Hell

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I don't desire God anymore but I don't want to go to Hell.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

34 minutes ago, Tyler22 said:

Read ecclesiastes. Eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of your labor, and then you die. 

Not all are called. If you are called, you'll know it. 

We don't choose God. He chooses us. And read Romans 9. He even created Pharaoh to do exactly what he did.

Edited by Still Alive

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Tyler22 said:

You are in quite the quandary, then.

A quandary that will not cease once you die.  You see, people in hell don't change their natures.  They don't all of a sudden say, "Oh, I see now...I DO desire God now."

You will be in torment and still not desiring God.  Wanting to leave hell, but having no passion or love for God.  Your offense will be eternal, thus the punishment eternal.

But listen closely.  Let me tell you what God desires.  He desires that NO ONE should perish.

• 2 Peter 3:9 = "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
  • Ezekiel 33:11 = "Say to them: 'As surely as I live, declares the Lord GOD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked should turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways!"
  • 1 Timothy 2:3-5 = "This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,…"

God does the saving - the initial drawing and calling.  God is patient.  But you and I must give the right response to the drawing of God.  We must submit to his authority over our lives and trust/obey him.

It that why you don't "desire" God?  Is his being sovereign over your life offensive to you?