• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

True, however, that was before the internet and the ability to expose the majority of the world to these scandals. We are in the post #metoo era and scandals like these have the capacity to not only shake faith in the institution but to remove many of the leaders from office. If the Cardinals and ecclesastjcal courts don’t give the people blood, they could find a total upheaval. 

Alrrady I have seen Ireland reject the Pope’s visit wit protests and Mexicans removing their rosaries and distancing themselves from the RCC, and embracing their pagan rites more openly and less in quasi-Catholic pagan way. The biggest mistake would be for the RCC to take the stance that this is another scandal and will blow over and believe that they are invulnerable. The world at large has been mutated by Secular, Humanist, Post-Modern, Pagan, Hindu, Buddist, and New Age influences. People are already abandoning the church for these views, this scandal and the dark history of Catholicism is a recipe for the final fall of Rome; this time it won’t be the Visigoths, it will be the Vishnuites and Post-Modern Vandals. 

This is not a setback, this is the potential breaking point. Schism not only lies ahead, but utter collapse. One cannot keep doing abuses and then covering them up and still ask people to trust. 

Pope Francis needs to step down, Cardinals need to be defrocked, and all perpetrators of the abuse removed from their respective offices and handed over to the civil courts to be tried and punished. Anything less will be perceived as placating and indifference. 

Surviving the scandals of the past as made the RCC think they will prevail, but that attitude is a mistake. Already majorities are leaving churches in UK and around world over personal choice, not scandal. Church attendance is dismal for high churches, the RCC is going to receive a great wound if they play by their standard play book of vows, phoney outrage, and words. It’s time they act or suffer the last act of their church. 

As a Protestant I believe this could be the fall of Babelyon (Revelation 17 and 18) and that it is what Jesus meant when He said, “and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 24:49-51). 

This great fall of Rome could at last lead RCs to know Jesus in a personal relationship (ginosko, epignosko) [Philippians 3:8-10] and read the Holy Bible. 

Do you really think the Catholic Church members didn't know this was going on...  it's not a surprise to any Catholics I know.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

3 minutes ago, other one said:

Do you really think the Catholic Church members didn't know this was going on...  it's not a surprise to any Catholics I know.

Knowing about it (gnosis) does not mean they won’t gradually stop sending their kids to Catholic school or letting young people be alone with a priest or nun. A slow unease will settle into Catholics and if more scandals keep happening (and they will) a point will be reached where they will either go down with the Roman ship or schism away or leave entirely. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Knowing about it (gnosis) does not mean they won’t gradually stop sending their kids to Catholic school or letting young people be alone with a priest or nun. A slow unease will settle into Catholics and if more scandals keep happening (and they will) a point will be reached where they will either go down with the Roman ship or schism away or leave entirely. 

well I've discussed it with them for a couple of decades and they haven't changed anything yet....

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Great points. It seems to me if the RCC falls, the Islam will leap to the largest religion after Christianity as a whole. The RCC has already compromised, Pope Benedict XVI had Imams pray in St. Peter’s and told RCs they can pray to Allah. Allah is not the Lord, Allah or Allahu is the god of Islam who “tricks his people and plays with them,” and “makes them sin.” The Lord Jesus helps His people and died for mankind’s sins (1 Peter 3:18). 

This is just my personal opinion. There has been a good case made that the ten toes mixed with miry clay on the Colossus in Daniel's vision, is the Eastern leg of the Roman empire which lasted 1,000 years longer than the Western leg, and is now entirely Muslim nations. However, I still hold to the traditional view it's 10 European nations or possibly the U.N. established 10 global economic zones.

What's going to happen to the confidence, military might and faith in Allah when they're 5/6th wiped out in the Eze 38: - 39: invasion, the destruction of Elam (1/6th SW Iran where the Bushehr nuclear weapons facilities are located), and another possible Psalm 83: war of confederate nations.

The major players in the Eze 38: - 39: invasion (Sudan, Libya, Russia, Turkey and Iran) have alliances and are cozy together right now, and have the military presence in Syria (the direction Israel will be attacked from), and they have the motivation, both religious and economic. What will be the trigger that starts all this? Possibly the leveling of Damascus, Syria over night by the IDF, because of an imminent Israeli threat??? Time will tell, and I think the time is short. 

Again, we don't know precisely the timing or order of events, only that they will occur and we see them forming at present.

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

This is just my personal opinion. There has been a good case made that the ten toes mixed with miry clay on the Colossus in Daniel's vision, is the Eastern leg of the Roman empire which lasted 1,000 years longer than the Western leg, and is now entirely Muslim nations. However, I still hold to the traditional view it's 10 European nations or possibly the U.N. established 10 global economic zones.

What's going to happen to the confidence, military might and faith in Allah when they're 5/6th wiped out in the Eze 38: - 39: invasion, the destruction of Elam (1/6th SW Iran where the Bushehr nuclear weapons facilities are located), and another possible Psalm 83: war of confederate nations.

The major players in the Eze 38: - 39: invasion (Sudan, Libya, Russia, Turkey and Iran) have alliances and are cozy together right now, and have the military presence in Syria (the direction Israel will be attacked from), and they have the motivation, both religious and economic. What will be the trigger that starts all this? Possibly the leveling of Damascus, Syria over night by the IDF, because of an imminent Israeli threat??? Time will tell, and I think the time is short. 

Again, we don't know precisely the timing or order of events, only that they will occur and we see them forming at present.

Intriguing analysis and studies. Aside from Babylon the Harlot, there are few symbols that match the Roman Church: 

The name written on her forehead was a mystery: babylon the great the mother of prostitutes and of the abominations of the earth. I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God's holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus. When I saw her, I was greatly astonished.” (Revelation 17:5-6). This would seem to be fulfilled by Bloody Mary (Mary I of England)’s slaughter of 600 Protestants, the Thirty Years War, The martyrdom of William Tyndale who translated the Bible into English, The St. Batthlowmew Day Masscre, and other Protestantcide episodes from the Roman Catholic Church. In fact, RCC killed people over ideas, over the Gospel which is the testimony of Jesus (Revelation 17:6). In fact, Roman Catholics have often drawn first blood when Protestants usually resorted to iconclasm: “If French Protestants were militant so were Catholics crowds and they were generally more murderous: where Protestants smashed images, Catholics butchered people." (The Reformation, Diamand McCulloch, pg 308). 

Another semblance of Rome is how Babelyon is known for trade and trinkets, “11 “The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes anymore— 12 cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13 cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and human beings sold as slaves. 14 “They will say, ‘The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your luxury and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.’ 15 The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn 16and cry out: “ ‘Woe! Woe to you, great city, dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet, and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls! 17 In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!’ “Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. 18 When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, ‘Was there ever a city like this great city?” (Revelation 18:11-17). RCC sells these precious stones and gold in form of medallions, talismans, statues and etc. They even charge pilgrims to stare at precious stones on crosses and saintly bones. 

The fact she is called the great city either alludes to she is Jerusalem, which isn’t without precedence, Jerusalem has been called a harlot before (Book of Hosea), or it is Rome, or it could be like you said Eastern Roma, Byzantium and Constantinople. The only two cities that kill those who keep the testimony of Jesus is Western Roma in Italy and Jerusalem which killlex all the prophets, our Lord Jesus Christ, and James the Apostle and others. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

5 hours ago, other one said:

I left the Roman Catholic Church in the 1970s and I didn't know this was going on.  I should note, however, I was never an altar boy.  I would think they would know and none did that I played ball with.

1 minute ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I left the Roman Catholic Church in the 1970s and I didn't know this was going on.  I should note, however, I was never an altar boy.  I would think they would know and none did that I played ball with.

Did you leave because of the Jesus Movement? :) 

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Did you leave because of the Jesus Movement? :) 

After a near death experience, I left the Church not finding answers to my questions.  For all practical purposes, I was an agnostic most days, a universalist others.  In an unexpected place, at an unexpected time, I heard the testimony of a former outlaw biker who had his own near death experience, except he really died, I believe it was three times.  I was basically saved from that point on because I knew, knew in the complete confidence, knew in my spirit that what he was speaking was true.  The Holy Spirit or one of God's messengers made sure I heard him speak and my ears were open to the Gospel message.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

After a near death experience, I left the Church not finding answers to my questions.  For all practical purposes, I was an agnostic most days, a universalist others.  In an unexpected place, at an unexpected time, I heard the testimony of a former outlaw biker who had his own near death experience, except he really died, I believe it was three times.  I was basically saved from that point on because I knew, knew in the complete confidence, knew in my spirit that what he was speaking was true.  The Holy Spirit or one of God's messengers made sure I heard him speak and my ears were open to the Gospel message.

Thank you for sharing your testimony. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1