I think that as Christian's, we too can be "in the spirit" like John in the book of Revelation.

It is when you have a lot of faith and in this time a lot of God's revelations (things that will happen) come to us.

The book of Revelation has this title because of this - it was revealed to John how things will be.

A good way to get a lot of faith is to read your bible for a long period of time maybe an hour on an occasion - you cannot do this all the time but you should daily read your bible for shorter periods. Get an enjoyable version that is fun to encourage you to do this (I like the Message and/or the ESV - English Standard Version):

Romans 10:17 English Standard Version (ESV)
17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Faith is our link to God so having a link in faith enables Him to reveal things to us through what is like a telephone line that has been setup.

Read your favourite bible version and pray to God like you are having a conversation with Him whilst you are having a coffee - who knows, you might end up having a chat, coming closer to someone who loves you more than you could ever know and therefore making Him very happy.

Make sure you use wisdom with your faith though so you can discern away mis-leading spirits that may effect the conversation. This is noise and interference on the telephone line.

Shalom :) 

Edited by Sharky and George
Spelling mistake

for about 15 years I listened to the Bible while driving three to five thousand miles a month....       interesting things come out of that when you hear.....    and it's nice that you don't have to try and pronounce all those crazy names  LoL

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

I want to 2nd what OO said. I can't read much of anything due to cataracts but I found Biblegateway has several audio Bibles you can listen to, all free. I never wanted to listen to the dramatized versions but then I tried them. They have the KJV and NIV dramatized and my preference is the NIV. By listening to the dramatized Bible I'm seeing things I missed before. Part of dramatizing the scriptures means the reader adds emotion to the words. So in Paul's epistles if it's a line where Paul was scolding the people the reader makes his voice a bit more harsh. In the OT by dramatizing the Bible you always know when God is speaking, when it's the prophet's words, and when the writer is explaining the setting. I'm loving this.

I don't recommend a dramatized Bible to a beginner but for us who lost count of how many times we read the scriptures it's great.👍 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JesusAngelPD777
      Shalom ,Shalom, our Christian sister in US Federal Prison whom has endured many torture and injustice in USA  for nearly 5 years , a foreign land where her attorneys and the legal system has failed her , is now on a hunger strike.

For over 2 weeks she started a hunger strike where she only drinks water and milk and has been isolated and they are attempting to torture her and coerce her into eating.

The goal of the strike is to get justice, I informed her attorney and he remains silent!

WE NEED GOD'S DIVINE INTERVENTION JOIN FORCES WITH ME AGAINST THE FORCES OF DARKNESS!

our Christian sister is being afflicted let us support her.

Thank you.
    • By Sunflower86
      Hi everyone. This past weekend following into the week ive been dealing with a lot. My boyfriend and I are both believers and followers of Christ. He struggles with addiction, which I have been praying about and seeing God work in his life. He has been doing very well as far as drugs up until this weekend. He has a friend who does not believe in God and openly denounces God. This friend is always supplying him with drugs and bad advice. Everytime they hang out my boyfriend will back peddle so much in life and in his walk with God. This friend has such a dark presence that he will tend to sway my boyfriends belifs a little bit. This weekend he has been on drugs to another degree that ive never seen before. I have been fasting and praying for him constantly to combat this. Today my employer let me know that I wouldnt have to come in out of the blue, which i was relived by. As i was praying i kept getting distracted and my prayers would just stop. This happened about 2 or 3 times when suddenly I got up and walked toward the dresser that he rested his phone on. Before i knew it I picked up his phone and saw that he had gps open to an address very far into the city. I looked to see the last app he had open and turns out he had made arrangements with a prostitute and have since found out that he had met with one yesterday. Ive been fasting and praying for him as well as our relationship. I believe that God wanted me to see what i saw today. What do i do??
    • By Hello World
      I am a 32 year old male and I was diagnosed with severe Teratozoospermia ( a condition characterized by the presence of sperm with abnormal morphology that affects fertility in males) I am married for 3 years already and we are having difficulty conceiving because of my condition. We went to a doctor but he said my condition is irreversible and the only way to get my wife pregnant is to undergo Invitro Fertilization which is very expensive.
      I am so down right now because I feel that I am useless and not a good husband.
      Please help us pray because we really want a baby of our own.
    • By CuriousWhiteTryinToDoRight
      I have this silly concern and constant worry about my decisions displeasing God. So many of my goals and things I want to do aren’t necessarily Christian based. I like doing things such as watching certain shows that have cussing and sexual content in them....but they are so entertaining....I’ve been told that even the little things I like to do, such as working out, is based on vanity. But I really just love working out because it makes me feel complete. I’m even a little afraid of getting in a relationship because of the fear of feeling something sinful such as lust or immoral thoughts. Back when I was younger, I didn’t mind these things much. But now, I’m at an age where I should know better. I don’t want to live this way anymore. I need to find an inner peace. God Bless.
    • By shadowkat
      My friends, I need your help. I'll do my best not to make this too long, although it is a bit of a story.
      Back in October, I saw a need in my church choir and reached out to a guy that was relatively new and was essentially getting shunned by most of the other men because he has tattoos and his ears are pierced. I actually feel really bad because I waited for a few months after I felt the initial tug and I wonder if I would be struggling so much if I hadn't. Anyway...we clicked almost immediately and soon we were talking practically every day. We are very similar and deal with a lot of the same struggles, such as depression. We've opened up to one another on a level that I've only ever replicated with my two best friends of 13+ years and we can talk for hours without it feeling like any time has passed. He has quickly become a close friend, one that I greatly cherish. 
      My issue is this: I have developed romantic feelings for him, feelings that I'm pretty sure he doesn't return. He is in a relationship at this point and it's a relationship he said he has prayed for, despite that this girl has caused him a lot of heartache. It's hard for me to watch since I don't feel she is good for him and obviously I feel that I am. It's also hard because he is one that will ghost out on the people around him when he gets wrapped up in his own affairs. He doesn't mean to, he just has had really bad examples of friendship and I'm the first one that actually fights to keep him grounded. 
      So how do I maintain this friendship in a Godly way without letting my own bias get in the way and how do I move on from my feelings? If you need me to answer any further questions that might help give better advice, please feel free to ask. I have probably forgotten something in my attempt to keep this short.