hayleyv048

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry for the repeated posting but I am curious as to what you do when an obstacle comes your way.

I have been looking at bibles for a while in secret and yesterday I took part in a quiz to get a free NIV bible from a UK site. Now I have no idea if this version will be suited to me so have been looking at the ESV. I was hoping to order one on one day prime but my husband is less than keen. He wants me to remain a witch. He is an atheist so I am not sure what his objection is. Legally I do not have control or access to any finances so I can not just purchase one so I am not to sure what to do there, it isn't like I want an expensive one - I know our finances our very tight but I would like a physical copy. 

I just feel like something is blocking me. 

EDITED TO ADD: He has since bought a bible for me and it will be delivered tomorrow.

Edited by hayleyv048

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Glad to see that edit! God bless you on your journey!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/1/2018 at 7:06 AM, hayleyv048 said:

Sorry for the repeated posting but I am curious as to what you do when an obstacle comes your way.

I have been looking at bibles for a while in secret and yesterday I took part in a quiz to get a free NIV bible from a UK site. Now I have no idea if this version will be suited to me so have been looking at the ESV. I was hoping to order one on one day prime but my husband is less than keen. He wants me to remain a witch. He is an atheist so I am not sure what his objection is. Legally I do not have control or access to any finances so I can not just purchase one so I am not to sure what to do there, it isn't like I want an expensive one - I know our finances our very tight but I would like a physical copy. 

I just feel like something is blocking me. 

EDITED TO ADD: He has since bought a bible for me and it will be delivered tomorrow.

Hello Hayleyvo48! Welcome to Worthy!

As Yowm suggested above, online bibles are a great resource. Check out https://www.biblegateway.com/. The Bible is available there in every major version that there is, plus in many foreign languages. They also have great search tools for looking up specific verses and based on topics and keyword searches ( the latter only works for the King James Version but once you find what you are looking for you can easily search other versions by the Book, Chapter, and verse numbers. Ex, Book of Matthew, Chapter 5, Verses 20-26 entered as Matthew 5: 20-26 in the search box).

There is also a great online Concordance at http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html with additional search tools plus Hebrew and Greek lexicons, so you can look up the definitions of the original Hebrew and Greek the Bible is written in.

Last but not least http://www.openbible.info/labs/cross-references/ allows you to enter a verse and it will bring up all other verses related to the one you are searching. this allows you to confirm scripture with other scripture, both in the Old and New Testaments.

There still other great Bible tools online, but the above will cover "all the bases".

Hope this helps Hayleyvo48!

Cheers!!! :)

Edited by RockyMidnight
  • Praise God! 1