• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/2000

I have been thinking about myself and my life lately. I try to be a good Christian but I found out that the only thing that is refraining me from commiting very wrong acts is the fear of burning in hell forever. That's it. I can't think of myself as a good Christian anymore. I dislike to say it but my love for God is barely noticeable. Oh, and by "wrong acts" I mean EVIL acts, such as cheating people out of things, manipulating them into doing what I want, being physically cruel to animals and more. I don't know why, but I sometimes feel a sudden urge to torture animals. Even thinking about it makes my heart race. It gives me a sadistic pleasure. I have daydreams about having unlimited power and success, beating people up and more. I think of people that annoyed me years ago. Four years ago a boy pushed me and today I imagined myself doing what I was too scared to do back then (because I was at school). I mean, if he had pushed me these days, I would have beat him up so hard that he'd be lucky to be able to wake up... in the hospital. 
I hope I haven't horrified nobody. 
Long story short: if I didn't believe in God, morals wouldn't exist in my life. I'd do pretty much everything within the bounds of the law. 
What I'm trying to say is that I'd like to stop fearing the hell and start loving God...
Thank you.
Btw: I'm female, 18.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Our Salvation is based on us believing Jesus and trusting in the Atonement He secured for our sins by His death on the cross.....

It is not secured by us being nice perfect sinless people.. 

Now if we believe Jesus we will strive to follow His teachings.. Teachings that are against cruelty and violence.. Teachings that are for caring and peace..

From time to time most people will sin and some will have evil thoughts.. But again if we believe Jesus we will acknowledge our sins and evil thoughts are wrong and thank Jesus for securing our forgiveness by His death and resurrection..

My advice to you is to earnestly ask God to remove from you the excitement you are gaining from your violent and cruel thoughts.. Taking pleasure in evil is very evil indeed but i perceive you know this and that's why you are here seeking advice on these things..

I am sure others in here who will be reading your post and my reply will be offering prayers to God to remove from you these feelings too..

May God bless you Katrina and may the Holy Spirit work upon and lead you to Eternal Life. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:15 AM, KaterinaChk said:

I have been thinking about myself and my life lately. I try to be a good Christian but I found out that the only thing that is refraining me from commiting very wrong acts is the fear of burning in hell forever. That's it. I can't think of myself as a good Christian anymore. I dislike to say it but my love for God is barely noticeable. Oh, and by "wrong acts" I mean EVIL acts, such as cheating people out of things, manipulating them into doing what I want, being physically cruel to animals and more. I don't know why, but I sometimes feel a sudden urge to torture animals. Even thinking about it makes my heart race. It gives me a sadistic pleasure. I have daydreams about having unlimited power and success, beating people up and more. I think of people that annoyed me years ago. Four years ago a boy pushed me and today I imagined myself doing what I was too scared to do back then (because I was at school). I mean, if he had pushed me these days, I would have beat him up so hard that he'd be lucky to be able to wake up... in the hospital. 
Long story short: if I didn't believe in God, morals wouldn't exist in my life. I'd do pretty much everything within the bounds of the law. 
What I'm trying to say is that I'd like to stop fearing the hell and start loving God...
Thank you.

Hi KatrinaChk,

I think I have talked to you before on another thread. Now do you realise that all thoughts are not from us, meaning that what we view - films, utube etc books, pictures etc all make an imprint on our mind and will often be recalled randomly. It is for us to change that thought to something else. And I see you are trying to do that. Good, keep it up.

Now it is good that you have the `fear` of God, for we all need that as He is the judge of all. Then you asked how to love God. That my dear friend is where Yowm`s scripture is very helpful. John 3: 16. God the Father so loves us that He didn`t want to let us all die in our sins and be tormented forever. Thus He sent Jesus to pay the price for our sins. And not only that, the Lord Jesus now desires to guide us by His Holy Spirit and change this old person to one like Himself.

As you realise having that awful burden of sin, that is so heavy and guilt ridden, and being able to lay it down at the cross of Jesus, then from your heart will rise thankfulness, tears of repentance and finally the joy of sins forgiven.

Praying, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 8/27/2018 at 4:15 PM, KaterinaChk said:

I try to be a good Christian but I found out that the only thing that is refraining me from commiting very wrong acts is the fear of burning in hell forever. That's it. I can't think of myself as a good Christian anymore. I dislike to say it but my love for God is barely noticeable. Oh, and by "wrong acts" I mean EVIL acts, such as cheating people out of things, manipulating them into doing what I want, being physically cruel to animals and more.

Hi, First may I say like others I too am in prayer for your well being.

That stated, I suggest you go directly to the following link on this board and read it through. http://www.whatisachristian.info

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 8/27/2018 at 5:15 PM, KaterinaChk said:

Thank you.

Hello Katherine :)

First things first ,you need to be born again ,and how can you be born again?

The Bible has a story about a man who was looking for truth and came to Jesus with this question:

John 3 New International Version

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

3 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]

9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[e] 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness,so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believe may have eternal life in him.”[g]

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned,but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

The key is you need to be born again,otherwise you will not be able to understand anything of the Kingdom of God, believers in Jesus will receive the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit will convict you of sin and leads you to Jesus and will make you realize that you are a sinner and need Jesus in your life to have a full life and hope for eternal life without having to be afraid of hell ,if Jesus sets you free ,you're free indeed.

John 8:36 

36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

The steps of being born again are :

1. Realizing & Admit you are a Sinner

1. "There is no one Righteous, not even one;" (Romans 3:10) 2. "For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God" (Romans 3:23) 3."For the wages of Sin is Death, but the Gift of God is eternal life in Christ jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23) ADMIT YOU ARE A SINNER!

2. Jesus paid the Price for our Sins

1."For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16). 2. "For Everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord will be Saved.' (Romans 10:13 ASK GOD'S FORGIVENESS!

3. Believe in Jesus! (Put your trust in Him)

1. "Jesus also said: He who believes and is baptized will be saved, but he who does not believe will be condemned." (Mark 16:16). 2. "Yet to all who receive Him, to those who believed in His Name, He gave the right to become Children of God" (John 1:12) BECOME A CHILD OF GOD BY RECEIVING CHRIST!

4. Repent & Confess that Jesus is your Lord

1. "I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door." (Rev. 3:20) 2. "If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be Saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:9,10)

If you're a child of God, you will have eternal life,the devil has no longer power over you because the Holy Spirit will lead you in truth , you will be a child of the king on your way to heaven :)

Please ask if you have any questions?