we know to abstain from vows and silly oaths. I pray that whenever I use my fingers and this keyboard to slap something up on Worthy's digital whiteboard it's for life, not for death. I trust that if I sin my brother and sister will notice and follow the guidance of the Spirit; I have faith that while God speaks to us all in many different ways the care of my brother is manna from heaven.  We can live alone but it's better to gather together. Much better!

I wrote earlier about how many of us have a teaching and in the manner of the flesh sow seeds of vanity, keeping a close eye on accolades and looking down upon detractors who seek to spoil the reward. Petty arguments arise and then the jungle of resentment shoots up: trees so dense that no one involved can see a tree for the forest in their eyes!

I know we can do much better than that. Let's face it: we're all students reminding other students of the lessons which the Teacher furnishes. Our flair for writing can flavor our contributions to be certain but we must also remember that no one under the Sun is equal where talents and interests are concerned. Some of us find it difficult to write whereas others like myself can write hundreds of words about nothing at all. Nothing is, by far, the easiest of all subjects to write about.
      I think we can get along. I even think we can do it well! Some of us already do but that's not good enough: more of us need to get along in such a way more often. I dare to know it's possible that we'll come to love one another like we should. Think I'm crazy? Nuts? You're not that far off the mark but fortunately God has me in his hands. I bet we're all a little crazy. 
    • By RarexxRose
      I was wondering if its a spiritual practice of some churches to allow their young people to spew all of their hate, anger, aggression, and past hurts onto another, making them their punching bag if you will, so that they could gain their freedom and let it out on people who did nothing to them and have less than they do? Am I misunderstanding something? With what I've experienced and how I took it, some churches use intimidation, yelling, and fear tactics on the congregation even changing their name to someone else's and they don't even necessarily have to say anything. I know this may sound crazy but I know I'm not. I'm sure other people have experienced this. Maybe these people didnt realize, know or care as to how much I was hearing or able to hear if you know what I mean.
    • By JesusAngelPD777
      Shalom to all my Brothers and Sisters in Christ!

I have been ministering for 4 years online as well as in Federal Prisons along with a few churches between Canada and France.

I have been called to an online vocation to be accessible to all, worldwide.

While some curious struggling unbelievers may never find courage to enter a traditional church, strong believers at times also cannot attend for various reasons.
      Using online platforms ,I make myself available to people whom fall in such category.

In essence, I am open minded and open my door for anyone in need whether its for one on one prayers, bible studies, Christian counselling, support, encouragement, fellowship or simply to have Christian oriented guidance, I am here on this forum to do my part in Jesus's Kingdom.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Best.

• By Michael37
      My fellowship preference is for mutually comforting faith among those who have "a yearning to fellowship with those of like faith, in order to liberally share something given freely by the Holy Spirit to reinforce them."
      Rom 1:11-12
      (11)  For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;
      (12)  That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
      This preference for mutually comforting faith is both a deal maker and a deal breaker when it comes to my fellowshipping decisions. For something to be mutual there must be some reciprocity, or beneficial exchange between those concerned. If there is no comforting cooperation and participation from those I am assembling with for edification I soon part company with them, as Paul did with those who refuted his preaching in the synagogue at Corinth.
      Act 18:4-7
      (4)  And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
      (5)  And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.
      (6)  And when they opposed him, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.
      (7)  And he departed thence, and entered into a certain man's house, named Justus, one that worshipped God, whose house joined hard to the synagogue.
      Rather than forsake assembling anywhere with anyone because of a Scripture-based fellowship preference mature Christians prayerfully seek out like-minded companions who encourage one another and form supportive relationships.
      Heb 10:23-25
      (23) Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
      (24) And let us consider one another for the stirring up of love and of good works,
      (25) not forsaking the assembling of ourselves, just as is the custom for some, but exhorting one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
      I hope your fellowship preference is among those who share mutually comforting faith in Christ.  
    • By Michael37
      Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
      Sometimes people ask "Where do you fellowship?" Also they ask "Who do you fellowship with?" But it would be a rare thing for someone to ask "What is your fellowship for?"
      An unbeliever might ask "What do you do at your meetings?", not knowing how the term "fellowship" is applied among Christians.
      I sometimes mention who I am in fellowship with and comment on what matters we discuss, and occasionally describe someone as being "out of fellowship", but still the question remains, "Ideally As Christians What Is Our Fellowship For?"