Guest Desperately_seeking_Abba

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

And . . . when you think something is by faith that is wrong, your faith needs to grow, to discern, to study, to learn. Study the Bible and your faith choices will be more accurate. Avoid sin and you will know God's will. The Bible says "do not be foolish but discern God's will," meaning avoid immorality and your faith choices will become far more accurate. :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:27 AM, Desperately_seeking_Abba said:

I  seeking direction only. 

Stepping out in faith of God's plan should be easy.

Unless, like myself, you've been burnt by stepping out in what you perceived to be faith to find it was a dead end. 

Hi Desperately_seeking_Abba,

I do feel for you as we think God should act this way or that and we get confused. May I clear the decks for you, and this is God`s purpose for you and us all - 

`For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed of the image of His Son,....` (Rom. 8: 29) 

Many preachers talk about God`s plan for your life, and follow these steps to success. All bunkum. We want to know like looking into a crystal ball if we are to be a successful business person, a great singer, a wonderful preacher, etc etc. God is not about those, He is just interested, and focussed on `MAKING US LIKE CHRIST.` Everything else in life is just acts of service to others - from cleaning toilets, serving in shops, looking after the family, to other jobs.

Others have said it and I do too, concentrate on the one thing the Holy Spirit is highlighting in your life and then after a while you will move on to the next and the next, till we go to be with the Lord. That is called `dying daily to self.` Do that and get you mind off trying to find any other so called plan of God.

Marilyn.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom, 

I don't know if this is what you want to hear, but I think there are two possibilities. 

Possibility 1 - It will happen. Consider how old Abraham was when he moved to Canaan. Consider hoe Jacob wasn't told that Joseph was okay for many years. Consider the age of Moses when he was called. We assume that God communicated with such prophets daily but the Bible doesn't say that. It seems that all of the patriachs and prophets went years and years between getting direction or word from Abba. It could be intentional testing to see how you fair in your Faith. Be strong. 

Possibility 2 - There is a wall. Did you feel that God asked you to confront an issue or resolve something and you haven't? Sometimes we can be left at a stalemate of communication. When we don't listen to Him, why do we expect Him to listen to us? From the last time you felt the Spirit with you, assess the changes in your life between that time and now that may have lead to this state. If you feel a conviction burning within you, face it. Be brave. 

I have been in the same scenario under both possibilities. Under the former, I had to wait for direction of what to do in serving Him. Under the latter, I had to dedicate more of my mind to His Word and clean up my act some more. 

I hope some of these ideas and everyone else's comments here help you in some way and you find some peace. 

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 8/29/2018 at 7:21 AM, Desperately_seeking_Abba said:

...Yet the Spirit doesn't seem willing. I have not received the answer to my question....

How do you know that your prayers have not been answered. Most things come our way through learning. For instance, if you wish to be wealthy you may first need to learn how to overcome poverty. If you find yourself in poverty, then this is your training ground, set up just for you. If you want patience, you will find lots of trials and tribulations for you to practice patience. We don't just get patience, we have to practice it to grasp it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 8/28/2018 at 5:21 PM, Guest Desperately_seeking_Abba said:

I have asked many times, of late usually on my knees in tears, acknowledging my sins and asking for forgiveness, glorifying God and all His creation.

I try to follow the Biblical laws and ask as I ask that Psalm 51:10 be made a part of my life, many times, every day. 

Yet the Spirit doesn't seem willing. I have not received the answer to my question.

This has been going on for quite a while. 

I understand we cannot hope to know Gods mind, and I also know that He has good things planned for us, and that He answers in His own time.

What advice would you give me besides doubling my efforts and to continue being patient (???)?

? All responses welcome and considered valuable ?

Several important things to note: God does not operate miracles in areas that lack faith. That's why Jesus had to pass over a couple of locations.

Its interesting that you say you're not getting what you want... have you ever gotten what you wished for, wishing you could take it back? For example: "God please give me a new car" and then you get one only to realize you don't have enough money for insurance, gasoline, oil changes, and regular inspections and maintenance? Or you might not have a parking spot at all and have to park at a friend's house, thus the car is suddenly a burden on you and not a blessing? Could this be one of the reasons?

Also, I'd like to point out that god, contrary to colloquial bs, does not operate in mysterious ways. You can easily derive his decisions if you examine closely related scenarios in scripture.

Abraham didn't get a child until he was... what 70?

I asked god for a christian wife 4 times. Instead I was approached by a shaman, an atheist, a luciferian, and a wiccan. Pretty weird huh. I mean, I suppose god can't force anyone to meet up with anyone. Okay, so maybe a couple things god does are mysterious. But most of them are not.

So... why did god do this. Well, for one thing, you're not allowed to drive the ferrari until you at least give its owner your name.

Edited by Archangel Thyos