IGNORED

Can you help me by voicing an opinion?

Omegaman 3.0

Which of the paintings at http://omegazine.com/stuff/maker.html would you like most to have on a wall in your home of office?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the paintings at http://omegazine.com/stuff/maker.html would you like most to have on a wall in your home of office Part 1

• 1 Canyon of the Clouds
    • 2 Kenya Sunrise
    • 3 Kenya Dawn
    • 4 Lunar Lynx
    • 5 Vicente Sunset
    • 6 Rain Dance
    • 7 China Tree
    • 9 Canyon Trail
    • 10 Desert Scent
    • 11 Desert Scent II
  2. 2. Which of the paintings at http://omegazine.com/stuff/maker.html would you like most to have on a wall in your home of office Part 2

• 12 Trinitree
    • 13 A New Day
    • 14 Nighthouse
    • 15 Red Tide
    • 16 Final Voyage
    • 17 The Monastery
    • 19 The Edge of the World
    • 20 Autumn Fantasy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Omegaman,

What God blessed talent bro, I really enjoyed looking at them. Now I do like - 1, 3, 7, 9 15 & 19 the most, and for the top for my likes is 15 the Red Tide. The rich colours and great movement, are just awesome.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Good paintings!

My favorites:

#5  Vicente Sunset

#9  Canyon Trail

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Favorites: 2, 3, 7, 8, 20

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

Some lovely pictures Omega. I liked Kenya Dawn and Nighthouse :)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Thank you all so much for looking at the paintings, and your encouraging comments, I read them all and truly appreciated them.

I know you already spent time responding, and maybe it is too much to ask, but I really would appreciate it, if you could actually use the poll feature, because it automatically tallies a score for me and the fact that it forces you too chose, rather than list a bunch you like.

This is important for me, because it is unlikely that a person is going to think: "Gee, I like these, I think I will buy five!"

Remember, the point of this exercise for me, is to know what people like best, which ones rank the highest on what they would rather have in their home of office. With enough votes, a pattern should eventually emerge, and that may help me decide to a large degree, the direction I take in the future.

While I do derive some pleasure from painting and experimenting in painting, it not the hobby aspect that drives me to do it. It is for raising money for charities, and I can best do that, by producing art that appeals to people in terms of possible ownership.

If something is appealing enough, then I could also explore the idea of making prints of the paintings, giclees. This would make the art available to more people, many who would not afford an original, and that could produce an ongoing revenue stream to charities, seems like good stewardship to me.

In this line of thinking also, is the possibility to produce limited copies, for example, a series limited to just 10 prints. That could help increase the values, as opposed to unlimited copies, and there could even be ones with certificates of authenticity. Additionally, there could be versions of these, that are hand textured to look very much like a real painting.

Often, this sort of thing is better in the realm of recognized artists, ones with a reputation. Not saying i deserve that, but who knows, I do not think Picasso deserves it either, lol. The possibility, that I could get some recognition someday, makes even prints attractive to investors, who know that often, art, even repros, increase in value faster than most stocks, and they look better on your walls that stock certificates. I wonder how many milions of Kinkades there are out there!

Rats, I was just looking a the Kinkade site, and saw a repro that looks a lot like my Nighthouse, I swear I wasn't copying it, lol, though I did use the way he does lighting, in the windows of the cottage and lighthouse in Nighthouse. 

Anyway, I am no Kinkade and never will be, but if I can sell a painting here and there to raise some money for charities, then I am up for trying.

I have a few original oils, by other artists, that I am also selling for charity, but I am not going to show you those, as a matter of keeping my real life identity, not a secret, but also not widely know, a personal thing.

I bought a limited reproduction of a work of art myself once, back in about 1981 I think. The name of the artist was Beverly Carrick. Below is an example of her work, this is not the same one I have, but it is very similar:

carrick.jpg.a087e6656d1380e815138b4925f1a290.jpg

Anyway, got way of my topic in this post, my main thing is please make the effort to use the poll feature. I like the comments, they are good, and useful, but I wish you would vote in the poll also.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Thank you all so much for looking at the paintings, and your encouraging comments, I read them all and truly appreciated them.

I know you already spent time responding, and maybe it is too much to ask, but I really would appreciate it, if you could actually use the poll feature, because it automatically tallies a score for me and the fact that it forces you too chose, rather than list a bunch you like.

This is important for me, because it is unlikely that a person is going to think: "Gee, I like these, I think I will buy five!"

Remember, the point of this exercise for me, is to know what people like best, which ones rank the highest on what they would rather have in their home of office. With enough votes, a pattern should eventually emerge, and that may help me decide to a large degree, the direction I take in the future.

While I do derive some pleasure from painting and experimenting in painting, it not the hobby aspect that drives me to do it. It is for raising money for charities, and I can best do that, by producing art that appeals to people in terms of possible ownership.

If something is appealing enough, then I could also explore the idea of making prints of the paintings, giclees. This would make the art available to more people, many who would not afford an original, and that could produce an ongoing revenue stream to charities, seems like good stewardship to me.

In this line of thinking also, is the possibility to produce limited copies, for example, a series limited to just 10 prints. That could help increase the values, as opposed to unlimited copies, and there could even be ones with certificates of authenticity. Additionally, there could be versions of these, that are hand textured to look very much like a real painting.

Often, this sort of thing is better in the realm of recognized artists, ones with a reputation. Not saying i deserve that, but who knows, I do not think Picasso deserves it either, lol. The possibility, that I could get some recognition someday, makes even prints attractive to investors, who know that often, art, even repros, increase in value faster than most stocks, and they look better on your walls that stock certificates. I wonder how many milions of Kinkades there are out there!

Rats, I was just looking a the Kinkade site, and saw a repro that looks a lot like my Nighthouse, I swear I wasn't copying it, lol, though I did use the way he does lighting, in the windows of the cottage and lighthouse in Nighthouse. 

Anyway, I am no Kinkade and never will be, but if I can sell a painting here and there to raise some money for charities, then I am up for trying.

I have a few original oils, by other artists, that I am also selling for charity, but I am not going to show you those, as a matter of keeping my real life identity, not a secret, but also not widely know, a personal thing.

I bought a limited reproduction of a work of art myself once, back in about 1981 I think. The name of the artist was Beverly Carrick. Below is an example of her work, this is not the same one I have, but it is very similar:

carrick.jpg.a087e6656d1380e815138b4925f1a290.jpg

Anyway, got way of my topic in this post, my main thing is please make the effort to use the poll feature. I like the comments, they are good, and useful, but I wish you would vote in the poll also.

I would vote for nr 7 on my wall, the poll didn't work because I didn't pick any of the second group to hang on my wall :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Omegaman

I finally got to see the pics, thank you.  Some of them seem to have different names to the ones you have listed above.  In the top set, I liked "Magna Wave" and in the bottom set, the tranquil waterfall/forrest scene.  I didn't select these because they would look good on my walls, as I really liked all of them, and do agree that you are a talented fellow.  I selected those that appealed to me the most.  Lovely work, bro.

I have a request, which I will pm to you.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Can you help me by voicing an opinion?

I know this may not help the survey, but being a carpenter, I pick # 21, "Things made from wood".
Mahogany is a favorite wood, so nice to work with and finishes out beautiful.  I actually have some twenty four inch wide milled, stored in my shop, waiting for that 'inspiration' to use. As a carpenter, I appreciate the painstaking effort required to 'fit' the wood pieces that will be stained and not be covered with paint, but exposed to see your craftsman ship. Really nice.

table715.jpg.9ca58186ba2fb34af8c0bda60a9d2c42.jpg

On 9/7/2018 at 7:11 PM, SisterActs2 said:

Some of them seem to have different names to the ones you have listed above.  In the top set, I liked "Magna Wave" and in the bottom set, the tranquil waterfall/forrest scene. 

If you are seeing those, you are not viewing the page I attempted to guide you toward, you have gone into the site another way, to another page.

On 9/8/2018 at 6:48 AM, Gary Lee said:

I know this may not help the survey, but being a carpenter, I pick # 21, "Things made from wood".
Mahogany is a favorite wood, so nice to work with and finishes out beautiful.  I actually have some twenty four inch wide milled, stored in my shop, waiting for that 'inspiration' to use. As a carpenter, I appreciate the painstaking effort required to 'fit' the wood pieces that will be stained and not be covered with paint, but exposed to see your craftsman ship. Really nice.

Thanks Gary, for you kind words. I did this table in my twenties, with not a lot of experience under my belt, and also, I was not a believer then, not that that is here nor there, except to say:

Now that I am a believer, I accept that God gave me the ability, to come up with the design, and that somehow, in spite of my lack of understanding of the physics/mechanics of the thing at the time, it is surprising that it has held up all this time. Mostly though, I am glad that I chose to finish this table in polyurethane. there is no staining, just a small amount of ambering from the finish. It reveals the beauty that God included in the wood itself. What does not show in the photograph, is the natural chatoyancy (aplogies to those unfamiliar with that term) of mahogany. Those who have seen the mineral tiger's eye (or tiger eye), have seen chatoyance.

I hope you find something good to do with your mahogany, it is a beautiful wood. I have some birdseye sapele that I hope to use on a custom car dashboard some day, if I do not use the koa wood or myrtlewood I am hoarding.

• Thumbs Up 1