• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

From what? Broke free from what?

Hi all,  just a silly tale of dreams, nightmare, and maybe flying cats.

Evidently I fell asleep last night while my love was watching an old Monk tv program. I have now this morning learned in that TV episode she was watching Willie Nelson played a rather awful rendition of Blue Eyes Crying, along with Monk at Monks wife's graveside-

Well most all night  I was hearing the awful guitar work of an untuned guitar and Willie's  voice. It was terrible, distorted, not correct at all. Now I like Willie Nelson (well a little bit goes a lot way), but not in my dreams, nightmares, and not all night over and over.

At some point in the night spouse had gotten up and that was when I evidently "broke free". I was trapped, being held down held down, with  that awful music playing when I finally snapped loose,  I spun and was free of the blankets of real life and a cat on the bed. I think the cat went off on  a flying trip along with the blanket.

Now for those that interpret dreams- well never mind. Oh the cat? It is here right with me this AM  probably thinking it is best to know where I am than to be surprised in flight.  Doesn't seem to be suffering any jet lack, though she does look a little pensive.

This morning I shared of my dream, and wife told me "oh that was Monk TV program. Last night you were sound asleep running the sawmill. I am surprised you recall any of that song- it was awful, just a thing at a graveside not an orchestrated performance and yes the guitar was not in tune at all they had really distorted the song for effect."

Gee all I remember of the tv from that evening was the Rays beat the Indians. Evidently though I listen in my sleep-whoopie. Wonder if that works well  for sermons and Bible lessons? I could squeeze in an extra one or two that way.

I don't much like dreams, seldom recall them, it is better that way I think. Visions, now that is different.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Evidently I fell asleep last night while my love was watching an old Monk tv program. I have now this morning learned in that TV episode she was watching Willie Nelson played a rather awful rendition of Blue Eyes Crying, along with Monk at Monks wife's graveside-

Well most all night  I was hearing the awful guitar work of an untuned guitar and Willie's  voice. It was terrible, distorted, not correct at all. Now I like Willie Nelson (well a little bit goes a lot way), but not in my dreams, nightmares, and not all night over and over.

At some point in the night spouse had gotten up and that was when I evidently "broke free". I was trapped, being held down held down, with  that awful music playing when I finally snapped loose,  I spun and was free of the blankets of real life and a cat on the bed. I think the cat went off on  a flying trip along with the blanket.

Now for those that interpret dreams- well never mind. Oh the cat? It is here right with me this AM  probably thinking it is best to know where I am than to be surprised in flight.  Doesn't seem to be suffering any jet lack, though she does look a little pensive.

This morning I shared of my dream, and wife told me "oh that was Monk TV program. Last night you were sound asleep running the sawmill. I am surprised you recall any of that song- it was awful, just a thing at a graveside not an orchestrated performance and yes the guitar was not in tune at all they had really distorted the song for effect."

Gee all I remember of the tv from that evening was the Rays beat the Indians. Evidently though I listen in my sleep-whoopie. Wonder if that works well  for sermons and Bible lessons? I could squeeze in an extra one or two that way.

I don't much like dreams, seldom recall them, it is better that way I think. Visions, now that is different.

Job 33:14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.

15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;

16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,

17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Love the book of job. It is the first of the Bible that I read.

Edited by Neighbor

Ha come to think of it I was on the job when I first started reading Job.

I was just using the Gideon Bible in the motor hotel room I was remodeling to disprove the theory that  the answer to a problem can be found by standing the Bible on it's binding letting it fall open and just pointing blindly to a line on the page- as a tv preacher type had been  declaring. It kept opening  between chapter 11 and 12 of job.So I went to another room and another each never having been opened before, most likely, all opened to the same page. I end up reading all of job, my first Bible reading experience. At the time I had lost two family members had been dragged 2800 miles into a foreign situation lost my career plan altogether and was  battling in courts with  three groups and was .... and on and on. I was in a battle that lasted nearly a decade that cost in severely in many ways of family, friends, career, money. But there was this book -Job, and I was very soon thereafter finding myself facing an angel of God trying uselessly to debate him, and then being turned about by the Holy Spirit  with a profound declaration on my part after hearing of jesus- if that is true I want it. And it was so. I was turned about "in an instant". An instant that only took some 30 plus years.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 9/3/2018 at 7:45 AM, Neighbor said:

Thanks for another very creative way of sharing, Neighbor!   I am also a fan of Monk, although the reruns got taken off the air here some years ago.

Btw, I have been wondering about the feral cat which had surgery, and the skinny stray which comes to your door.

5 minutes ago, Debp said:

Thanks for another very creative way of sharing, Neighbor!   I am also a fan of Monk, although the reruns got taken off the air here some years ago.

Btw, I have been wondering about the feral cat which had surgery, and the skinny stray which comes to your door.

Our feral fiend is just fine, all healed up nicely! That's the cat I sent flying with the blanket.  The stray "Smudge" has not shown up in  little while now. It had fattened up a bit, maybe it was taken in by someone.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Our feral fiend is just fine, all healed up nicely! That's the cat I sent flying with the blanket.  The stray "Smudge" has not shown up in  little while now. It had fattened up a bit, maybe it was taken in by someone.

Oh, the feral isn't a feral anymore it seems!   I do hope Smudge got adopted.?