I think that as Christian's, we too can be "in the spirit" like John in the book of Revelation.

It is when you have a lot of faith and in this time a lot of God's revelations (things that will happen) come to us.

The book of Revelation has this title because of this - it was revealed to John how things will be.

A good way to get a lot of faith is to read your bible for a long period of time maybe an hour on an occasion - you cannot do this all the time but you should daily read your bible for shorter periods. Get an enjoyable version that is fun to encourage you to do this (I like the Message and/or the ESV - English Standard Version):

Romans 10:17 English Standard Version (ESV)
17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Faith is our link to God so having a link in faith enables Him to reveal things to us through what is like a telephone line that has been setup.

Read your favourite bible version and pray to God like you are having a conversation with Him whilst you are having a coffee - who knows, you might end up having a chat, coming closer to someone who loves you more than you could ever know and therefore making Him very happy.

Make sure you use wisdom with your faith though so you can discern away mis-leading spirits that may effect the conversation. This is noise and interference on the telephone line.

Shalom :) 

Edited by Sharky and George
Spelling mistake

for about 15 years I listened to the Bible while driving three to five thousand miles a month....       interesting things come out of that when you hear.....    and it's nice that you don't have to try and pronounce all those crazy names  LoL

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

I want to 2nd what OO said. I can't read much of anything due to cataracts but I found Biblegateway has several audio Bibles you can listen to, all free. I never wanted to listen to the dramatized versions but then I tried them. They have the KJV and NIV dramatized and my preference is the NIV. By listening to the dramatized Bible I'm seeing things I missed before. Part of dramatizing the scriptures means the reader adds emotion to the words. So in Paul's epistles if it's a line where Paul was scolding the people the reader makes his voice a bit more harsh. In the OT by dramatizing the Bible you always know when God is speaking, when it's the prophet's words, and when the writer is explaining the setting. I'm loving this.

I don't recommend a dramatized Bible to a beginner but for us who lost count of how many times we read the scriptures it's great.👍 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Behold
      Lets define "legalism" as defined by Paul, as Webster is not using the NT as context.
      "Legalism" is Galatians 1:8  ""there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. [8] But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let them be accursed. """"
      Notice that Legalism, taught or preached, "perverts" the Gospel.  It subverts the Blood Atonement.  It actually attacks the Cross, by denying Jesus full credit do for saving you and keeping you saved.  It offends God, and that is why he curses the person and the message.
      Legalism, is the teaching that "faith + works" is what saves you and keeps you saved.   And this "gospel" is a perversion of the truth.  Its actually a denial of the Lord's words..spoken from the Cross = "it is Finished"....meaning The Blood Atonement.....Salvation.
      Let me explain it more clearly....
      This verse is referring to a person (Legalist) who is preaching a gospel that is a blend of Jesus, the Cross, and their Works. (commandment keeping, enduring to the end, holding onto their faith.....etc, etc, etc.)
      Legalism, a Legalist, will give lip service, = a false presentation of the Gospel.
      And the way they always do it, is by adding 10 commandment keeping, and lifestyle, as a PART of the Blood Atonement.
      In other words, the Legalist, who is usually not actually born again, but is very apt at speaking "christianese", and uses bible verses, and goes to different Christian fourms to annoy and create chaos......will always defend the LAW and 10 Commandments as "necessary" to be saved, instead of giving FULL CREDIT DUE, to the One who died on the Cross, who HIMSELF is Grace and Salvation.

Here is how you spot a lying legalist on a Christian forum.
      Its so easy.
      THis is how they "sound".

"Yes, i know that Christ is the savior......BUT".

"yes, i know that Jesus saves......BUT"

See that "but"? That is the sign of the Legalist.
      They can never EVER agree that Jesus and the Blood of Christ is all that God accepts to save you and keep you saved.
      They can't agree with this, because they do not believe it.

A Legalist, will always, add WORKS, 10 commandments", TO THE CROSS, and then they will all add LIFESTYLE, as well.., as this is how they are "working out their own salvation".
      The gospel of the legalist, is "faith + works".
      The Gospel of God is "The Cross".

See their problem?
      Its a BIG One.

A legalist sounds like this when they teach or preach....>."""now we know that Jesus saves, but, you ALSO have to ..........1. 2. ....3. 4.. 40.....do all this""

See all that?
      THAT IS Galatians 1:8
      THat is "cursed of GOD" theology and PERSON, because it is adding to the Cross, self righteous works, and this denies The Lord His full credit due, for Salvation.
      This offends God, who is Jesus on the Cross, and that is why there is a literal CURSE on anyone who teaches or preaches that ... "The Cross + Works, commandments, lifestyle" is the Gospel.....is Salvation.

How do YOU discover if you have fallen from Grace, and you are become a legalist. ??
      Very simple.
      You just answer this simple question.
      Q.) Do you believe that Jesus Christ keeps you saved?

I didnt ask you if He saved you.
      I asked you if you believe that He KEEPS You saved?

A Legalist is not being honest if they say yes, because a legalist believes that enduring to the end, keeping your faith, living a holy life, keeping the law and the 10 commandments, is what is keeping THEM saved., so that is why they preach this cursed of God gospel to others.
      So, be careful reader, as a legalist has deceived themselves, so, that is what they will also offer you.

B
    • By Behold
      Jesus is the Holy Spirit.
      God is Jesus, "God was manifested in the Flesh" = Jesus    1 Timothy 3:16
      "God is A Spirit" is the verse, vs some phony bibles that say "God is Spirit", .. so, check yours.....becasue "A" Spirit, is a specific TYPE....Its a HOLY One...."Holy Spirit".    See, there is an UNHOLY Spirit, the spirit of "anti=Christ", and then there a "A" Spirit, (God is A Spirit), that designates for  you the literal and  clear distinction between Holy and unholy....so, if your bible says...."God is Spirit"< John 4:24  then  get yourself a real bible that says.. "God is A Spirit".   Very important.    And also check and see if your bible says..."GOD was manifested in the Flesh" in 1 Timothy 3:26, as if it says, "He" instead of "God", then get rid of this bible, as its flawed, and not literally accurate.  A flawed bible creates a flawed Christian.  Thats a fact.
      The Holy Spirit is the "comforter" and Jesus is the "Prince of Peace".    The Holy Spirit gives you comfort, and this is the "God kind".
      Jesus said, "My peace , (MY SPECIFIC TYPE OF PEACE), This is the Holy Spirit)... The peace I give is NOT as the (spirit of the world) gives,".. John 14: 27.... because Christ's peace IS the Holy Spirit, The Comforter... which is a heavenly peace.  THIS Spirit, is God's, and it is the One that "fills you", and it is the one that "indwells you" only if you are born again, as this is the reason you are born again, and this is why the NT says that "if you don't have the Spirit of God, ( Holy Spirit indwelling you) then you are none of God's", you are not born again, and you are not saved.  Romans 8:9
      The Peace of God is not "happiness" , its a deep wellness in the soul.  Its a comfort that is deeper then feelings.  Its supernatural.  This is the peace of God, Himself, that comes to live in a person the INSTANT they "Believe on the Lord and you SHALL BE SAVED",= right then.....and this is why many cry and cry when this happens, because this peace heals broken hearts. This peace heals wounded souls.  This indwelling of the peace of God, which IS the Love of God, fills the emptiness, and this peace replaces addiction, lust, greed, envy, pride, hate,  with self control.... and fills the human heart  with contentment.  AS ALL THIS is the indwelling fruit of the Holy Spirit. ( Jesus the Vine into us the Branches)   Its the "God Effect" that comes to live inside a born again Person.  Its the "Kingdom of God" that enters you as you enter INTO it.  Colossians 1:13 = BORN AGAIN
    • By Behold
      A mystery is something that has not been uncovered or revealed.
      The Trinity is really not a mystery, as this is a misapplied definition that someone once used who didn't understand it, or didnt want to believe it, and it has sort of hung around Christendom, seemingly forever.
      Now then......The Bible lays out the reality of  God's existence, generally,  as  3 distinct aspects, yet as  One individual whole....
      So, here we go.... Lets take a look :
      First......Think of yourself......are you a spirit , a soul, and a body?......... How many is that?......Well, you are Tri-part being.   You are 3 in One.
      Have you ever noticed the sun in the sky?   The Sun:  is Heat, Light, and Actinic rays. (ultraviolet, etc).   That is 3 parts of the same ONE..... So, is that a mystery?
      The reason most Christians think of these type things as mysteries, is because we live in the natural world, we exit in the natural realm, and so, what we don't see with our eyes, = "mystery".  "seeing is believing".
      So, God is 3.  But He is One.  ... Like this :
        Christ said that He is "In the Father",  John 10:30
      Thomas kneeled before Christ and said...>"my Lord and my GOD",..... and Jesus didn't correct Him.   John 20:28
      Christ said......."touch me not, i have not yet ascended to my Father and yours"........  John 20:17
      The reason the Pharisees wanted to kill Jesus is .....1.) Envy.   2.) Legalism: Religious Spirit, and because Jesus said......"Before Abraham was...... I AM"....and this is Jesus referring to Himself "pre incarnate", as in Genesis 1, when He was not yet "God manifested as a man, in the FLESH".    John 8:58    1 Timothy 3:16
      So, we see that Jesus is talking about Himself (referring to Himself as God), before He was later come down from heaven as " God manifested in the FLesh"....... John 8:58 and 1 Timothy 3:16
      Ok then,  i wrote a simple and quick "Trinity" study recently that i'll now post for you to use if you feel like studying all this, that im posting for yuo   
      Here is the rest....
      -
      1.) John 1:10..  If you read it, you'll read that Jesus was in and literally placed His feet on the World HE created.

2. ) Colossians 1:6 says that through JESUS, and by Jesus, all things were created.

3.) 1 Timothy 3:16 says that "God" was manifested, (was made flesh and walked among us as a Man) ""

4. ) John 20:28 says that Thomas the Apostle, upon first seeing Jesus after He rose from the dead , said... "My Lord AND MY GOD"....

JESUS is the "word made flesh".      
      God made all that you see, by speaking words.  "Let there BE...... light, nature, creation, all of it"....>"Let there BE" is like saying, let there BECOME.....   God spoke it, and it (creation)  appeared.

Genesis 1.  In the beginning was the Word and the Word (Jesus) was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was/is God.
      So, there you have Jesus as the Word before He was sent here to die, being worshipped as God after He was sent here.
      That is God the Father, and Jesus as the Word made flesh = 2
      Then add the Holy Spirit, the comforter...... = 1
      2 +1 = 3

Three are "One", as Jesus says. "I and my Father are ONE"..... yet, they are each, one of themselves.

"Trinity".