Yowm

1Thess 4:14 (Just checking)

For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.
(1Th 4:14)

How will Jesus 'bring with Him those who have fallen asleep', if there first was not a rapture?

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

How will Jesus 'bring with Him those who have fallen asleep', if there first was not a rapture?

I've tried to rationalize this myself for years and here is my feeble attempt to explain it even if only to myself.

1.  Our bodies cannot go to heaven when we die because they are perishable.  1 Corinthians 15:50.  Ergo, they stay in the ground, or as ashes [like tortured Christians of old], or as dirt/soil again after being eaten by a shark or lion.

2.  Paul heavily implies that our souls leave our bodies at death and go to Christ.  Philippians 1:23-24 ;  2 Corinthians 5:6-8

3.  We will receive an Imperishable body when Christ returns.  1 Corinthians 15:42-53

4.  Christ is returning with his those Christians who have died.  1 Thessalonians 4:14

In looking at all of this, I can only conclude that those dead in Christ will have their new glorified bodes arise from their graves or wherever to meet Christ in the air with their souls already with Christ.

If I'm wrong, I listen to any Biblical teaching otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Well there will be a rapture on the day of the return of Jesus.. The rapture will happen while Jesus has not yet come down to earth.. We meet Him in the sky and come down to earth with Him to rule the earth with Him for 1000 years..  

So yeah there will be a rapture first, but on the same day as His second coming.

6 minutes ago, Adstar said:

Well there will be a rapture on the day of the return of Jesus.. The rapture will happen while Jesus has not yet come down to earth.. We meet Him in the sky and come down to earth with Him to rule the earth with Him for 1000 years..  

So yeah there will be a rapture first, but on the same day as His second coming.

Same day? If His coming is like lightning, so wouldn't that time gap be even quicker than lightning?

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

fallen asleep means have died.

We know that. So the dead in Christ must have been raptured before His 2nd Coming, no?

Just now, Yowm said:

Same day? If His coming is like lightning, so wouldn't that time gap be even quicker than lightning?

Well the rapture will only take a very short time.. the Bible says it will happen in a twinkling of an eye..

I Corrinthians 15: KJV

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

We know that. So the dead in Christ must have been raptured before His 2nd Coming, no?

No.. The dead are resurrected .. not raptured.. Only those who are alive and remain on the day of His second coming will be raptured..

I Thessalonians 4: KJV

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Just now, Adstar said:

Well the rapture will only take a very short time.. the Bible says it will happen in a twinkling of an eye..

I Corrinthians 15: KJV

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

But don't you think the phrase, "God will bring with him ..." implies a length of space...a journey of sorts?

1 minute ago, Adstar said:

No.. The dead are resurrected .. not raptured.. Only those who are alive and remain on the day of His second coming will be raptured..

I Thessalonians 4: KJV

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

It happens nearly simultaneously...

For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
(1Th 4:15)