• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

I think that as Christian's, we too can be "in the spirit" like John in the book of Revelation.

It is when you have a lot of faith and in this time a lot of God's revelations (things that will happen) come to us.

The book of Revelation has this title because of this - it was revealed to John how things will be.

A good way to get a lot of faith is to read your bible for a long period of time maybe an hour on an occasion - you cannot do this all the time but you should daily read your bible for shorter periods. Get an enjoyable version that is fun to encourage you to do this (I like the Message and/or the ESV - English Standard Version):

Romans 10:17 English Standard Version (ESV)
17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Faith is our link to God so having a link in faith enables Him to reveal things to us through what is like a telephone line that has been setup.

Read your favourite bible version and pray to God like you are having a conversation with Him whilst you are having a coffee - who knows, you might end up having a chat, coming closer to someone who loves you more than you could ever know and therefore making Him very happy.

Make sure you use wisdom with your faith though so you can discern away mis-leading spirits that may effect the conversation. This is noise and interference on the telephone line.

Shalom :) 

Edited by Sharky and George
Spelling mistake

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

for about 15 years I listened to the Bible while driving three to five thousand miles a month....       interesting things come out of that when you hear.....    and it's nice that you don't have to try and pronounce all those crazy names  LoL

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I want to 2nd what OO said. I can't read much of anything due to cataracts but I found Biblegateway has several audio Bibles you can listen to, all free. I never wanted to listen to the dramatized versions but then I tried them. They have the KJV and NIV dramatized and my preference is the NIV. By listening to the dramatized Bible I'm seeing things I missed before. Part of dramatizing the scriptures means the reader adds emotion to the words. So in Paul's epistles if it's a line where Paul was scolding the people the reader makes his voice a bit more harsh. In the OT by dramatizing the Bible you always know when God is speaking, when it's the prophet's words, and when the writer is explaining the setting. I'm loving this.

I don't recommend a dramatized Bible to a beginner but for us who lost count of how many times we read the scriptures it's great.? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1