Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Karnataka: A native ministry has a hospital, children's home, leprosy home and five community centers.   The ministry is celebrating 50 years with free medical camps.   Proclaiming Christ is their utmost priority.

India: A native ministry which started as a small Bible college has amazingly planted more than 1,200 churches!  They carry the Gospel to remote areas where tribal people have never heard of Christ.

Delhi: In North India a native ministry has planted 300 churches.  They work among 17 different people groups.  They want to undertake income-generating projects like buffalo farming.   The resulting income will help support their missionaries.

Info from Christian Aid Mission.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Good topic.

I have been working with mission leaders / indigenous missionaries

in India for many years.

These mission leaders have passion and commitment to give Gospel

to the unreached / least evangelized.

... in spite of persecution.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Global Mission said:

Good topic.

I have been working with mission leaders / indigenous missionaries

in India for many years.

These mission leaders have passion and commitment to give Gospel

to the unreached / least evangelized.

... in spite of persecution.

That's really interesting!   One of the members here, Mel85, is in India.  I think he has a ministry helping to feed poor children there.  You can find him in the Prayer request section alot.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

I’ve read the the Churches are being persecuted by the local Hindu population in many provinces. I also heard that Christianity was a minority, while Hinduism, Sikhism, Islam and other religions have more adherents. 

Are these church plants more recent? 

• Loved it! 1

57 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I’ve read the the Churches are being persecuted by the local Hindu population in many provinces. I also heard that Christianity was a minority, while Hinduism, Sikhism, Islam and other religions have more adherents. 

Are these church plants more recent? 

India is a very populous nation, so yes, the Hindus are the majority while Christians are an extremely small percentage.   Yes, it is true the Hindus persecute the Christians, sometimes beating them up or killing them.   I recall Mel's (member here) elderly dad was beat up and his tiny humble  house was burned up, too.

The information I posted is from the September 2018 edition of Prayerline.

Prayerline is published each month by Christian Aid Mission highlighting various ministries they help support.   (Prayer letters/reports are also  sent to donors.)  They help in poor and/or closed to missionaries countries....also in countries of persecution.  They have contact with many missionaries working underground in Muslim countries.

23 minutes ago, Debp said:

India is a very populous nation, so yes, the Hindus are the majority while Christians are an extremely small percentage.   Yes, it is true the Hindus persecute the Christians, sometimes beating them up or killing them.   I recall Mel's (member here) elderly dad was beat up and his tiny humble  house was burned up, too.

The information I posted is from the September 2018 edition of Prayerline.

Prayerline is published each month by Christian Aid Mission highlighting various ministries they help support.   (Prayer letters/reports are also  sent to donors.)  They help in poor and/or closed to missionaries countries....also in countries of persecution.  They have contact with many missionaries working underground in Muslim countries.

I shall add India to my prayers. Christophobia and Christiancide is growing across the earth. We need to help our missionary brethren with prayer and support. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Persecution in India

-------

Persecution level: Extreme

Persecution type: Religious Nationalism

Major religion: Hinduism

----

" While the source of Christian persecution in India depends on 

location in the country, most of it comes from a variety of Hindu 

radical groups and organizations.. "

----

Info. from

"Open Doors"

www.opendoorusa.org

• Loved it! 1

3 minutes ago, Global Mission said:

Persecution in India

-------

Persecution level: Extreme

Persecution type: Religious Nationalism

Major religion: Hinduism

----

" While the source of Christian persecution in India depends on 

location in the country, most of it comes from a variety of Hindu 

radical groups and organizations.. "

----

Info. from

"Open Doors"

www.opendoorusa.org

While Hindus persecute our brothers and sisters in Christ in India, they are assimilating many westerners with yoga (a spiritual tenet and practice of Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism). Hindus don’t evangelize, they get people to assimilate their beliefs through Yoga and etc. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Maharashtra: A girl lived on the streets with her grandmother as her dad had to live at his job.  He left her at a native ministry's orphanage when she was five years old.  Two years later the little girl is happy and attends the ministry's school.   The missionaries encourage the children to follow the Lord.   The native ministry prays for funds to take in more orphaned children.

Maharashtra: A native ministry has 59 students from different people groups and remote villages in its discipleship training program.  The ministry prays for a small amount to cover the cost of each student.

Also, in reading many of these prayer requests/reports....I have noticed that many of the native missionaries ride a bicycle, often for several miles to reach villages.  Some of them might even walk.... Christian Aid Mission by letting the needs be known to those in the USA tries to make it a bit easier on these native missionaries.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Debp said:

Maharashtra: A girl lived on the streets with her grandmother as her dad had to live at his job.  He left her at a native ministry's orphanage when she was five years old.  Two years later the little girl is happy and attends the ministry's school.   The missionaries encourage the children to follow the Lord.   The native ministry prays for funds to take in more orphaned children.

Maharashtra: A native ministry has 59 students from different people groups and remote villages in its discipleship training program.  The ministry prays for a small amount to cover the cost of each student.

Also, in reading many of these prayer requests/reports....I have noticed that many of the native missionaries ride a bicycle, often for several miles to reach villages.  Some of them might even walk.... Christian Aid Mission by letting the needs be known to those in the USA tries to make it a bit easier on these native missionaries.

It is sad that the word missionary is used, when it’s actually Apostle, apostles are church planters and according to the Apostle Paul, apostleship is a gift, “Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers.” (Ephensians 4:11, NLT and Greek).