• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

4 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

It's the abridged PG version.

One day you’ll have to share the M and Rated R version. ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Intriguing analysis and studies. Aside from Babylon the Harlot, there are few symbols that match the Roman Church: 

The name written on her forehead was a mystery: babylon the great the mother of prostitutes and of the abominations of the earth. I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God's holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus. When I saw her, I was greatly astonished.” (Revelation 17:5-6). This would seem to be fulfilled by Bloody Mary (Mary I of England)’s slaughter of 600 Protestants, the Thirty Years War, The martyrdom of William Tyndale who translated the Bible into English, The St. Batthlowmew Day Masscre, and other Protestantcide episodes from the Roman Catholic Church. In fact, RCC killed people over ideas, over the Gospel which is the testimony of Jesus (Revelation 17:6). In fact, Roman Catholics have often drawn first blood when Protestants usually resorted to iconclasm: “If French Protestants were militant so were Catholics crowds and they were generally more murderous: where Protestants smashed images, Catholics butchered people." (The Reformation, Diamand McCulloch, pg 308). 

Another semblance of Rome is how Babelyon is known for trade and trinkets, “11 “The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes anymore— 12 cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13 cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and human beings sold as slaves. 14 “They will say, ‘The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your luxury and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.’ 15 The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn 16and cry out: “ ‘Woe! Woe to you, great city, dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet, and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls! 17 In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!’ “Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. 18 When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, ‘Was there ever a city like this great city?” (Revelation 18:11-17). RCC sells these precious stones and gold in form of medallions, talismans, statues and etc. They even charge pilgrims to stare at precious stones on crosses and saintly bones. 

The fact she is called the great city either alludes to she is Jerusalem, which isn’t without precedence, Jerusalem has been called a harlot before (Book of Hosea), or it is Rome, or it could be like you said Eastern Roma, Byzantium and Constantinople. The only two cities that kill those who keep the testimony of Jesus is Western Roma in Italy and Jerusalem which killlex all the prophets, our Lord Jesus Christ, and James the Apostle and others. 

One important factor which I believe to be true pertaining to 'mystery' and Babylon. I believe the Apostle John is comparing Rome to Babylon in some instances. Reason being, that if he or anyone had letters / correspondence disparaging Rome and the authorities, that were found in their possession, they knew it would be prison or death. I think if he was referring to Jerusalem, he would have just come out and said it was Jerusalem, or any other place save Rome. Just my thoughts.

• Group:  Royal Member

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

One important factor which I believe to be true pertaining to 'mystery' and Babylon. I believe the Apostle John is comparing Rome to Babylon in some instances. Reason being, that if he or anyone had letters / correspondence disparaging Rome and the authorities, that were found in their possession, they knew it would be prison or death. I think if he was referring to Jerusalem, he would have just come out and said it was Jerusalem, or any other place save Rome. Just my thoughts.

I like your insight. However, Jerusalem and Rome where in essence one. Rome rules Jerusalem with prefectorate and the Pharisees and religious leaders had bought their positions from Rome, which then means Jerusalem and Rome where one and the same in spirit because Rome was in control; this then affirms that the Harlot is Rome even in Jerusalem! Then Rome invaded the Church in 312 A.D. with Constantine The Great and  brought the harlot into the church with a caste system of laity and ecclesia, sacros priests when Jesus Sole Sacros High Priest (Hebrews 8, 9, and 10, full chapters). 

??

Edited by Fidei Defensor

26 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I like your insight. However, Jerusalem and Rome where in essence one. Rome rules Jerusalem with prefectorate and the Pharisees and religious leaders had bought their positions from Rome, which then means Jerusalem and Rome where one and the same in spirit because Rome was in control; this then affirms that the Harlot is Rome even in Jerusalem! Then Rome invaded the Church in 312 A.D. with Constantine The Great and  brought the harlot into the church with a caste system of laity and ecclesia, sacros priests when Jesus Sole Sacros High Priest (Hebrews 8, 9, and 10, full chapters). 

??

Could very well be, I'm not dogmatic about it. 

You brought up an interesting point. Like you said, the church-state began in A.D. 312 with Constantine and has continued in the RCC unto this day. My thoughts drift to Revelation one world government / one world religion when combining church - state. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

You brought up an interesting point. Like you said, the church-state began in A.D. 312 with Constantine and has continued in the RCC unto this day. My thoughts drift to Revelation one world government / one world religion when combining church - state. 

The State Church, Imperium Ecclesia is a distortion of the Church. If Christ wanted such a church, he would have chosen Pontius Pilate, who wanted to spare Him (John 18, 19), or the religious elite, instead he picked fishermen, and common men to be His apostles. Right at the beginning of the Church Age, Jesus chose the weak not the strong to be guardians of the gospel and to preach it to the masses. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

2 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The State Church, Imperium Ecclesia is a distortion of the Church. If Christ wanted such a church, he would have chosen Pontius Pilate, who wanted to spare Him (John 18, 19), or the religious elite, instead he picked fishermen, and common men to be His apostles. Right at the beginning of the Church Age, Jesus chose the weak not the strong to be guardians of the gospel and to preach it to the masses. 

Yep, the meek and humble common man

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I can't see the Jewish people, especially the orthodox, ever accepting Roman control and I believe Israel is quite able to withstand any Roman involvement in their religious practices.  There's something missing here but I don't know what it is.

27 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I can't see the Jewish people, especially the orthodox, ever accepting Roman control and I believe Israel is quite able to withstand any Roman involvement in their religious practices.  There's something missing here but I don't know what it is.

The Jews have faced Roman oppression on many occasions. Directly via the Empire, and secondly under the RCC. One wonders if they viewed the Crusaders as Centurions once again occupying Jerusalem. Another way the Jews were oppressed, was the Romans corrupted a faction among them, The Pharisees and Sadduccess, many of whom (but not all) who bought their positions from Rome; as oppose to the Essenes, Zealots and Sons of Light who would not take money from Rome.  This simony was Rome’s idea and it continued again in the RCC in Middle Ages to present. 

Thankfully Jesus has been bringing the Church back out of Rome and back to the Gospel and Scriptures. Rome opressed us with Constantine The Great ij 312 A.D. Infecting our church much how they did the Jewish Sanhedrin in 30-33 A.D. Rome keeps trying to pollute our churches and synagogues and we must repell this Harlot Babelyon with the Truth (John 14:6). 

Rome is Satan’s counterfeit for the Kingdom of God. He keeps bringing it back from Empires of West and Eastern Roma to the RCC to the Third Reich and eventually the Beast Regime (Revelation 13:7). Rome is govt. of the evil one that keeps coming back through history, a utopia based on fear rather than the love of God as found in the Kingdom of Heaven. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

9 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

John 5:43 (KJV) I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Well, they're going to accept someone, and I think we can safely exclude a Muslim and Islam.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/3/2018 at 2:23 PM, other one said:

well I've discussed it with them for a couple of decades and they haven't changed anything yet....

What keeps them tied to Rome? Is it a long history and fanilrity? How do they ignore the scandals?