• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1998

For the old testament people :)

In the time of Jesus, what Christians known as the Old Testament, was regarded as the authoritive scriptures of the Palestinian Judaism. They were reffered  to as the law (Torah), prophets and Writings. Of all these 5 books of Moses (known as the Torah or law) were the most high rated. The keeping of the Torah was very strongly emphasized. Differentiate between the "Ceremonial", "Civil" and "moral" law. For 6 marks.  

( I ONLY ASKED FOR HELP BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE ASKING HERE) DON'T KNOW IF THE QUESTIONS MAYBE READS MORE DIFFICULT.) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

7 hours ago, Whisperpoetry said:

In the time of Jesus, what Christians known as the Old Testament, was regarded as the authoritive scriptures of the Palestinian Judaism. They were reffered  to as the law (Torah), prophets and Writings. Of all these 5 books of Moses (known as the Torah or law) were the most high rated. The keeping of the Torah was very strongly emphasized. Differentiate between the "Ceremonial", "Civil" and "moral" law. For 6 marks.  

( I ONLY ASKED FOR HELP BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE ASKING HERE) DON'T KNOW IF THE QUESTIONS MAYBE READS MORE DIFFICULT.) 

Shalom, Whisperpoetry.

I have no idea either. You see, they may be trying to differentiate between laws that are still applicable today, laws that cannot be kept today because there's no Temple in which to keep them, and some laws which may be kept today but are not so important to keep. To all of these I say this: GOD is the Source of ALL 613 commandments in the Torah! God has NEVER repealed some of the commandments in deference for other commandments! There is but ONE Law, because there is but ONE GOD, YHWH!

James 2:8-13 (KJV)

8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. 13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Most people know about the "Decalogue" or the Ten Commandments of Exodus 20, but few understand that there were actually 613 Commandments listed throughout the Torah (which is better translated as "Instruction" rather than "Law").

In today's Christianity, we might change the words of Ya`aqov ("James") just a little: "For He that said, 'Do not commit adultery,' said also, 'Remember the Shabbat day, to keep it holy.' Now if you commit no adultery, yet if thou breakest the Shabbat, thou art become a transgressor of the Torah."

But then, we look to the teachings of Rav Sha'uwl (the Apostle Paul):

Romans 3:19-31 (KJV)

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law (Torah).

See, there's NO ONE who can keep all the Torah anymore (not that they really ever could) because there are some commandments that CANNOT currently be kept! Thus, whether under the Torah or not, we are ALL sinners! Therefore, we ALL need to be justified by God through faith in the Messiah Yeshua`s blood!

And, as an aside note, please understand that the word "Palestinian" comes from the Roman Empire's pronunciation of the "Philistines!" Therefore, to call it "Palestinian Judaism" is a PERSONAL AFFRONT to the Jews of the Land of Israel, the Ashkenazi Jews who returned to the Land. It was always GOD'S Land, never the "land of the Philistines" or the "land of those who call themselves Palestinians today!" And, YHWH God has given the Land to the children of Israel to possess.

• Group:  Members

Hmmm.. lol. I'm trying yo get this but I still feel so confused. Thank you so much 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

On 9/5/2018 at 8:37 PM, Whisperpoetry said:

Shalom Whisperpoetry, 

Do you mean what is the difference between the ceremonial law and moral law? Or which one should we keep? 

Love & Shalom 

2 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom Whisperpoetry, 

Do you mean what is the difference between the ceremonial law and moral law? Or which one should we keep? 

Love & Shalom 

Shalom, Tzephanyahu.

It sounded to me like she was inquiring about a homework assignment question. (Hopefully, it's not a test question. That might be construed as "cheating" to be asking for outside help, right?)

On 9/5/2018 at 3:37 PM, Whisperpoetry said:

Differentiate between the "Ceremonial", "Civil" and "moral" law. For 6 marks.

What do you think?

Don't worry my assignment is in. It was a question on my assignment. I don't cheat. I don't want to be rude... but isn't this forum to actually to sometimes ask questions. Is it so bad to ask one Question. I could've asked my whole assignment... I had a question on the law... so it's not really an question in my assignment. I jsut wanted to know what it is. But don't worry I found it. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 9/5/2018 at 8:37 PM, Whisperpoetry said:

The ceremonial law is the laws relating to worship (like the sacrifices) and ceremonial cleanness (like the food laws and leprosy laws). These have been fulfilled by Jesus and no longer apply.

The civil law is the laws that are equivalent to any other national law code, and are the ones that prescribe punishments (such as stoning for adultery). These were only ever applicable to the nation of Israel.

The moral law is the Ten Commandments (and similar commands). Still very much in force!

It's a convenient way of making sense of the Torah, but an over-simplification. Also, some laws are difficult to classify - where do the laws on tithing fit, for example? So maybe it's not the best way of looking at the Law.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 9/5/2018 at 9:37 PM, Whisperpoetry said:

It honestly sounds like the actual Question part of the question was left out.  I don't see them doing any asking of anything, and the actual request seems like it should come somewhere after this part

"Of all these 5 books of Moses (known as the Torah or law) were the " most high rated. The keeping of the Torah was very strongly emphasized"

and before this part:

"Differentiate between the "Ceremonial", "Civil" and "moral" law. For 6 marks."

It REALLY seems like there's a piece missing out of the question.

4 hours ago, Whisperpoetry said:

Don't worry my assignment is in. It was a question on my assignment. I don't cheat. I don't want to be rude... but isn't this forum to actually to sometimes ask questions. Is it so bad to ask one Question. I could've asked my whole assignment... I had a question on the law... so it's not really an question in my assignment. I jsut wanted to know what it is. But don't worry I found it. 

Shalom, Whisperpoetry.

Oh, to be sure! You can always ask us questions! I can't say we'll always have an answer, but we can at the least research the answer(s) out together! You just never said what you needed your answer for, so I was just covering all the bases. I didn't feel you were actually "cheating."

Glad you found it; however, you should know that "Torah" really means "instruction," not "law." The Torah was made for man, not man for the Torah.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away.

• Thumbs Up 1