Unbeliving lies that seem real

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hello friends.  My story is one that I "bore witness" to being a reprobate in April of 2017.  I have tried unbelieving that but im having trouble.  For Christians, what is the best way to "unbelieve" that I am reprobate?  Thanks.  Desperately seeking for answers here.

Edited by Tyler22
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Tyler22 said:

Hello friends.  My story is one that I "bore witness" to being a reprobate in April of 2017.  I have tried unbelieving that but im having trouble.  For Christians, what is the best way to "unbelieve" that I am reprobate?  Thanks.  Desperately seeking for answers here.

Hello Tyler! Only Satan wants you convinced you're a reprobate.  You have free will, so predestination is not even logical. It is not a matter of "unbelieving" as that still focuses on Satan's plan for yoy, but in believing in Christ and all of God's word.

Are you born again? If not, and you simply consider yourself a Christian, then you need to confess you sins to Christ and be baptized in the Holy Spirit,and He will take your sins upon Himself, making you sinless. By faith you now belong to Christ; you are His and Satan loses any claim he as long as remain vigilant in Christ's defense you.

Then you need to learn God's word and strive to please Him, without being fearful of falling short. 

Cheers Tyler22!!! :)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,013
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,263
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

Brother, if you were a reprobate, you would not care about if you were one or not.   If you are born again, dismiss any of those thoughts the devil tries to give you....instead when the thoughts come, start thinking on a few Scripture verses that apply to your need.   1 John 1:9 is always a good one:

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteous.

Once you learn to defeat the devil's lies with Scripture, I think your mind will be less troubled.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 

• Praise God! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

@Tyler22 as we engage with you here there is one very needful thing for you to understand: where are you looking to find truth? I will make it easy for you because God has made it easy for all men to find truth as it is in Him alone and He has brought it to us first in His Person 'Jesus' then in His Word by the oversight of The Holy Spirit as The Teacher of it...  As this Word (Bible) is testified by God this

John 17:17-20

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
KJV

God's Word is the linage and heritage of saving faith... right now it seems to of yourself and what you feel/believe :noidea: