• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Judas Iscariot – Went to His Own Place

In Acts chapter one the suicide of Judas is recounted and the apostles come together to select a replacement for Judas. Peter prays and says,

“You, Lord, who know the hearts of all men, show which one of these two You have chosen to occupy this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place.” (Acts 1:24-25)

Where did Judas go? The context has just recounted that Judas is dead. Where is he? The scripture says he went somewhere. You can’t go somewhere if you don’t exist. Clearly this speaks of Judas soul and that is how Judas went to his own place, which is reminiscent of Jesus words, “Woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.” Judas’ soul went immediately to a place of punishment that was appropriate for him.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Just now, zorgblar said:

In Acts chapter one the suicide of Judas is recounted and the apostles come together to select a replacement for Judas. Peter prays and says,

“You, Lord, who know the hearts of all men, show which one of these two You have chosen to occupy this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place.” (Acts 1:24-25)

Where did Judas go? The context has just recounted that Judas is dead. Where is he? The scripture says he went somewhere. You can’t go somewhere if you don’t exist. Clearly this speaks of Judas soul and that is how Judas went to his own place, which is reminiscent of Jesus words, “Woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.” Judas’ soul went immediately to a place of punishment that was appropriate for him.

This is were i found my information. http://www.christiananswerman.com/soul-sleep-disproved/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

59 minutes ago, zorgblar said:

This is were i found my information. http://www.christiananswerman.com/soul-sleep-disproved/

1 hour ago, zorgblar said:

The ministry is not really a physical place. Within the context, I interpret this to mean he was not in the ministry. He was somewhere else. Where? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm going with "the grave", Sheol, Hades. He's dead, Jim. 

Beyond that, ones own doctrine determines where they think he is, based on other scripture that discusses the immediate fate of the dead. 

Personally, I think he's in a state of non-conscienceness, much like what we all experience when we are put under for surgery (and it is nothing like "sleep"). But just like that state, when he IS awoken, be it 3,000 years from the day his body died, to him it will feel instantaneous. But it's just my opinion based on what I read in scripture. I could be wrong. ;)

Edited by Still Alive
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

The 11 said to Jesus at the Last Supper, "Is it me, Lord?" Judas asked, "Is it me, teacher?" Do you understand why this difference is vital?

The NT says Jesus knew Judas was a thief, destined for destruction. Judas never trusted Jesus for salvation.

• This is Worthy 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I've actually pondered this question myself:

Did judas go to hell?

Jesus referred to him as "Friend."

Jesus also said, "If anyone leads any of these little ones astray, it would be better for him to tie a millstone around his neck and throw himself into the sea." This kind of implies that there is some degree of righteousness to suicide from a sinner.

Lets see, another question pops up. Does everyone go to hell before entering heaven? I know for sure I'm not going to spend an eternity with a bunch of socially awkward bumpkins who are terrified of drinking alcohol. God is putting all of those people in a very specific place.

Its important to note that Judas did in fact learn that he made a mistake.

Another important question would be to consider if Universal Salvation is a thing or not.