iwannabewiththelord

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

i started having these blasphemous thoughts about the Lord, which i am not gonna say, and the worst part, i felt like i agreed to them, it hurts so much cause i don't wanna lose faith in God, i wanna love him, not hate him. I know it's the devil that's attacking me, but i just can't remove these thoughts and feelings about the lord. I'm scared because i know of the eternal sin, and it scares me to lose god, accuse god, etc. it hurts so much,i don't know what god feels about me right now and it scares me. I don't wanna misunderstand him, i don't know what to do, please.... what should i do?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hello and welcome iwannabewiththelord

I will pray for you, and I am sure others will too.  I hope you don't mind if I ask you these questions:  Can you tell us whether you have surrendered your life to God?  Do you feel you have a relationship with Him, or do you think you are "born again", to put it another way?

You see, if you have truly surrendered everything in your life to Jesus, and have had that "born again" experience, you will have the power that He gives you to fight against these things.  You can reject these thoughts by saying "The blood of Jesus has cleansed me from all sin."  "The Lord Jesus died on Calvary to set me free from sin."  You can claim the promises in God's Word for your own life.  Believe me, the more you concentrate on reading God's Word and praying to Him and praising Him for all He has done for you, the better things will get.  You will get to know how to reject the enemy from lying to you.  You will develop a wonderful relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ and He will help you; giving you understanding, comfort and love.  Do you have other Christians around you that you can talk to - people who can help you and pray for you?

Life will always have its difficulties, but He will be with you as you learn to overcome and grow in Him.  He has paid the price for all your sin,  but you have to do your part, which is obey His commandments, talk to Him, seek His help through His people, and promise to follow Him all of your days.  If you sin, God will convict you.  Confess the sin to God, and ask His forgiveness.

On the other hand, if you have not known the born again experience, and know that you do not have that relationship with Jesus that every true Christian must have, then you need to pray and ask God to forgive you - repent from all sin.  Believe in Him.  Get to know Him. John 1:12,13 tells us that we can receive Him.  Read it for the full verse and context.  Tell the Lord you need Him and the salvation He has offered you by sacrificing His life on the cross for you.  Ask Him to lead you to the right people - ask questions here if you like and you will get some wonderful people to help you understand the gospel.  Read the Bible - make it your mission to read and study every day.  Put God first every day in prayer to Him, asking Him to lead you all day long.  He loves you, tell Him you love Him and want to be his child.  Be blessed.  I hope I have helped you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

7 hours ago, iwannabewiththelord said:

i started having these blasphemous thoughts about the Lord, which i am not gonna say, and the worst part, i felt like i agreed to them, it hurts so much cause i don't wanna lose faith in God, i wanna love him, not hate him. I know it's the devil that's attacking me, but i just can't remove these thoughts and feelings about the lord. I'm scared because i know of the eternal sin, and it scares me to lose god, accuse god, etc. it hurts so much,i don't know what god feels about me right now and it scares me. I don't wanna misunderstand him, i don't know what to do, please.... what should i do?

Jesus said: “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else.[a] No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.30 The Father and I are one.” (John 10:27-30). 

These thoughts are an attack from enemy. Even if you felt you agreed, feelings can be deceptive they can be triggered by the enemy, another person, and etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

7 hours ago, iwannabewiththelord said:

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.“ (Romans 8:38-39)

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,867
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Those concerned with committing the unpardonable sin have not committed it. It is a cold, blasphemous heart that doesn't believe, doesn't care, and actively hates the Holy Spirit. That doesn't sound like you, does it?

Dive into the Word. The best way to banish these thoughts is to learn and focus on what the Bible says is true about God. And pray daily for God to take these thoughts away and help you understand and love Him more each day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

@GandalfTheWise Awesome reply!  Thank you from a newbie-  who can never hear these truths enough!  ♥

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

You know God is changing you from the inside because you hate the unwanted thoughts.  If you were not changing you wouldn't care, but now you do.  So thank God that He is changing you.  The more of your life you surrender to God, the more you will be changed.

All Christians are harassed by unwanted thoughts of one kind or another.  Even Jesus was tempted by satan after he was baptized and was led out into the wilderness.  He was tempted to not go to the cross as well, but He always overcame without sin.  The world, the flesh and the devil tempt us.  Satan accuses us.  All of us have our faith tried, but as it is tried it is also strengthened.  Jesus is praying for you!  As others have said, find the promises of your salvation in the Bible, and then stand fast on God's promises.  Salvation is not based on feelings.  It is based on fact.

1Ti 1:15  ESV  The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,  Eph 2:9  not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Rom 4:3  For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness." Rom 4:4  Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. Rom 4:5  And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, Rom 4:6  just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works: Rom 4:7  "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered; Rom 4:8  blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin."

Rom 5:6  For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. Rom 5:7  For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— Rom 5:8  but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Rom 5:9  Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. Rom 5:10  For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

Rom 10:9  because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Rom 10:10  For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. Rom 10:11  For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame."

1Co 15:1  Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 1Co 15:2  and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.   1Co 15:3  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 1Co 15:4  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 1Co 15:5  and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 1Co 15:6  Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, iwannabewiththelord said:

Hello @iwannabewiththelord

It is because you are scared that these thoughts keep coming.  These thoughts are unbidden and unwelcome, but they are not a danger to your standing before God. You need assurance, and that comes by knowledge, knowledge of just what God has achieved for you through the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ on your behalf, so read the epistles of Paul particularly, praising God with every line you read.

Your sins are forgiven utterly and absolutely, and you have the promise of life, resurrection life in Christ Jesus your Lord.  If these thoughts come again, don't resist them, but turn your thoughts to your Saviour, and thank God for the completeness of the finished work of Christ,  that you are His workmanship, and that the work He has begun in you He will continue to do until the day of Christ: for nothing can separate you from the love of God in Christ Jesus.

May you be strengthened with might in your inner man.

With love to you.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

Edited by Christine
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

“Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

Never will I leave you;
    never will I forsake you.

So we say with confidence,

“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?” (Hebrews 13:5-6)

• Thumbs Up 1